❝ChapterOne;

❝WeAreOne;

ChapterOne;

 

Chanyeol was a simple man, in all honesty. He went along with what most people wanted, followed the rules as he was instructed, and always kept his happy face on just to make sure he could please anyone and everyone around him. He didn’t care about himself, he didn’t care that sometimes, most times actually, his choices were of no benefit to himself. But eventually, he found something to be confident in, something to depend on and work his hardest to be around no matter what. And that was his best friend, Byun Baekhyun.

 

They literally spent all their time together. Chanyeol was glued to Baekhyun like a puppy would be to the youngest child in a family, never wanting to leave his side. He loved the others company, loved being around him. He felt safe, happy... Genuinely happy.

 

So it didn’t surprise Baekhyun one day to get a call from an over-excited Chanyeol, nearly screaming into his phone. “Baek! Baek, let’s go to the park! I want to go to the park, and no one else will go with me. You’ll go with me, won’t you?”

 

There was a moment of silence, then Baekhyun breathed into the phone. “Let’s go to the park, Park.”

 

Chanyeol was ever so glad to agree to Baekhyun’s stipulations. He had to carry him the entire way, Baekhyun said with an air of triumph, and he couldn’t complain at all. So Chanyeol agreed, his glee radiating through the line as Baekhyun held the phone away from his ear, an excited half-squeal filling his ears. Moments later, Chanyeol was at Baekhyun’s door, and after a brief squabble they were off.

 

Baekhyun hung his arms loosely around Chanyeol’s neck as the walked, Chanyeol’s hands clasped on his own stomach, Baekhyun’s legs laced through Chanyeol’s elbows. He hopped every once in a while to lift Baekhyun up on his back, and it resulted in Baekhyun whining and smacking the back of Chanyeol’s head lightly, as his teeth clamped together each time he did it. Once he was sure Chanyeol wasn’t going to do it anymore, he gently rested his chin on Chanyeol’s shoulder, and secretly began stealing glances at his best friend.

 

Baekhyun would never admit it, but he adored Chanyeol. He loved the way the gangly man would choose him over anyone, save Kris, how his red curls flopped almost messily into his eyes. But most of all, when Chanyeol wore his glasses, Baekhyun couldn’t help but internally squeal. Chanyeol was a dork, probably the biggest dork on the planet, but Baekhyun loved his dorkiness. He would never admit it, especially not to Chanyeol himself, so he kept that part of his mind a little secret from everyone, even himself at times.

 

“Baek, what’re you thinking about?” Chanyeol asked lightly, tilting his head as they arrived in the park, and with a teasing smirk he squeezed Baekhyun’s thighs. His answer came, a small whine and whimper from Baekhyun’s lips. Instantly, his face went through the many shades of red and pink that a face could experience, his lower lip sneaking between his two rows of perfect teeth.

 

“D-Don’t touch me there!!” He squeaked, his voice rising a few pitches as he squirmed form Chanyeol’s hold, dropping himself onto the grass and running over by a tree. “Don’t, Park Chanyeol!”

 

“Don’t touch you where?” Chanyeol’s smirk widened, and he promptly pushed Baekhyun back onto the ground, reaching down and running his hand along Baekhyun’s thigh, squeezing it gently. “There?”

 

Baekhyun shut his eyes tight, squirming violently. How dare his best friend do this to him!? He whined loudly, his face growing more and more red by the second, up until his gaze slid past Chanyeol’s red curls to see a couple of people looking at them giving them weird looks. Distracted, he didn’t see Chanyeol reach around and pinch his , but he did squeal loudly. Baekhyun tried crab walking away, but Chanyeol pushed him back onto the ground, hovering over him with an innocent smile.

 

“Y-Yeollie... There are people,” Baekhyun muttered in a small voice, just barely pointing over his shoulder. Then Chanyeol did the unexpected: he leaned in and made it seem as if the two of them were face, when really, they were hardly a centimeter away from lips touching, their noses brushing against each other. They sat like that for a few moments, both sets of eyes wide and unblinking, their bones frozen in place as they stayed in that exact position, hot breaths mixing in the small space between their lips.

 

“B-Baek?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What just happened?”

 

“I dunno.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

They both scrambled to get up, Chanyeol rolling over onto his back to lay next to Baekhyun, his face as red as a tomato. He stared up at the sky, his eyes looking into the clouds but obviously in a much different place. Baekhyun, however, covered his cheeks, sitting up with his ankles crossed and knees pulled up to his chin. He was internally having a fit, confused as to why that moment made him seem like a little child, especially with his best friend.

 

Suddenly, there was a bright red rose in Baekhyun’s view, making him look cross-eyed at the pretty flower. He looked up at the hand that held it, following the limbs to find Chanyeol’s brightly smiling face just inches from his own, making him scramble back. Chanyeol simply pushed the flower forward, his smile faltering slightly. So Baekhyun accepted the flower, gently taking it in his fingertips and twirling it gently. But when he looked back up, Chanyeol was standing up and brushing grass and dirt from his jeans, then turning to offer a hand to Baekhyun.

 

“We should probably go back before the others get suspicious,” Chanyeol said as Baekhyun took the hand, not letting go of it, and they began walking.

 

“Yeah,” He answered simply, his nose buried in the flower as an idiotic smile burst across his face. Chanyeol noticed this, but he said nothing as he swung their hands lightly.

 

Thus, their love bloomed as a flower would, in one of the most beautiful ways.

 

;End