First Session

3 Things To Do Before I Die

Today was the day, first session of my business. I grabbed some of my past textbooks that I didn't bear to throw away, and headed off to the appointed venue. The overall response was rather good, with the help of the online advertising by Jinyoung. I was going to be really busy, but I had no choice, I was going to die soon.

I reached the cafe, and surprisingly, Taemin was already at the entrance waiting for me.

"Let's go to your house. It's too crowded here." he said. Oh yes, he was an idol after all.

I was rather reluctant at first, how could I let a stranger enter my house? However, I thought about my money again. I was desperate, and led him to my house.

 

"My house is rather small and messy," I said while locking the door behind me.

"It's okay! Looks cozy. So where are you going to tutor me?" he asked cheerfully.

Directing him to my room, I took out all my books, then frowned at him. He didn't even bother bringing anything. Was he even serious about this?

"Where are your books? How would I know what subjects you need help with?" I asked.

"Ahh, I forgot. Teach my your best subject noona!" he let out a fake laugh.

"First thing first, I'm not your noona. I'm 18 too, same as you. In fact my birthday is later than yours, so stop calling me noona." I warned him.

"Oh, I'm really sorry n-, what should I call you then?" Taemin asked with an apologetic tone.

"Ashlyn." I replied coldly, being irritated that we were still not starting.

"Okay then! Let's start now shall we?" he chirped and sat up straight.

 

After thirty minutes of lecturing him about Math, my patience was drawing near to its limit. I heard myself breathing heavily, trying to control myself.

"I already told you the formula for volume of sphere just now!" I really tried not to scream, but judging from his terrified expression, I think I just did.

"I'm really sorry! My Math , that's why I'm here! And, I just can't pay attention!" he tried to say innocently, as if I was the devil here.

"Why can't you pay attention then?" I folded my arms. I'd love what he had to say.

"Because."

"Because what?"

"You don't need to know!"

"Tell me."

"Aish, because I was staring at your eyes!" he suddenly shouted and buried his face in his arms.

I felt my face reddening already, and stared at him blankly. Was that meant to be a compliment? Wow, so it was my fault that my eyes where there to distract him? I took in a deep breath to calm myself down.

"You know what? I'm just not born for Math. I sing, I dance, not calculate!" he screamed like a spoiled child. He was starting to creep me out.

"So what to do want to do then?" I managed to squeak after my shock.

"Just listen to me." his attitude changed hundred and eighty degrees from loud to solemn. I nodded.

 

From there, he went on babbling about the disadvantages of going to school for idols, and he did not like being the maknae of SHINee. He could talk all the way from banana milk to his latest album. I looked at my clock across the room, it was almost two hours already.

"Do you know Jonghyun?" he suddenly said.

"Um yeah." I was all perked up and felt my heart racing faster. I was reminded of the incident that happened at the cafe.

"Do you know even though everyone says he is the most playful in the band, he's the kindest. He has a soft spot for animals too! I just hope that everyone will stop judging him and see his virtue behind those eyes." I heard him sigh.

I simply nodded, pretending that I didn't care. In my mind, my thoughts were running. Maybe I should just forgive him from the previous incident. After hearing about Jonghyun from Taemin, my impression of him started to change. Maybe he wasn't that bad after all.

"Once hyung woke up late and dashed out of the house in his boxers! Luckily I saw it and I told him." he was already laughing his stomach off.

I tried imagining that scenario, and it was really hilarious. With Taemin's high pitched laughter, it made me want to laugh too. In no time, I was clutching my stomach while laughing my lungs out. Who knew Jonghyun was so silly?

After laughing, both of us panted, and finally calmed down from the craziness that happened. I hadn't have such a good laugh for a long while.

"You look really cute when you laugh." he said, panting at the same time.

I felt my face turn warm again. This guy really knew how to make me embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I've wasted your time here, I barely taught you anything." I replied.

"It's okay!" He grabbed his wallet from his back pocket and held two fifty dollar notes.

"This is for being my listening ear. I hope that I can come here next week too!" he grinned. Well it was money, I could not just reject it right? I nodded in agreement.  I felt satisfied.

 

Taemin's POV

I think I'm going to die at her aegyo.

 

A/N: How's the chapter? :D

The above photo is dedicated to yiling245 and to anyone else out there feeling depressed! Think about rainbows eheheh.