One Month

One Month
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a beautiful morning, and Chanyeol can notice it just by the frequent bird’s chattering outside from the window sill. He adjusted his pillow once more before lying back down to face the window at the far right side of the room, and waited. The constant chirping, the hushed voices of the grown-ups, and the giggles of toddlers have somehow eased his reflexes. Only a bit.

 

He chewed the bottom of his lip and stared at the tree branches visible. What a sight. His eyes fell back again on the plain room, telling himself for the thousand and ninth time, that he was supposed to be joining the other members with schedules. He deserved something better than a plain white room. He wanted live in his own home with his parents and his dog, Monster. His face hardened as he nastily looked down upon the medicines on the table. Oh, how he hated to take them.

 

The sudden change of his lifestyle affected chanyeol greatly. And like any other boy of his age, he wanted to refuse. Judging by the time, he is supposed to settle onto his new-found life. The two years time is a lot, but Chanyeol counted it as a torture. A large lump grew on his throat as he grasped the blanket and covered his body up. Just because he was special, it never meant for him to serve mental tortures. Just because he was unlike the other guys, no one had the right to prevent him from playing outside. Just because he had cancer, he gave none the permission to force feed him tons of bitter rubbery medicines every single day.

 

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Two years is enough, Chanyeol thought, of fighting mentally and physically. His time neared to freedom, and Channyeol knew it will be a terrifying journey. He only had one month. One month to bear. One month to fight. One month to live.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter