43

Friend's Matters

4 years later,

 

 

 

 

“Daniel Kim!” 

 

Jongin groaned when he heard his wife yelling voice first thing in the morning. He randomly took the pillow around him and covered his face. 

 

“Daniel Kim!!!” Haru chases the small boy with slightly damp towel on her hand. She was drying her son hair just now when suddenly Daniel runs away to the living room. Haru sighed. Having a son in the house is so tiring!

 

"Don't come to Mommy if you catch a cold." She warned and throws away the towel in the laundry and walks to her bedroom.  There, she saw Jongin on the bed. “If the son is too hyper then this daddy is too lazy!” She picks up the extra pillow scattered on the floor and throw it on the bed. 

 

“Mr. Kim Kai, you better get up now. You have a morning meeting.” Haru walks in their walk-in closet and search for the suit for her husband. “I heard the Robinson already choose school for their son. How about we put Daniel in the same school as Michael?” After running her fingers on the row of branded suits, she finally choose the classic black suit pair with black shirt. She then walks inside her bedroom and hang it near the bathroom. Glancing on her husband who is still half sleep on the bed, Haru sits beside Jongin. 

 

“Kim Kai.” 

 

Jongin heard her voice. He pushes away the pillow he reached out earlier and settle down on his wife lap. Haru bends down until her lips near with Jongin lips, “Good morning.” she whispered. Jongin smiles and opens his eyes. “I want my morning kiss.” He pouted his lips. 

 

“You really got a thick lips huh?” 

 

Jongin scoffed. “This,” he pointed to his lips, “lips are the who makes you moaned-” Haru quickly covered his mouth. “Don’t you dare!” Jongin smirked. “I want my morning kiss.” 

 

Haru looks at him, “Sometimes I feel like I have two sons instead of one.” Jongin changed his position to sit and pouted his lips again. She cupped his cheeks and ready to plant a kiss on his lips when suddenly someone barging into their bedroom. 

 

“Mommy!!! I want my morning kiss too!!!” 

 

Jongin and Haru turn to look at their three years old son and laughed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Daniel, wait until daddy comes okay. Don’t talk to stranger.” Haru fixes Daniel collar before planting a kiss on his head. Her son smiles, “Mommy, I love you.” He makes a heart sign on top of his head and immediately Haru grew warm. “I love you too my son.” 

 

 

Jongin comes out from the room wearing the suit that Haru has chosen for him just now. “Handsome daddy.” Daniel said when Jongin reaches them. 

 

“Thank you. You are one handsome boy too.” Jongin squats down and pinched his son cheek. He then stands up and look at his wife, “You heard that? My son called me handsome.” 

 

Haru rolls her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now go before you are late for your office.” Haru pushes him after Jongin grabs his briefcase. When they reached at the front door, Haru asked, “What do you want for dinner tonight?” 

 

“Chicken!” Daniel yells. Haru laughed. “We just had chicken last night, it wouldn’t be healthy if you eat chicken two days in a row.” Daniel pouts. “How about I make Mac and cheese? You love that.” He nodded. “Okay!” 

 

She then turns to Jongin who just finished wearing his black leather shoes. “Is that okay with you?” She then saw him smirked. Suddenly Haru caught herself blushing because at that moment his husband looks so heavenly handsome. She doesn’t know when but suddenly she heard Jongin voice whispers to her ear. 

 

“I rather eat you than the pasta.” 

 

Haru quickly shoved him away. “Don’t in front of our kid.” She warned. Jongin laughed. “Yeah, tell that to your heavy breathing and blushing cheek.” Bending down, he picks up Daniel and lift him up. 

 

“Come on boy, let’s go!”

 

Haru follows them and when she wants to close the door, Jongin shouted, “Wait! wait!” Before she can answered him, she felt Jongin lips on hers. 

 

“Morning kiss.” He shrugged before let go of his hand which covering Daniel eyes. 

 

“I know you kiss mommy, daddy.” Daniel sighed. Jongin laughed while Haru is having a blushing cheeks for the second time of the day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Haru picks up the dirty dishes and put them into the sink before she takes the y apron and wear it. It was a gift from her husband after one week move to here. Finished washing the dishes, Haru then proceed to the laundry room to put all the dirty clothes into the washing machine. 

 

While waiting for the laundry to be done, she then grabs the vacuum cleaner and went to the living room. She is vacuuming the floor when her eyes caught the wedding picture of Jongin and her. Switching off the vacuum cleaner, she then stared into the picture. On the picture, Jongin and her looks so happy to be in each other arm. 

 

 

Four years ago, Lee Haru has changed her name to Kim Haru when Jongin and Haru exchanged their vow after she managed to get back to her old life and that takes up almost a year. While she is struggling to move on with her life, Jongin is the one who keeps on giving her moral support along with her parent. He is the one who takes Haru to many new places so that she can keep seeing things with new hopes. Days after days, Haru is getting better. She can continues to attend her classes and after discussing with the faculty, Jongin has arranged his classes to be the same with hers. 

 

In school, Haru heard a lot of rumours regarding Sehun and her. There are few times when she ends up crying inside the school bathroom because the memories keep on haunting her however, Jongin offered his hand and he pulls her out from the depression. He literally warned everyone whenever he heard someone is talking bad about Haru. 

 

Four months after that, they graduated together. Two weeks after that, Jongin asked her to move to New York together with him. At that time, he received a great offer from one company and he thought that is a good idea on starting a new life with Haru. He throughly discussed with Haru parent and with her too of course. One week after that, they got married. 

 

It was a simple wedding. Only attended by Jongin mother and Haru parent. The Oh wants to come too but Haru politely rejects them. She doesn’t want anything with Sehun from the moment she signed that divorce paper. She throws out all the memories she had with Sehun and shut her mind from thinking about him. That’s why she doesn’t want anyone or anything that related to Sehun comes into her life again. 

 

Few months after that, she announced her pregnancy to Jongin, both are excited with the news. Haru has found another reason to live. From that day, Jongin does his work from home and only went to the company if he needs to attend the meeting or something. He promised her to  stay by her side from day one until the day she gave birth to Daniel Kim. Jongin fulfilled his promise. That’s why she is in love once again with her husband. 

 

However, when Jongin asked her on going back to Seoul, to let Daniel meet with his grandparent, she refused. They even nearly bicker with each other because of that. Jongin turns to his mother and his parent in law for advice, in the end, The Lee came all the way from Seoul to New York, all expenses are sponsored by Jongin. 

 

Haru refused to go back to Seoul. No matter how her parent pleaded her or no matter what Jongin said, she is determined to stay in New York. For her, Seoul reminded her of Kkot-nim and Sehun. She doesn’t want to stay in the place where she keep on reminding about her past life. Because of her decision, The Lee always comes to New York thrice a year just for the sake visiting their daughter and their grandson. 

 

But the most important thing is, she is hurt. Hurt by his decision on leaving her during her most depression period. However she knew, she is lying to herself. She is the main reason on why Sehun leaves on the first place. If not of her harsh word, he will still be here. Still be her husband, her best friend and she will still in Korea. 

 

Honestly, she doesn’t know where he is right now. She never asked and no one has ever told her. 

 

 

 

Walking into Jongin and her study room, she sits down on the leather chair behind her desk and opens the top drawer. Inside, there is a one medium sized box. She takes off the lid and first thing greet her is her wedding picture with Sehun.