A Girl In Love

Our Love Story Through A Melody (Hiatus)

 A Girl  In love « now playing: A girl in love - sistar19 »

Kwangyeon stared at the full body mirror in front of him. As Kwangyeon buttoned up his black blazer and knotted his dark red tie, his mind couldn't help bit go back to the conversation he had with Kaycee last night.

"1-4-3... numbers? No..." Kwangyeon thought.

He shook his head and sighed. He grabbed his slightly worn out backpack that was leaning against the side of his desk and headed out the door of his apartment.

It was a crisp, cold winter morning at around 5 am. The wind picked up and dropped it's pace as if it were undecided on whether it would be kind that day or not. The sky was turning blue without a cloud blemishing its surface, allowing the morning sun to shine through and combat the cold.

Shivering, Kwangyeon pulled his blazer tighter and continued on his way to school. He breathed in the cold air and his mind wandered back to the mysterious code of numbers. He furrowed his eyebrows as he went through his knowledge of the English alphabet. He hummed along to the alphabet softly as he counted his fingers. His attempt to decode the numbers only made his head hurt.

Shaking his head quickly, Kwangyeon tore his concentration away from the numbers and onto the the sidewalk in front of him.

"The cracks... They don't seem noticeable from afar..." Kwangyeon mumbled to himself as he stopped walking and inspected the sidewalk ahead of him.

A crunch of leaves behind him interrupted his train of thought.

Kwangyeon stopped walking and looked for the source of the sound. He craned his neck trying to look past the bare trees. Shrugging his shoulders when he didn't find any source of the noise, he shivered and quickly walked into the school building as the breeze picked up.

His feet automatically led him towards the soundproof band room that he and his friends used after school. He grabbed the spare key from his pocket and unlocked the door. The early morning sun peeked through the blinds slightly, highlighting the specks of dust floating around the room. He sighed as he switched the lights on. They flickered as they illuminated the instruments covered with white sheets.

Kwanyeon walked over and gently traced the sheet clad cymbals on Hyoseok's drums and chuckled to himself. Hyoseok was very particular about anyone touching his prized drum set. Carefully, Kwangyeon pulled the sheet off of his pristine white bass and looped the strap around his neck. Pulling his headphones out of his pocket, he put them on and sat on the speaker of his bass and started to practice.

A figure silently leaned against the doorway of the band room and watched as Kwangyeon practiced, closing his eyes as if to shut out the rest of the world. It seemed to be working. Quietly, the figure stepped towards Kwangyeon who still didn't notice a thing until the figure stopped right in front of him. Sensing a new presence in the room, Kwangyeon peeked his eyes open slightly. 

The first thing he saw were black converse laced with purple. Lifting his head slowly, he saw black tights that became skin colored and dotted with black hearts as he lifted his head higher.Furrowing his eyebrows slightly, he looked up past the black checkered skirt, black buttoned up blazer, pleated white shirt, and purple tie, until he reached the face of the figure standing in front of him.

"Why are you here." Kwangyeon asked disinterestedly as he slide his headphones down until they hung around his neck.

"Good morning to you too." Kaycee said as she sat on the speaker opposite of Kwangyeon's.

"Why are you here. It's early." Kwangyeon said as he watched Kaycee sit down.

"I could ask you the same thing." Kaycee said, giving Kwangyeon a soft smile. When Kwangyeon's face stayed indifferent, Kaycee's smile faded. 

"I'm going to the orchestra room..." Kaycee said as she nodded her head towards the black violin case leaning against the doorway.

Kwangyeon nodded and slipped his headphones back on and continued to practice. 

Kaycee leaned her arms on a music stand and watched Kwangyeon intently. The low noted of his bass reverberated through her body. Kaycee closed her eyes as a small smile played on her lips. After a few minutes, she began to doze off.

When the song ended, Kwangyeon looked up from his bass to see if he got any reaction. All he was met with was Kaycee's sleeping face. Pursing his lips slightly, he gave Kaycee a swift kick to the shin. He watched as Kaycee's head fell onto the music stand she was leaning on.

"Apa!" Kaycee exclaimed as she held her forehead and looked around the room, suddenly remembering where she was.

With a soft "tch", Kwangyeon placed his bass guitar back on it's stand and started to grab his backpack.

"Kwangyeon-ssi?" Kaycee asked hesitantly.

Kwangyeon swung his backpack over his shoulder and turned towards Kaycee as if to silently tell her to continue.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

For a while, Kwangyeon stayed silent with an indifferent look on his face. Kaycee looked down towards her converse, regretting asking Kwangyeon that question.

"No." Kwangyeon replied bluntly.

"E-Eh?" Kaycee asked as she lifted her head up to look at Kwangyeon.

"That kind of stuff.... It doesn't exist. You can't love someone you just met. It's impossible." Kwngyeon explained as he headed towards the door.

Kaycee nodded, understanding his point of view. "Kwangyeon-ssi?"

Kwangyeon stopped with his hand on the doorknob.

"What is the most romantic language?"

"Italian." Kwangyeon said without any hesitation.

"Why?" Kaycee asked.

"Because it's the language of music." Without another word, Kwangyeon left the room.

A small smile graced Kaycee's lips. "Pabo... If you keep saying what I want to hear, I'll have no choice but to fall for you..."

author's note

Second chapter up ^^ I hope you guys liked it.