I'm Not Older Than You!

3 Things To Do Before I Die

I walked back home, feeling unhappy. When I was about to cross over to the next street to my house, I decided to visit Jinyoung, who lived not far from where I was.

Ringing the bell, I waited for her to open the door. I desperately needed someone to listen to my rants.  

"Jinyoung! Let me in quick!" I exclaimed when I saw her face. She quickly unlocked the gate and allowed me to enter the house. As usual, it was completely empty, her parents were always busy at work. I headed towards her bedroom as fast as I could.

"So," I took a deep breath, "today I went to find a job. And they rejected me because I didn't make an appointment with them earlier. Then Jonghyun went bumped into me without apologising sincerely. Could my day get any worse?" I spoke everything in one breath.

"Jonghyun? Kim Jonghyun? The Jonghyun from SHINee?" she asked me with her eyes wide opened.

I nodded.

"Oh my gosh. You must be the luckiest person in the world to even touch him! Ahhh I'm so jealous!" she started hyperventilating and her laptop. I simply rolled my eyes, but at the same time getting entertained by her dramatic actions.

"Did you get his autograph?" she suddenly asked me. I shook my head. Why would I get his autograph for bumping into me and not apologising properly?

"Min Jung ah Min Jung," she sounded disappointed. She always called me by my Korean name whenever she was sad.

"Fine, I'm sorry. It's just that under those circumstances, it was inappropriate!" I replied. Curious of what she was doing with her laptop, I walked behind her to peek at her screen.

"This, is the Bling Bling Jonghyun." she presented proudly to me. I was shocked at the number of photos she actually saved on her laptop for him. I guessed some fan girls were just that obsessed. My eyes followed each photo as Jinyoung scrolled down slowly.

I had to admit, he was rather good looking in those photos. Too bad though, his personality .

I suddenly remembered my purpose of coming here and turned my attention back to the topic.

"I need your phone. I'm going to call the companies." I said as I took out the crumpled newspaper from my bag. I sighed heavily and looked at all the advertisements. They were either looking for experienced people or requiring physical effort, which I lacked at.

"Given your brains, it shouldn't be that hard right?" she said, full of potato chips in she had opened earlier.

I let out another heavy sigh. Sitting crossed legged on the bed, I looked at each of the advertisements in detail, in case I missed out something.

"Why are you suddenly looking for a job anyway?" she asked again, in between her loud munches.

"Er, I can't simply rot at home and do nothing right? At least your parents have enough money to feed you," I made up an excuse. It was partially correct though, I could not tell her about the whole God incident or she would die. I definitely did not want that to happen to her.

"You know what? You're so smart, you should just set up a tuition service!" she casually suggested.

Oh yes, why didn't I even think of that? I grinned and smiled at Jinyoung. Luckily I had decided to come to her house. Being too familiar with her whole room, I reached out for the pieces of paper in her drawer and started planning for my business.

"I can help you with online advertising!" Upon saying that, she immediately turned to face her laptop. I was sure lucky to have such a reliable friend. I switched my attention back to the piece of paper again and thought hard.

How much should I charge? Where should we advertise? What are the resources needed?

After planning out everything, I let out a satisfied sigh and stretched my back.

"I'm done!" I said, stretching my arms this time. I went over to look at her laptop again, and wow, I must say, the banner that she had made was really good. I patted her shoulder to show my approval.

"It'll be expensive printing this as flyers though," I suddenly thought of the small budget.

"It's okay, I'll deal with the money matter! I'm sure my parents would support you too!" I smiled again. She was the most awesome friend that anyone could ask for.

"They day after the next, we'll pass out fliers at the nearby university okay?" I said while preparing to leave her house. I kept everything into my bag, and headed home.

 

The day after the next

Under the hot weather, Jinyoung and I worked hard to pass out the flyers. Many of them had thrown it away without taking a second look, which made me really agitated.

"It's so hot! Can we come back tomorrow?" she complained.

"Endure it for my sake, please?" I offered her my water bottle, and she emptied it within five seconds. Suddenly, a red haired student approached me with our flyer on his hand.

"Noona? You're offering tuition classes? Register my name please!" Did he just call me noona? Just because I jumped levels does not mean that I'm older than him! I bet that he was the same age as me, or maybe older. Before I was about to argue with him, Jinyoung stopped me.

"Oh, oh my gosh, aren't you Lee Taemin of SHINee? She'll gladly tutor you!" she went on explaining to him the details of the course and took down his contact number. I never said I was willing to tutor such a disrespectful student like him! I guess just because he was an idol Jinyoung perked up again.

"This Saturday, 2pm, at the Starbucks cafe down the road neh?" I heard Jinyoung concluding her conversation happily with him before coming back to talk to me.

"Look, I know you are angry about him calling you noona, but you want to earn money right?" she advised me. I guessed she was right, and I nodded reluctantly. I just hoped everything would run smoothly. I wanted to die with no regrets.

 

A/N: Okay really awkward ending for this chapter. But ta-da! Another character introduced! (: Thank you to everyone who have subscribed to this story, and I really appreciate those wonderful comments you all have left. Do continue to support this growing story! ^^