1-4-3

Our Love Story Through A Melody (Hiatus)

 1-4-3  (I Love you) « now playing: 1-4-3 - Silv3rsT3ar »

At Steroyal Seoul High School, one class was left without their homeroom teacher. Of course, that meant the students were goofing off, having a good time. Girls were gossiping and showing off their new clothes. Guys were pranking each other, throwing each others things across the room. The whole room was filled with laughter and chatter.

"Jason Oppa, I made this for you." A young girl said as she gave a box of homemade chocolates to Jason Jang aka the school's Casanova.

"Why thank you sweetheart. I'll enjoy every bit of these delicious chocolates." Jason said as he flashed his signature smile. The girl squealed as she ran back to tell her friends.

Jason chuckled as he tossed the box of chocolates into the air and caught them again. "Hey Kyumin, look what I got!"

Kyumin, however, was paying too much attention to his phone to pay any attention to his hyung.

"Yah, Kyumin, quit texting your girlfriend!" Jason said teasingly as he grabbed the phone out of Kyumin's hand and held it high above his head.

"Hyung!" Kyumin whined as he grabbed his phone back. "You're so mean!"

"He wouldn't be this mean if he had a girlfriend of his own." Youngjun chuckled as he leaned back in his desk.

"Girlfriend?" Jason scoffed. "Who needs a girlfriend. What's the use of being tied down to one girl when you can get gifts like this from tons of girls." Jason said as he waved the box of chocolates in Youngjun's face. "Having a girlfriend only chases away the loyal fans."

"Hm... One day, you'll change your mind about that when you find the girl you really want to be with. What do you think Kwangyeon?"

"Hyung is busy looking out the window." Hyoseok said as he tapped his drumsticks against his desk and pointed towards the pink haired boy staring out the window, oblivious to his surroundings.

Before Jason could make a comment about Kwangyeon's hair, the teacher cleared , instantly quieting the rowdy classroom.

"Class, we have a new student in our class today. Please make her feel very welcome." the teacher said as she gestured towards the young girl standing next to her. She had long dark hair that flowed down her back and reached her waist. Her black checkered skirt reached just above her knee, her black blazer slightly ed to reveal her crisp white shirt and purple and black checkered tie. She gave a shy smile to her classmates.

"Annyeonghaseo, my name is Kaycee Lee. Let's all get along." She said as she bowed, her long hair brushing over her shoulders.

"Kaycee-ah, there's a seat right next to Kwangyeon-ah. Pink hair. You can't miss him."

Kaycee nodded as she made her way to the empty desk next to Kwangyeon's. At the sound of her footsteps, Kwangyeon turned his attention away from the window and onto the figure walking towards him. Kaycee gave him a shy smile as she sat down.

"Hello, I'm Kaycee. It's nice to meet you." she said quietly. Kwangyeon looked at her indifferently as he turned his attention back to the window.

"I like your hair...." Kaycee whispered faintly as she turned her head towards the teacher and sighed softly.

Kwangyeon's lips curved up faintly as he touched the tips of his bangs. He winced as he felt a ball of paper hit the back of his head. He turned around in his seat and glared at Jason, who was whistling innocently. Smirking slightly, Jason tilted his head towards the ball of paper now laying by Kwangyeon's foot. With a sigh, Kwangyeon picked up the ball of paper and unraveled it.

Get with it

Three simple words etched onto the paper with a blue pen.

Kwangyeon sighed again as he wrote down his response.

Jason tapped his foot against his desk as he hummed to the tune he was listening to from his headphones that were carefully hidden underneath his beanie. He bit back the urge to yell out loud when a wad of paper hit him right in the forehead.Kwangyeon chuckled softly as he turned his attention back to the window. Jason sneered at the back of Kwangyeon's head as he unraveled the paper.

Get with it her

Jason smiled at the edit Kwangyeon made and stuffed the paper into his pocket.


Kaycee carefully put her books in her locker ranging from largest to smallest and neatly arranged her colorful notebooks based on subject. She looked around at the other girls' lovers. They were all filled with cute polaroids of friends, posters of bands, and other cute things. She sighed as she turned towards her bland locker and closed the door.

She jolted back when she saw Jason's face suddenly appear from behind the door.

"Hello there!" Jason said as he smiled brightly. "You're the new girl right? Kaycee?" His smile turned even brighter when he saw her nod. "My buddy Kwangyeon here just wanted to say hi and welcome you to Steroyal Seoul High School." Jason pulled Kwangyeon out from behind Kyumin and shoved him towards Kaycee.

"Hi... Welcome to Steroyal Seoul High School..." Kwangyeon said as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

".... You kids have fun now." Jason said as he patted Kwangyeon on the back and left with Kyumin.

Kaycee hummed softly as she stared Kwangyeon up and down. "Strawberry."

Kwangyeon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Excuse me?"

"Your hair..." Kaycee said as she reached out and Kwangyeon's hair gently. "Pink... Like a strawberry." Twirling locks of his hair between her fingers, Kaycee was utterly dazed. When she snapped out of her daze, she quickly retracted her hand mumbling a soft 'miahne' as she looked down at the floor.

Kwangyeon shrugged as he fixed his hair.fBiting her lip slightly, Kaycee handed Kwangyeon her phone. Kwangyeon blinked as he stared at Kaycee's phone.

"Your number... We should exchange numbers... Your friends will ask about this, nae..."

Kwangyeon nodded and handed Kaycee his phone. After exchanging numbers, Kwangyeon left to find his friends. Kaycee smiled softly as she watched his retreating back. When he was out of sight, Kaycee scrolled down her contacts. She tilted her head in confusion when she didn't find Kwangyeon's name under "K". Scrolling down a bit more, she giggled softly when she saw the name he was saved under.

Strawberry.


"You got her number already?! That's my boy!" Jason exclaimed happily as he jumped on Kwangyeon's back.

"Chinja? Way to go Kwangyeon. Never new that you had it in you." Youngjun chuckled as he tuned his guitar.

"Jason hyung, set me up too!" Hyoseok whined as he twirled his drumsticks in between his fingers.

Kwangyeon sighed as he pushed Jason off of his back and went back to restringing his bass. "What now hyung..."

"What now? You text her of course! Well, not right now of course. In a few hours. You can't seem like you're too excited that you got her number."

"But I'm not excited...."

"Don't be silly. Of course you are!" Jason exclaimed as he hit the top of Kwangyeon's head with a pile of sheet music.

Kwangyeon sighed. "Fine fine... What should I send her then...."

"Well... I don't know. What do you think Kyumin? Kyumin? Kyumin! What have I told you about texting during rehearsals!" Jason exclaimed as he ran towards the maknae.

Kyumin yelped and hid behind Youngjun. "This'll only take a second! Let me just tell Yooyoungie I'll be right back!"

"No! Give me that phone right now!" 

"Hyung!"


Kaycee carefully weaved her way around the multitude of unpacked boxed that cluttered her apartment as she made her way to her bedroom. She dropped her backpack beside her desk and stretched her arms.

"I really should unpack now...." Kaycee sighed, "Nah, too lazy." She giggled to herself as she plopped herself down onto her dark purple bed sheets. She grabbed her yellow duck plush toy and held it up in the air.

"Ducky-ah, how do you think everyone is doing at home?" she asked the duck. "Should I ask them?" Kaycee giggled as she rolled onto her side and picked up the picture frame sitting on her bedside table.

"Umma, Appa, do you miss me? I'm going to study hard here and make you happy. Donsaengie, you little brat, stay out of my closet." Kaycee giggled as she set the picture frame back down and turned to lie down on her back. She stared at the ceiling and looked around at the lilac colored walls as she listened to the silence of her empty room.

"Alone again huh, Kaycee..." She sighed as she hugged her ducky/ 'What a familiar feeling it is..."

Suddenly, her phone on her bedside table started to beep. Kaycee snapped out of her daze and read the text message.

From Strawberry:
This is Kwangyeon. Hi.

Kaycee giggled as she typed her response. "He's such a straight forward person, nae ducky-ah?" Kaycee kissed the duck's bill as she sent the message.

To Strawberry:
Are you sure this isn't strawberry?

Kaycee hummed to herself as she waited and waited and waited for his response. Five minutes passed and still, no response from Kwangyeon.

"Should I not have said that ducky-ah?"

Kaycee hummed. Her eyes brightened as her phone screen lit up.

From Strawberry:
What are you doing?

Kaycee's eyes flickered from the unpacked boxed of her room to ducky-ah and back to her phone.

To Strawberry:
Unpacking. What about you?


To Kaycee:
Practicing my bass.

Kwangyeon sighed as he stared at his bass guitar still in its stand, plugged into the speaker that Kwangyeon was currently sitting on.

To Kaycee:
Where did you move from? Since you're unpacking.

Kwangyeon watched the characters appear across the screen of his phone. His eyes flickered over to his bass as he waited for a response. How could a girl possibly steal all of his attention away from his bass, he wondered. He shook he head as his phone screen lit up.

From Kaycee:
I'm from Chicago. It's a city in the U.S.

Kwangyeon tilted his head slightly in curiosity

To Kaycee:
So you can speak English?

From Kaycee:
Yeah.

Kwangyeon frowned slightly at such a short response.

To Kaycee:
​Tell me something in English.

From Kaycee:
​1-4-3

Kwangyeon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he tilted his phone this way and that trying to decode the numbers.

To Kaycee:
What does that mean?

From Kaycee:
Oh nothing.


 

author's note

I hope you all liked the first chapter! Thanks for taking the time to read it! Please leave a comment below! I don't like silent readers!