Knowing You

3 Things To Do Before I Die

Ashlyn's POV

Everything has been passing smoothly, with regular tutoring sessions almost every single day. Jinyoung also helped me to find a part time job at a childcare centre. Of course, not as a teacher, but as a cook every weekends. It was really tiring, but I was different from the rest, I knew when I was going to die. I paid more attention to my parents and restricted myself from buying any unnecessary things.

I flipped to today's page of my notebook, and mentally took down the schedule.

"It's Taemin again!" I saw his name and suddenly felt happy. I guessed it was because it was slacking time for me. I don't have to teach and I earn money! I took a quick glimpse of my clock. I still have fifteen minutes to eat my lunch before he arrives at my house. Quickly,  I cooked some instant noodles.

 

"Ding dong!" I stood up almost immediately after slurping down the last few drops of my soup. I ran towards the door and welcomed the expected visitor, I mean tutee. His looked at his casual tee shirt which had the words "The banana milk fan" on it and smiled. I signaled for him to enter the house but his feet were as if rooted to the ground, unwilling to move. I raised my eyebrow, was there anything wrong?

I looked down at my dressing. It seemed perfectly fine to me, just a blue shirt and denim shorts. I turned my gaze to Taemin again, who was trying hard to look in another direction and not to laugh.

"Exactly what is wrong?" I asked with a tinge of annoyance in my voice.

"Your lips.. are.. p-puffy." he stuttered for a bit before looking into my eye and pointing at my face.

I touched my lips. Ah, it must be the soup I drank just now. I rolled my eyes at him making a big fuzz out of everything. After all, it was just swollen a little right?

"It's just that I drank spicy soup just now, so stop wasting time and come in now okay?" I pulled his wrist and dragged him into the room, locking the door shut.

"Whoa, relax, it looks like you are going to me anytime." he innocently said while sitting down on my bed.

I felt my cheeks turn warm momentarily and sat down on my chair. I swiveled my chair around to face him like a boss, asking him what we wanted to do today. I laughed in my heart at my childishness.

He did not reply, simply shrugged his shoulders and plopped down to lie on my bed.

"Yah! You're not here to sleep!" I shouted.

"I'm not sleeping! Your bed smells so nice." Taemin said, hanging a blissful smile on his face.

Seriously? My bed smells nice? I sleep there every night while secretly farting under my blankets and that is nice? What a liar. I approached him and pulled him up.

"If you are not going to suggest anything then back to Math," I said strictly, but secretly wishing inside that we would not.

"Fine fine!" Taemin pouted while scanning around my bedroom, "how about playing cards?"

I took the pack of cards from the shelves down reluctantly. I was never good in such games, but it was way better that teaching this brat Math. I recalled our first tutoring session and shuddered.

"Let's play truth or dare!" he clapped his hands in joy like a child.

"Then why do we even need these cards?" I asked him while holding them up.

"Uh, change of plans?" he said meekly. Rolling my eyes, I put the pack of cards back. I climbed onto my bed and sat opposite him.

"Do you know we only met thrice and we're already playing such sensitive games?" I asked casually while shifting to a more comfortable position.

"That shows how much chemistry we have!" he laughed childishly. Both of us are of the same age, but why do I seem to be like a mother here? But still, it was amazing how fast I could get comfortable with him.

Taemin grabbed an empty bottle of coke that I didn't bother to throw last night and put it in between of us. He spun the bottle, and both of our eyes followed it closely.

"Haha, it's you!" he did a celebratory cheer by waving his hands up in the air. "Truth or dare?"

He was a still a stranger after all, I was not ready to open up to him just yet. I sighed and squeaked out a "dare," afraid of what outrageous idea he could come up with.

"I dare you to make out with a pretend guy in front of you." he smirked.

My eyes grew wide, who knew such an innocent looking guy could think up of something so stupid? And kissing air? How is that even possible? I glared at him, telling him to change his decision or else.

"Nope, it's set. Do it." he bounced around in his position, clearly excited for what I was going to do.

Since I was being a good sport, I decided to do it. I took a deep breath and held up my arms to look as if I was hugging someone. I heard Taemin's high-pitched laughter again and felt my cheeks getting hotter. I gulped, and open my mouth.

"You're supposed to close your eyes!" he pointed at me while clutching on his stomach, laughing. I didn't expect him to know so much about kissing though.

I let my eyelids drop. My arms were getting tired so I continued. in another deep breath, I let my tongue stick out in the air and waggle around. I was feeling so stupid then, why did I even agree to such a stupid dare? My tongue was just there moving as if I was trying to something in front of me.

Suddenly, I heard moans from Taemin and I immediately opened my eyes. He moaned in between giggles, claiming that he was just trying to make it more realistic. I couldn't stand it any longer and I let my arms drop while wetting my tongue in my mouth from the dryness.

"Okay stop." I just made a fool out of myself while he continued laughing. Was it that funny that he was not even laughing without any sound? I grabbed the bottle on the bed quickly and began spinning it.

If this bottle isn't going to point at Taemin, it has to prepare to die.

I glared at the spinning bottle, trying to use some telepathy to make it spin at his direction. Then it slowed down. Slower and slower, it finally stopped and rested on the bed innocently.

While pointing at me.

I let out a shrill while flaring my nose.  This world was just unfair? Oh God, didn't you see me doing such a ridiculous dare just now? Suddenly, I thought of my death again and remained quiet. I sighed at mentally apologised to Him.

"Whoa relax, it's only a game! Truth or Dare?" he finally recovered from his laughter which somewhat seemed like asthma attacks.

"Truth." I said. Obviously I had learnt my lesson earlier.

After a few seconds of him pondering, he finally asked, "Do you like me?"

Without hesitation, I replied, "No, I hate you, you just made me make out with air, how you expect me to like you?" I crossed my arms.

"Fine fine, I'm sorry about that! But literally, do you like me?" he asked seriously.

"Well yeah, you're fun to be around. So why not?" I answered casually.

He smiled and we continued on with the game for a couple of more rounds.

 

Yay I'm back! xD It's finally the holidays for us here in Singapore, so yipee! I'll update more, so don't worry about me neglecting the story. And whoa, 100+ subscribers already! Thanks so much! <3 Do continue to comment and read yeah? :D I'm sorry if this chapter was rather lame, it's just one of those gap fillers. Next chapter will be much more interesting. xD Oh yes, this isn't proof read, I have to bathe now so yeah, tell me if there are any mistakes!