❝ChapterFive;

❝WeAreOne;

ChapterFive;

 

Chanyeol woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and no recollection of what happened the night before. Did he really get that messed up that he couldn’t even remember? Apparently, that was true. Reaching into his pocket, Chanyeol pulled out his phone, and once he read the message from Baekhyun, everything came rushing back to him.

 

are you mad at me?

 

Baekhyun read the text with sleep still riddled in his eyes, a small yawn turning into a gasp. Chanyeol was awake and texting him? Didn’t he get the message?

 

do you mean before or after you were a total to me?

 

Chanyeol read the message while biting his lip, and without thinking of a proper response, he left it at that for a moment or two. He got up and fixed himself breakfast, eating a bowl of cereal before replying with what he hoped would be good enough to get Baekhyun to feel better.

 

i already made my decision. i choose you over Sehun.

 

Baekhyun was panicking. Chanyeol hadn’t responded, and it had at least been a good ten or fifteen minutes. Even being mad at him, Baekhyun still liked to believe that Chanyeol wanted him over anyone else. It just so happened that when reading the text, Baekhyun suddenly felt sick. He set his phone on the counter, staring at the words that he so longed to hear and now they were right in front of him. After a few minutes, he replied.

 

yeah. sure you did.

 

Chanyeol glared at his phone with a mixture of anger and annoyance. Why couldn’t Baekhyun just accept it? Deep down, he really did choose Baekhyun over Sehun, but it wasn’t like it wasn’t obvious. Did he hurt BAekhyun so much that now he didn’t want him? Did he push him too far, so that he wouldn’t come back to him? Great. Finally, after much longer than fifteen minutes, he replied, now with determination.

 

i’m coming over. i don’t care what you say, i’m coming.

 

It was just Baekhyun’s luck. Now Chanyeol wasn’t talking to him. With his phone in his hand, he was pacing back and forth, trying to decide whether or not he should’ve said what he did. He only said it so that Chanyeol would retort with something that calmed his fears, something that proved that Chanyeol really did choose him. But with defeat, Baekhyun left his phone on the counter and took a shower, the phone vibrating with a text but he not there to see it.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was putting on clean clothes and fixing his appearance. He spent as much time as he could in front of the mirror, trying to calm his crazy curls, and in the end he just ended up throwing on a pair of skinny jeans and a bright blue hoodie, shoving his glasses on so that he could see. Then, with determination running through his veins and pounding in his heart, Chanyeol set off to Baekhyun’s house.

 

Baekhyun finally got out of the shower, throwing on a bathrobe, when he heard the doorbell ring. He was heading towards the kitchen, where he left his phone, to see if Chanyeol responded, but the sound of his doorbell stopped him in his tracks. Did he dare look at his phone first, or did he attend to business at his door and read the text after? Deciding the latter was a better choice, Baekhyun shuffled to the door and ruffled his wet hair, opening the door.

 

The sight shocked him. There was Chanyeol, panting, out of breath, as if he had run all the way to his house. And in a moment’s notice, everything happening so fast, Chanyeol had his hands clamped on Baekhyun’s upper arms and their lips connected. Without warning, tears suddenly burst from Baekhyun’s eyes, slipping down his cheeks, and although he wanted to pull away, he couldn’t bring himself to. It took him three or four tries before he finally broke the kiss, Chanyeol’s grip still firm on his arms.

 

“Y-Yeol... Don’t just do that...” He mumbled, bringing his fingertips to his lips, his eyes watering. “Let me go...”

 

Chanyeol refused to let go, though. He brought his lips to Baekhyun’s forehead, kissing him softly as tears welled up in his own eyes. “Don’t you see, Baekhyun? I chose you...”

 

“Let me go, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun fought against Chanyeol now, pushing his chest and stumbling backwards into his house. Without waiting for a response, Baekhyun shut the door, his breath catching in his throat. He leaned his forehead against the shut door, knowing he left Chanyeol there in the worst of times, and then he started crying. He broke into heart-wrenching sobs, bringing his fingertips to his lips as he stood there.

 

On the other side of the door, Chanyeol was doing the same thing. He broke into tears once Baekhyun shut the door, leaning against the door with his palms against the wood. Then, out of spite, he slammed his fist on the door, starting both him and Baekhyun. Without realizing, they both slid down and sat in front of the door, crying softly into their arms.

 

“I chose you, Baekhyun...” Chanyeol whispered, and after a while, he recomposed himself and pushed himself from the ground, wiping harshly at his eyes. He stumbled away from the door, tripping and falling down the few steps that were in front of Baekhyun’s door, landing on his hands and knees. He let out a string of curses, sniffling and fighting back more stinging tears as he stood and rubbed his scraped hand on his thighs. Then, he stumbled away from Baekhyun’s house, pulling his hood over his eyes and struggling to keep himself from falling over.

 

Baekhyun sat on the floor in front of the door, his ear pressed against the door as he listened to the sounds form outside. He sniffled, tears streaming openly down his cheeks, and sat there until he didn’t heard Chanyeol’s voice anymore. Finding some sort of relief in the retreating footsteps he heard, Baekhyun sat with his back against the door and let out a shaky breath. After a bit, he stood up shakily and walked to his bedroom, pulling an outfit from his closet. He was still in his bathrobe, so he figured he should change.

 

A his phone vibrating on the kitchen counter brought him back into the room once he was dressed. Baekhyun picked up his phone, biting his lip seeing that it was form Chanyeol. Sighing, he read the text, but after a second a bright smile spread across his tear-stained face.

 

let’s hang out like we used to. you think we could do that?

 

;End