Twelve

The Next Generation

A/N:  Here are the list of the main characters.

Kim Jongsan (Jong In's Son)

Kim Gun(Suho)

Chenchen(Chen)

Lu Gyu Won

Lu Hannie

Byun Kkaeb (Baek)

Park   Yeollie (Chanyeol)

Oh Yunseo( Sehun)

Do Kyungsan (Kyungsoo)

Zhang Donghae (Lay)

Huang Yanni (Tao)

Wu Yue (Keuriseu)

Kim Minsong (Xiumin)

 

Jjeolbae's P.o.V.

"We should perish the idol spirit that runs in them. We should show them the negative side of showbiz. I think that's the only way." I explained to Luhan.

"Yeah. It would just lead them to negative things."  He replied.

Denying them what we started, that's the only way. I don't want my children to bear our mistakes.

"We have to." the two of us said in unison.

As we reached home, they sat down on the couch.

"Starting now, you are not allowed to sing and dance, unless it is required in school projects." I demanded.

"School projects ONLY." Luhan said.

"But..I have a cover group." Vaughn protested.

"No buts! We will punish you if you do so."

"Quit all things that is related with the idol branch."

Chelsea's P.o.V.

Walking at the pathway, I stared at my twin, who is now sobbing.

"It must be painful for you. Denying what you have started." I said as he nodded.

"That was my only specialty. That was the way on how I established my own self. That's how I met my friends, that's where I gained my confidence. And they're letting me quit?!" He sent tantrums.

I led him to his room as i sat on his chair.

"We'll find a way. Don't worry. If that's what makes you happy. then I will help you. I know that you are not doing anything wrong, you're just following your heart. They don't want you to inherit the hardships that they have acquired." I said.

"Let's prove them wrong. Let's make them know that you will not inherit the hardships that they have experienced." I continued as he looked at me.

"You have inherited their talents, but not what their output is. I know that you will learn eventually, that you won't experience what they had. Because you're a natural-born idol." I said as he smiled and hugged me.

"Gomawo, unnie." he said as I kissed him goodnight.

"Annyeong, oppa!" I said as I stormed out of the room.

-----

"Ireona!" Mom knocked on the door as I stretched my arms.
"Five more minutes!" I replied back.
"No five minutes! Wake up!"

After a while, I stood up and reached for my towel.

-----

We were walking down the pavement when the gang welcomed us.

"Sup, guys." I said as Vaughn looked away.

"Welcome Jjeol!"

"Glad you're safe!"

"Thank God!"

"What's his problem?" they asked.

"Well, somehow a long story, but I'll summarize it for you. Since I was nearly kidnapped, they prevented us from relating ourselves to idol stuff." I said as they nodded understandingly.

"But don't worry. Since it's Vaughn's strength and passion, I'll help him in succeeding." I said as I patted my twins' shoulder.

------------

"E-Q-U"

"I-N-O"

"X"

"Equinox, here we go!"

"Gwaenchana!"

"Yeah. Saranghaetdon, you can do nothing about it. Yeah. Malhaebwa, I wanna tell you that I'm always here for you. Ireona, Wake up!"

"Jagiya!! OOOH!'

I watched them from afar as I waited for them to finish.

"Five-minute break." Kim Gun (Suho's son) said.

They drank water and restored their energies. Then, they approached me.

"Unnieeeee~~" They beamed sweetly at me. I just chuckled with them.

"Call us oppa~~" Yunseo (Sehun's son) requested.

"Aigoo! People might look at it another way."

"We don't care!"

--------

A day has passed, as weekend came.

"Shh." I said as I woke Vaughn up. 

I showed him a paper; the one he wrote yesterday evening. It shouted: "Jogging, 5 AM in the morning." He moaned in disbelief as I pulled him up.

"Pack up." I said as he rose up from his bed. I hopped inside my room and changed my clothes.

Vaughn knocked on my door twice, which means that I should open the door. I reached the handle as he welcomed me.

"Let's go."

---

We jogged until we reached the park: nobody's occupying it yet. I slipped the speaker from my bag as I inserted the USB. Then, we practiced our vocal chords.

I picked the water up from my bag and handed it to him. He drank and passed it onto me. I took a sip after that. 

"Unnieeeee~" My brother said as he approached me.

"Wae?" I asked as he took me for a hug.

"Aish, dongsaeng."

"I'm older than you."

"But you act like you don't."

"Whatever."

"I'm tired~" he said as I ruffled his hair.

"Let's practice your dance moves." I said as I told him to stand up. He then demonstrated his moves as I corrected a few.

"Put your snaps in this step.  No, make them more vital and seen. Let's try and slow your footwork down so that you could elaborate it more. Posture, posture."

---------------

"Where did you come from?" Mom and dad asked as we entered the house.

"We visited the river!" I said, which was indeed true. But we just stopped by and halted for around ten minutes.

"It's prettyy~" My brother said, amused.

"Okay then, eat up."

"Alright mom and dad~"

After that, a click from the doorbell was heard.

"Who would that be?"  my mom asked as she reached for the handle.

 

"Oh, w-welcome. Dad, EXO's here." she said.

"I..is that so?!"

They entered and bowed.

"Take a seat guys." he said in a monotonous tone. I felt a pang of nervousness just by observing how dad speaks.

They sat down one by one as they filled the whole living room. I nudged Vaughn, signalling him to climb upstairs, which we did.

Jjeolbae's P.o.V.

"I will be leaving this matter to you." I said as I patted Luhan.

"No, you should be present at this kind of time." Suho said as all of us sat down.

"I have listened to the whole story, and I have the knowledge that our children are establishing their own groups." he said as I placed a set of coffee on the table.

"And of course, on my comprehension, I request that we should separate all of them." he continued as he sipped his coffee.

"Indeed, that is true. I do not want our children to inherit our outcomes." Lay approved coherently.

"All of us agreed to do so, and we came here to know what your desicion is."

"I do agree to do so." he said as he sat down.

"Very well then."

"But what we came for is not about our children, it is about what had happened before."

"The case where our group, strong and bold, disbanded all of a sudden, as Jjeolbae was forced to resign."

"And the mystery behind your rhapsodic stay."

"By rhapsodic stay, what we mean is how you stayed and even renewed your contract." 

"I see your curiosity, and your thirst for truth. I would humbly narrate what had happened.