Miracle

Gobbledygook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1:

Miracle

 

The sun shone brightly across the busy city as the cold breeze blew gently. It was a busy morning as people were walking on the street to work with their office attires. Some were chatting to each other, some were on phone and some grumpily hurried to work. While everyone was busy with their own activities, a man, dressed in a white shirt and black pants with his ties messily hanged around his neck.

 

Realizing that the bus he was supposed to take was about to leave, the latter quickly ran into the bus. Inside the bus, he panted heavily and took a seat near a familiar young girl.

 

“Morning, Hana.” He said the young girl with a big smile on his face as his eyes turned into a crescent shape. The young girl noticed his presence and gave a big hug while smiling happily.

 

“Good morning, Uncle Tim.” Hana greeted him with her usual cute and cheerful voice. Tim looked over to Hana’s mother and smiled at her as a greeting which he immediately got a response with the same gesture.

 

“Uncle Tim, are you going to work today?” Hana asked.

 

“Yes, this is uncle’s first day at work. Wish me luck, Hana.” He gently pinched her chubby cheek which he always admired. Hana lived next door to Tim’s apartment with her parents. Usually, she would come over to his house when her parents were not home. And, Tim did not mind at all because having this little girl in the house made him reminisce the moment he and her used to spend together.

 

“Good luck, uncle Tim. Fighting!” Cheerfully, Hana did the “fighting” gesture at him. He smiled at the familiar. “She used to do this to me, too”

 

“Which company are you working at?” Hana’s mother asked him.

 

“It’s the magazine company called Elle.” answered Tim. The mother nodded in response.

 

“Why are you working for magazine? I didn’t know you like magazine.” She asked again. “Because she loved it,” thought Tim.

 

“It’s hard to find job these days. You know, the business world nowadays is getting more competitive.” replied Tim.

 

Soon, the bus arrived at his destination. Tim bid a good bye from Hana and her mother. Then, he stepped outside the bus and walked toward the company. As he arrived there, he quickly went to the director.

 

“Hello, my name is Hwang Tim. I am the new graphic designer for Team A.” He bowed in front of the director and immediately responded to the high shake from the latter.

 

“Oh, I am Kim Jongkook, the director of Elle magazine department. Welcome to our company, Mr. Hwang. Now, I will assign you to your team. Come with me.” The two men walked to the desired place quietly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter