❝ChapterSix;

❝WeAreOne;

ChapterSix;

 

I’d like that.

 

Chanyeol wasn’t far from Baekhyun’s house when he sent the text, because he found that the more he walked away the more he longed to be with Baekhyun. So he sat against a street sign, his head resting against the pole. He kept his phone held tight in his hands, biting his lip hard, and then he got the response. It sent a chill down his spine, and then he scrambled to stand back up, his frown being replaced with a gleeful smile. It was minutes before he decided to round the corner and meet up with Baekhyun halfway, who seemed just as excited as he did.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hi.”

 

Silence stretched between the two of them for a moment, then Chanyeol threw his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and began leading them in no specific direction, tugging his hood down from his head and fixing his curls. This earned a laugh from Baekhyun, who seemed the least bit uncomfortable by Chanyeol’s actions.

 

“Where do you wanna go, ert?”

 

Baekhyun thought for a moment, tapping his nose and tilting his head in thought. “I really wanna go to a water park, actually.”

 

“But... My hair...” Chanyeol pointed to the mess of ginger curls on his head, and it was as though Baekhyun couldn’t resist: he reached up and ruffled Chanyeol’s hair, earning a whine. “You’re gonna get my hair all messed up!”

 

“That’s the point, Yeol,” Baekhyun said with a playful grin, then reached up and grabbed Chanyeol’s glasses off his face. He slipped them on, blinking as his eyes adjusted, and then brought his hands in front of his face. He liked it. He could pretend nothing major happened between them, and it could be okay. They’d go back to being just friends, before anything happened between them. Baekhyun struck a pose, making Chanyeol laugh.

 

“Fine, fine, we’ll go to the water park. But you gotta give me back my glasses, Baek. I can’t see,” Chanyeol whined and reached for his glasses, then paused and dropped his hand. “You look y.”

 

“I know I do,” Baekhyun said with a giggle, pushing the glasses up on his nose with a delighted smirk. “Don’t I always?”

 

“Gimme back my glasses,” Chanyeol said, and once he took them back he got a pout from Baekhyun. “Hey, it was either me be blind and you look y or me look like a dork and you still look y.”

 

Baekhyun blushed lightly, looking down and biting his lip, brushing his bangs from his eyes with a sheepish smile.

 

“Baek?” Chanyeol waited until Baekhyun looked back up at him to continue. “Were we ever like this before?”

 

Tilting his head in thought, Baekhyun shook his head. “Now that I think of it, no, we weren’t.”

 

“Can we stay like this? I like hitting on you.”

 

Baekhyun stayed silent. It wasn’t supposed to be like that. He wasn’t supposed to fall in love with Chanyeol again, he had to keep reminding himself that. He couldn’t, he shouldn’t. The ringing of his phone brought him out of his thoughts, and holding a finger up to make Chanyeol pause, he answered.

 

“Hello? Yeah... What? WHAT!? I’ll be right there,” Baekhyun hung up the phone, tears in his eyes, and turned to Chanyeol, who gave Baekhyun a curious glance. “I’m sorry Chanyeol.. I’ve got to go... Let’s do this next time, yeah?”

 

“Yeah... Sure...” And then Baekhyun was gone.

 

Chanyeol just his heel, pulling his hood back over his eyes, and began walking back to his house, muttering to himself. “It’s okay, Yeol. He just had to go. It’s an emergency, that’s why he left. Not ‘cause he didn’t want to hang out with you. Nah, he loves you, Yeol. He wouldn’t just ditch you. Never.”

 

He kept muttering to himself until he got to his house, and once he was standing outside his door, he heard his phone ringing. Pulling it slowly from his pocket, he glanced at the screen, noticing it was Baekhyun calling. With a bitter scoff and a rolling of his eyes, he put his phone back in his pocket. Once it dinged, telling him he had a voicemail, he decided to listen to it, though it was very hesitant. Chanyeol brought his phone to his ear in a very lethargic way, obviously downcast.

 

Baekhyun’s voice, trembling and shaky, filled his ears. “Y-Yeol... I-I need you. P-Please.. I-I just need you, I-I’m a-at the h-hospital... P-Please, Y-Yeol, p-please...”

 

Chanyeol was in his car and speeding towards the hospital before the line even went dead.

 

;End