Chapter 1

The Wolf, the Vampire and the Demon

Mi Sun's P.O.V:

You might think it's strange living with a wolf pack, but I find it liberating. I've been living with the Exo-K wolf pack for nearly 3 months and I've never felt more alive. Why have I been living with a wolf pack? My boyfriend is one of them. Cliche I know. But this isn't another one of those typical twilight love stories.

I heard an ear-piercing howl and became alert. That was Kai. The other pack members ran past my little cabin in the middle of the woods besides Chanyeol who burst through the door with colossal force, the door literally tearing from its hinges and crashing to the floor.

"I guess we'll have to fix that later, but we don't have time right now" Chanyeol told me, a look of panic on his face.

"What's going on? Is everyone okay?" 

"The vampire clan are here, they've come to fight us again" Chanyeol answered my question. "Stay with me, I'm going to protect you". 

Chanyeol morphed into a wolf right there in front of me. As he transformed I could hear his bones cracking and they changed in to the skeleton of a wolf, he howled and his incredibly sharp canines came sprouting out from his deep pink gums. His fur is a lovely deep brown, just like chocolate, with strands of black placed in randomly.

"Climb on" he growled at me.

I hoisted myself up onto Chanyeol's back, and balled my fists over his soft fur as he went shooting off so I wouldn't fall. We went speeding through the woods together, his fur ruffling elegantly in the heavy wind whereas my mop of hair was just flying all over the shot. Why were werewolves always so attractive?

We stopped behind a giant tree just outside of the fight. I peered around the side of the tree, breathing tediously. I what I saw before me was like a bloodbath. There were wolf bodies laying on the floor, but thankfully none that I recognised. Another pack must have come to help out. However there was not a dead vampire in sight, yet there was only 6 of them. They were eradicating the wolves, one by one. One wolf came flying at the tree I was hiding behind, making the ground beneath my feet tremble. The wolf struggled to stand itself up, the ran back into the fight again. 

The vampires didn't just act evil, they looked it. I couldn't see them properly as it was pretty much pitch black out there. All I could see was that they all had the same menacing look on their blurred faces, and were wearing black from head to toe.

"What do you want?" I heard Kai ask one of the vampires, I couldn't make out his face.

"I want the girl" the bloodsucker replied.

"What girl?" Kai asked, tormenting the creature.

"You know what I'm talking about Kai, don't give me any of that " the vampire seemed to be getting increasingly angry and I was growing worried for Kai. "I can smell her, what a beautiful scent she has, Kai. You did well. I could just eat her up" he flashed his fangs maliciously at Kai, making him jump. "Where are you hiding my beautiful? Come with us, we won't hurt you".

"I don't know what you're talking about, there is no girl"

"Are you denying my vampire instincts Kai? Because we both know that could get you killed. Now, tell me where the girl is, or I kill you and all your little puppy pals, understand?"

I could feel the anger boiling up inside me, rising all the way to my forehead, making beads of sweat appear. I've never felt so angry in my entire life. I can't even describe my hatred for that mysterious vampire boy. 

"Stay still, he's catching onto your scent" Chanyeol warned me. If I'm honest I didn't even know he was still behind me, I was too busy watching the fight unfold.

"Chanyeol I have to do something, I need to help Kai" I tried to run out there and do something, but I was stopped by Chanyeol roughly tugging on my wrist and yanking me back behind the tree. "Let go" I shouted at him.

"No, Mi Sun, you need to stay here. They will take you away if you don't, they'll kill you".

"I don't care" I yelled at him and pulled as hard away from grip several times before he lost his hold on me and I sprinted out between Kai and the evil monster.

"I'm here, what do you want?"

"No, Mi Sun!" Kai ran towards me but was held back by two rather tall vampires who hissed threateningly at him.

"I'm glad you decided to show up, my boss said I could have you as a reward, so fortunately for you, you're coming with me" he pulled on my arm and signalled for the other members of the vampire clan to follow him out of the woods. 

The boy forced me onto his back and shot through the woods out onto the road. The concrete ground became an obscure blur of grey as we ran at vamp speed down the highway. It seemed like forever when we arrived at our destination probably because I was petrified. They could probably smell my fear and that made me nervous.

I was tugged harshly down a pathway and into an old abandoned warehouse. The warehouse was grimy inside, the walls discoloured with the dark red of blood. The room smelt like the inside of a rotting body, and there was barely any furniture. Just a dingy sofa and what looked like a cage off to the side of the room. The cage had chains hanging from the wall, and it became very clear where I would be staying. 

"Get in the cage" one of them ordered.

"No" I was standing my ground, but I knew that wouldn't end well for me. 

"I said get in the cage!" the same boy hissed at me, his fangs now flashing at me, the white of them shimmering in the dim light coming from the one lamp set down by the manky sofa. 

The boy grabbed a fistfull of my hair and brutally dragged me across the disheveled room and into the cage. My head was pounding, my hairline sore. The boy raised my arms and chained me to the wall so I couldn't escape. The boy leant right up close to my face, his cold breath against my cheek.

"That's better" he whispered harshly, the icy breath making me shiver. He moved towards me, and kissed my cheek. I tried to pull away but it only made him angry and he tugged me cheek back towards him, regaining contact. He removed his lips from my face and stood up.

"Good night, sweetheart" the vampire boy walked out of the small cage and looked the metal door behind him, the door making a creak as it closed and the lock making a clanging sound as it shut. The vampires all walked out of the room after turning out the dull lamp, leaving Mi Sun chained alone in the pitch black warehouse.