❝ChapterTwo;

❝WeAreOne;

ChapterTwo;

 

“I really want to go to an amusement park.”

 

“That’s nice.”

 

“Take me?”

 

“Take you where?”

 

“To the amusement park!”

 

“You’re not asking right.”

 

“Yeollie, will you take me to the amusement park?”

 

Silence.

 

“Please?”

 

More silence.

 

“Pretty please?”

 

Still, nothing.

 

“Pretty, pretty please?”

 

Finally, Chanyeol gave in, a wide smile taking over his previously blank expression. “Sure, Baek, but you gotta do something for me.”

 

“What’s that?” Baekhyun asked, not even wondering about what the stipulation could be. He just wanted to go to an amusement park, especially with Chanyeol, and even though there had been some tension and awkwardness between them, he wanted to keep their brotherly love alive. So he did all he could to stick to Chanyeol’s side, ignoring almost all of the others in their group just to be by Chanyeol almost twenty-four-seven.

 

“Kiss me.”

 

The two simple words shook Baekhyun, causing his head to snap up and meet Chanyeol’s gaze with wide eyes. Without warning, his hands started trembling, though he tried to hide it as he clutched at the hem of his shirt, blinking away the shock in his eyes. Chanyeol just watched, an eyebrow raised, head tilted, as Baekhyun’s cheeks went through the many shades of pink. He never saw someone get so worked up about a little kiss, nor had he known that there were that many shades of pink.

 

“K-Kiss you?” Baekhyun squeaked, biting his lip as he stared at his best friends, the pinkness retreating to just the top of his cheekbones and his ears. His face still felt hot, though, and as he brought his  somewhat steady hands to his cheeks, he knew his cover was blown.

 

Chanyeol leaned closer, tapping his cheek lightly. “Right here. Pucker up, Baekkie.”

 

Closing his eyes tightly, Baekhyun leaned close and brushed Chanyeol’s finger from his cheek, his lips replacing the finger. He kept his lips against Chanyeol’s cheek for a second too long, though, and Chanyeol noticed. Baekhyun had planned to just peck it and move on, but something kept him close, something deep within him. But after that overly long second passed, Chanyeol pulled away and smiled wide.

 

“Let’s go to the park, ert.”

 

Baekhyun knew it was a play on words. Last time, he had said ‘let’s go to the park, Park’, indicating that one park was a place and the other park was Chanyeol’s name. Chanyeol just so happened to do the same thing, only slightly different. It was an amusement park, after all. Plus, it wasn’t Baekhyun’s fault that his name was Byun Baekhyun, and almost always his name was associated with the term byuntae, meaning ert. Great. Now Park thought he was a ert.

 

“It’s not like I enjoyed that or anything,” Baekhyun mumbled despite himself, despite the sudden pink coming back into his features. This made Chanyeol laugh, and without warning, Baekhyun was scooped off the ground and swung onto Chanyeol’s back, much like when they went to the park. So Baekhyun relaxed into Chanyeol’s hold, his chin resting on the other’s shoulder, his arms hanging loosely around his neck.

 

“What do you wanna do first, ert?” Chanyeol asked lightly, after walking for quite a while, paying for the tickets, and setting Baekhyun back down on the ground before strolling casually into the park. “There’s the haunted house, which I hate, the ferris wheel, which I hate, some water rides, which I hate, a few roller coasters, which I love—”

 

Baekhyun cut him off, pressing his index finger to Chanyeol’s lips with a smile. “Ferris wheel then haunted house. I wanna see how scared I can get you.”

 

“I’m not scared,” Chanyeol said with an air of indifference, but Baekhyun saw the brief flash of worry in his eyes. “I just don’t like them. Darkness is actually really freaky, and what if you fell from the height of a ferris wheel? Splat, that’s what.”

 

Despite his grumbling and complaining, Chanyeol offered his elbow to Baekhyun, and soon their arms were linked and they were heading towards the ferris wheel. Baekhyun climbed in first, smiling wide and actually quite charmingly, Chanyeol noticed, at him as he hesitated. Then, with assurance from Baekhyun’s smile, he climbed in and sat next to Baekhyun with legs nearly buckling underneath him. Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a wavering smile, then pressed himself closer to him as the ferris wheel began moving. Their thighs were pressed against each other, Baekhyun’s hand resting gently on Chanyeol’s shaking leg, and Chanyeol kept his eyes locked firmly on Baekhyun’s.

 

“B-Baek. We’re really high, r-right?” Chanyeol whispered, his voice cracking slightly. Baekhyun tilted his head back, looking out the little cart they were seated in, and his movement caused the cart to sway gently, which in turn caused Chanyeol to freak. “D-Don’t move!”

 

Baekhyun laughed lightly, moving his hand to gently reach up and cup Chanyeol’s cheek, forcing him to look him solely in the eyes. “Just stay looking at me, and the ride will be over soon.” Baekhyun knew he should’ve felt a little guilty for making Chanyeol go on a ride he didn’t like, but if it meant they could be closer, they could have a few moments to themselves without anything else interrupting, he could get over it.

 

Everything was going just fine until the ferris wheel stopped. Their cart was at the very top of the ferris wheel, Baekhyun discovered, and once this dawned on him he clamped a hand into Chanyeol’s, squeezing lightly. The cart had to get moving, otherwise Chanyeol would lose it, and that much Baekhyun knew. Chanyeol’s eyes widened, the fear registering in his eyes, and at that second Baekhyun knew he had never seen true fear in Chanyeol’s persona until right then, and he was honestly petrified of what would happen. So, in a moment’s notice, Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol close and placed a hand on the back of his head, forcing Chanyeol’s head to rest in the crook of his neck. He could tell how scared the other was, he could sense the fear as Chanyeol’s fingers tightened into vice grips on his shirt. He didn’t know how, but he knew he had to calm Chanyeol down.

 

So Baekhyun sang.

 

Guide me. Yeah, take me together with you to the place where you live. Oh, even if the world ends, I’ll follow you from behind you, so please don’t go out of my sight. Even when the morning comes, oh, this walk that I’m dreaming. You’re my only beautiful butterfly.*

 

He could feel the calm wash over Chanyeol as he sang, his words bringing peace to his troubled mind. Just as he whispered the last words, a small wave of your hand makes a whirlwind strike in my heart, the ferris wheel began moving once again, and Chanyeol slowly brought his head up to meet Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

What they saw surprised both of them. Both of their eyes were wet with unshed tears, threatening to spill over, and there seemed to be some sort of new light shining on the two of them. If there was anything to be said, it was never said, because the two of them sat through silence as the ferris wheel came back down, and their cart was the first to unload. With wobbly legs, Chanyeol struggled to free himself from the cart, his breath caught in his throat. Baekhyun followed him out, but this time, he stayed close to him rather than shying away from his touch.

 

“To the haunted house?” Chanyeol whispered, looking at Baekhyun with soft eyes. With a nod, they were off.

 

Baekhyun instantly regretted choosing the haunted house as their destination once he set foot in the large building, darkness enveloping him and Chanyeol, so much to the point that the only thing reassuring to him was that Chanyeol kept his arm firmly linked with Baekhyun’s. Chanyeol seemed much more at ease in the haunted house than he was on the ferris wheel, and it seemed that this time, it would be Baekhyun that needed reassurance.

 

Once again, everything was going just fine. That is, until Baekhyun lost the contact of Chanyeol’s arm. They were the only two in the house, the only other sounds being that of the house creaking in groaning in it’s creepy way, sending Baekhyun’s nerves into a never ending alert.

 

“Chanyeol?” He whispered quite loudly, his arms reaching in front of him to try to find his friend. “Chanyeol, where are you?”

 

“Baekhyun, I can’t see anything, I can’t see anything at all. Can you follow my voice?” Chanyeol’s voice was moving farther away, and as the moments crept by, Baekhyun found himself unable to move. “Baekhyun, follow m—”

 

There was a bright flash of light and the sound of a door slamming, Chanyeol now nowhere to be seen. Well, not really seen, considering Baekhyun couldn’t see anything beforehand, but it was at least comforting to know that Chanyeol was stuck in the dark, haunted house with him. But now, he was alone. There were suddenly loud sounds, much like the sound of someone banging on a steel door, that shook Baekhyun to the core. Were the ghosts coming to get him, now that his protection was gone? He shrunk to the floor, covering his ears with his hands, closing his eyes tightly. His anxiety was kicking in, and that was bad. But then, the banging stopped, and something else replaced the loud noise, something soft and gentle. Though it was slightly broken, worry filling the notes as he sang, Chanyeol took up the idea that Baekhyun had earlier. Now, he was singing.

 

I’m going to look for you, Tinker Bell, that the memories sent Neverland that followed though as that place. While looking at each other, we were smiling. Forever your Peter Pan, your man that stopped the time. Although I’m lacking, I’m running to my you that I loved so much. **

 

Baekhyun took the opportunity to use the wall as his guide, crawling along the floor where wall and floor met to follow Chanyeol’s voice. Tears streamed down his cheeks, and although he was actually quite embarrassed to be crying over a silly little thing like a haunted house, he then knew how Chanyeol felt on the ferris wheel. That, and he knew the power of the words that were sung. Within seconds, he found the door in which Chanyeol tumbled out of, heaving himself against the door and pushing it open. He was greeted with a blinding light and Chanyeol’s open arms, a small crowd having formed at the exit.

 

Chanyeol held Baekhyun as he cried in his arms, smoothing his hair gently and rubbing his back soothingly, whispering gentle words. He closed his eyes and simply held Baekhyun, rocking him gently as the crowd soon dispersed, touched by the brotherly love that radiated from the two of them. No one seemed to notice how desperately Baekhyun clung to Chanyeol, how Chanyeol kept his arms locked tightly around his best friend’s body, and how they couldn’t seem to separate from each other.

 

“Let’s go home,” Chanyeol whispered after a few moments, and a sniffling Baekhyun nodded in agreement. In a few seconds, Baekhyun was once again on Chanyeol’s back, and they were walking towards Baekhyun’s house. Chanyeol was cracking jokes as they walked, diffusing the tension between them, and once he reached Baekhyun’s house, he set him down on the front steps.

 

“You’ll be alright, right?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Text me if you need anything.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Take care, Baek,” Chanyeol ruffled Baekhyun’s hair affectionately, then waved. Baekhyun turned, opening the door, but he stood there hesitating for a moment.

 

Chanyeol offered Baekhyun a weak smile, one that he did not see because he was already turned around, not watching. Baekhyun kept his head down, a hand resting on the doorknob, his body perfectly still as he just stood there. Chanyeol sighed, dropping his hands and rubbing his thighs as he glanced around. He had done this so many times, walked Baekhyun home, but why was the air so heavy this time? He dropped his head, biting his lip, sudden tears welling up in his eyes. Then he looked back up, just in time to see Baekhyun entering his house, out of sight, but definitely not out of mind.

 

“I love you,” He whispered, and then he his heel, nearly dashing down the street toward his house, the cold air stinging his wet eyes, teasing the tears from him.

 

;End

♛ Author Note ♛

 

* = Don't  Go (exo)

** = Peter Pan (exo)

 

Tch.

I keep accidentally spelling Baekhyun like BAekhyun

oh well.

- -’

And yes, part of this is in the preview in the description.