Chapter One: When Strangers Meet

If Only... I

Chapter One: When Strangers Meet May 12th

In one of the many corner streets of Seoul a man sat in his car yawing ever so often, as he had his eyes fixed on a cute little café that served some of the best coffee. However that wasn’t the only reason why he came there. It may seem strange a man of his age staring at a café in the early hours of the morning. The man wasn’t strange he was just waiting patiently for the cute little waitress that he had a crush on.  

He was on the verge of dosing off when his eyes lit up. He sat up straight in his car seat as he looked at the young girl walking toward the café. It was her coming in to do her regular shift.  It was a regular think for him, to come to the café every morning before work. It made him feel calm and at ease in contrast to what he did as a living.   

He waited in his car looking at his wrist watch, waiting for 10 o’clock. The moment the clock struck 10 he stepped out of his car walking toward the main door, as he attempted to fix his crumpled up t-shirt.

The sound of the bell rang as she turned around looking at the door greeting the man that entered who was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. She smiled watching as he took a seat near the window, the same seat every day. She stood before him pouring him black coffee, for which he just nodded. He hardly ever spoke and she wonders what his voice sounds like. She was curious about him. Beside what kind of coffee he liked she didn’t really know anything else about him. He was a complete mystery to her.

1 hour later…

He had been sitting there for an hour now as he watched her work.  She smiled as she greeted the other customers. He would always try and listen out for her voice through the noise, her sweet angelic voice. “Junsu,” Another man around the same age took a seat next to the man going by the name of Junsu. “Yah, you at it again?” The other man scolded, laughing at the pathetic-ness of his friend. “Yahhh…” Junsu shouted back, picking up the menu to hit the taller man with. “Shut up, Yunho… what do you know?” Junsu continued to shout back ignoring the grin that Yunho had now plastered on his face. While Yunho was really enjoying teasing his friend as he knew all too well about his friends little crush. 

The waitress watched them from a distance as she stood behind the counter being lost in her own little world as she couldn’t help but smile at their childishness. “Taeyeon delivery.” One of the other waitresses nudged her slightly pointing out the man standing on the other side of the counter. Taeyeon just nodded apologising to the delivery man as her cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

“Ready to go?” Yunho inquired in-between yawns. “Yeah, yeah, yeah lets go, before you fall off to sleep.” Junsu complained as both men stood from their chairs. Junsu rummaged through his trouser pocket for some change, leaving a dollar bill on the table as both men made their way out of the café towards work.

Taeyeon’s eyes momentarily drifted away from the delivery man that she was suppose to be dealing with.  She watched Junsu leaving the coffee shop. She had known Junsu for the past 2 months but didn’t know anything about him and that just made her more curious.