Chapter Three: The strange feeling… could it be love.

If Only... I

Chapter Three: The strange feeling… could it be love.

It was night around 9 o’clock as Taeyeon made her way back from the university. She walked through dimly lit streets making her way towards the bus stop to catch her bus to her apartment that she shared with her best friend and cousin Hyoyeon. Taeyeon was doing a teaching course at the Joong Ang University. She had a desire to become a maths teacher, her major being in mathematics and working at the café. She worked nearly every morning before class as most of her classes were in the evening.

Taeyeon was wearing her hoodie with jeans and a t-shirt. It was a chilly night as she walked towards the bus stop. The sky was full of grey clouds as a little droplet of rain fell from the sky. The small droplets soon turned into heavy rain as Taeyeon ran toward the bus stop. The rain was too heavy and by the time she reached the bus stop she was already soaked. She attempted to brush the rain of her hoodie but it was no use. Her hoodie was soaked through and it wouldn't be long before she would start shivering from the cold.

 Junsu was standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus as his car was at the repair shop. He noticed someone running in the rain toward the bus stop and wondering who it was. He finally worked it out when she came in better view to him and he couldn’t believe his eyes. She was now standing a little away from him as he watched her brushing her drenched hoodie. He had to do something. He knew that if she kept on wearing wet clothes she was eventually going to get sick, sooner rather than later. He took of his jacket, placing it in front of her as she looked at him in surprise. 

Taeyeon looked at his jacket and then back at him. She wasn’t aware that anybody was here at this time of night especially him. She thought he had a car as she had seen him getting in and out of it a couple of times. But what was he doing at the bus stop? Was what she was thinking as she gave him a shy smile. “It’s o-ok I-I.” She attempted to speak not being able to form any proper words her mind drawing a complete blank.

Junsu ignored her attempt of her not wanting to take his jacket. “I wouldn't want my favourite waitress to get sick, please take it.” He spoke gently as he placed the jacket in front of her again.

Taeyeon had no choice but to take his jacket or look stupid. She pulled off her wet hoodie swapping it with is jacket. “Thank you.” She smiled to him. Did he like her? He did just call her his favourite waitress? She felt a strange feeling run through her system. Her cheeks were practically burning.

Junsu just smiled nodding to her as he got into his bus. Her bus came soon after.

Taeyeon boarded the nearly empty bus taking a seat at the back. She couldn’t stop thinking about what he had said to her and wondered what it all meant. She had seen him a lot, he was always there when she was working. She had even noticed him staring at her a couple of time maybe more. She lifted her hands up, taking a deep breath in as she covered her face with her hands in embarrassment. She could smell his scent from the jacket. Her heart was beating faster than normal, as she couldn't stop smiling.