Chapter 22

False Identity

Inside Charmaine's apartment, Raymond sat on the sofa watching TV. Charmaine was in the kitchen preparing some light snacks while they waited for Sharon and Bosco to return. They never went back to Joe's house. Instead Raymond called Bosco and told him to give the message to Joe. Bosco was upset to have to face Joe alone but he understood why Raymond didn't want to return.

Charmaine placed a plate of fruits and another plate of crackers and cheese in front of Raymond.

"This is dinner?" Raymond teased as he popped a grape into his mouth.

Charmaine sat down next to him and elbowed him in the rib. "What did you expect? I don't know how to cook." She turned to him and sweetly teased, "Do you still want to be with me?"

Raymond chuckled and kissed her. "You bet. You're stuck with me from now on!"

He grabbed the plate of fruits with one hand and with the other pulled her down onto his lap. They fed each other the fruits with kisses in between.

An hour later Bosco and Sharon returned.

"So what happened with Joe?" Raymond asked as Bosco helped himself to the plate of fruits.

After chewing and swallowing a piece of watermelon Bosco said, "Nothing much. When I told him that you and Charmaine left, he didn't say anything. He just sat there. Then he started asking how my relationship with Sharon was going."

Sharon also took a piece of fruit and turned to Charmaine. "He kept asking all these questions about you."

"Me? Whatever for?" Charmaine turned a questioning look at Raymond. Raymond shrugged not having an answer.

Bosco looked at Raymond, "It was very odd. He wanted to know how serious your relationship was."

Raymond thought for a moment, "The only answer I could come up with is that he knows our true identities."

Bosco eyed Charmaine then Sharon and took Sharon's hand into his, "I told Sharon everything."

Raymond also took Charmaine's hand, "Charmaine also knows."

The four of them smiled confidently at each other.