Chapter 18

False Identity

Raymond and Bosco saw the men running towards their table and quickly got up from their seats. They pulled the women behind them and faced the approaching men.

Raymond stood ready, fists poised to strike. "What's the matter?" He asked the man who seem to be the leader of the group.

"You Raymond Lam?" he asked without flinching from Raymond's stare.

Raymond turned to Bosco. Bosco shrugged his shoulders not knowing who or what these men want. "Yes. What do you want?"

The leader of the group sneered, "We want you dead!"

The men charged at Raymond and Bosco. Raymond and Bosco were good fighters. They didn't join the police academy for nothing. Although they were outnumbered, they gave out as much as they got. Fists and kicks were flying everywhere. Charmaine and Sharon were scared motionless.

Charmaine saw one man aiming at Raymond's head with a raised fist from behind and quickly grabbed a chair. She brought the chair down hard on the unsuspected man's back. The blow only made him lose his balance. Suddenly the man got up and grabbed Charmaine by the hair pulling her. She screamed in pain.

Raymond heard Charmaine scream and looked over. What he saw made him furious. He pushed the men aside and made his way towards her. He punched the man who still had his hand in her hair. He let go and Charmaine collapsed onto the floor. Raymond was about to tend to Charmaine but another man shoved him with a kick that sent him face down onto the floor.

"Raymond!" Charmaine screamed, scared to the point of tears.

Just then all the fighting stopped. The men stepped aside as a new figure walked towards them.

Joe Ma stood in the center of the room viewing the scene before him, "What's going on?"
===========================================================
The attackers turned to Joe as the leader walked up to him.

"Your fellow Raymond here is having an affair with my wife. I'm here to show him what he gets for making a fool of me."

Joe faced the leader. "How do you know that its Raymond? From what I hear, the man your wife is cheating with is one of your own men."

The leader scoffed, "My men are loyal to me. They wouldn't do that. However my man Keith told me that he saw Raymond with my wife."

"Where is Keith now?" Joe asked.

The leader searched his men for an answer but not getting any response.

Joe walked up to the leader. "Keith isn't here because he is now cuddling your wife in your bed. And the only reason Keith framed Raymond is because he holds a grudge against Raymond. That's the truth. If you don't believe me then go home now and see for yourself."

The leader looked sheepishly at Joe and Raymond then left hurriedly.

Joe stopped him, "Next time please gather your facts together first before making assumptions. Raymond is my prized right hand man. He would never do anything to disgrace our association."

When the men were gone Joe went to Raymond and Bosco. "How are you guys holding up? Should I call a doctor?"

"No need," Raymond said as he got up wincing with every movement that he made. He walked to Charmaine, who still sat on the floor, staring at him without emotion.

"Association?" she muttered to no one in particular.

Raymond avoided her eyes and tried to help her up. She refused his help and slowly got up herself.

Joe turned to face the four, "I want the four of you back at my house to discuss this." When he was at the exit, he turned back and ordered, "I'll see you guys there within an hour."