Cousins?

Self-centered Jerk

Author POV

Jessica walked out of the bathroom feeling a bit bashful with her cheeks slightly pink, soon followed by Jonghyun who was deep in thought. Jessica was trying her best to distract herself from replaying the recent events, which Jonghyun was glad to think about. Taemin was still passed out near the couch, which worried them. 

"Taemin! Wakey wakey, breakfast ready!!! Come on, get up!" Jessica said, shaking him lightly while Jonghyun snickered at the look on Taemin's face.

"Ngh, Yoona....." Taemin mumbled in his sleep.

"Yoona? Who the heck is that?" Jonghyun asked.

"Ah, I see now. He's having a dream of his crush, and my best friend." Jessica stood up and walked to the fridge grabbing a carton of banana milk. She shook the carton in Taemin's face waking him up. 

"I'm awake!!!!" He exclaimed, jumping up. He grabbed the milk from his noona who jumped back in surprise. 

"Glad to see your back from the dead. Now, let's eat breakfast. Taemin, where's Onew? If your here, you should invite him over here. We could all eat together and I can introduce him to Mr. Dino here, who I'm guessing you've already met." Jessica started setting the table for four. 

"Aye, sir!!" Taemin said running out the door. That kid confused Jonghyun during the time he's known Taemin. Jonghyun turned around and watched the ice princess set the table. Jessica, unaware of being watched, thought about Yoona and Taemin's relationship. She knew Taemin cared deeply for Yoona, but she also knew that Yoona was completely oblivious to her feelings for Taemin. Yoona, too innocent for her own good. Jessica sighed deeply while thinking about how she can help Yoona realize her feelings. 

Jessica lost in her thoughts, failed to notice that Onew and Taemin came in. Taemin sat down in his seat at the dinner table as Jonghyun joined him, eyeing Onew who approached Jessica, who still standing, and flicked her forehead, disturbing her from her thoughts. She looked up to see Onew, and smiled sweetly towards him.

"Oh, hey Onew! Welcome, let's eat!" Jessica said sitting down with Onew sitting next to her, both of them sitting across from Jonghyun and Taemin. Jonghyun felt a pained a little bit from how Jessica treated Onew different from himself, but he soon dismissed the feeling mistaking it from him being hungry instead of being jealous. 

Onew dug into his fair share of bacon and eggs without hesitating, as for the rest, Taemin joined him and Jonghyun and Jessica sweat dropped at the sight. They glanced at each other, locking eyes  for a moment before Jessica awkwardly broke eye contact and started eating. Jonghyun started to eat while occasionally stealing glances from Jessica time to time. 

"Delicious food, Sica. Too bad this the only edible food you can make," Onew teased with a smirk on his face. Jessica pouted at him, while Onew chuckled. Jonghyun stared at them feeling jealous. Onew seemed to notice him and stared right back at him. "Who's this?" 

Jessica looked at where Onew was looking and laughed inwardly at herself. "Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce you to Mr. Dino over there. Onew, this is Jonhyun, and Jonghyun, this is Onew. Introduce yourself to each other." Jessica went back to eating while the introduction started. 

"Hi! I'm Lee Jinki! Taemin's older brother! I'm 21, a few months older than Jessica. Taemin told me a bit about you when he picked me up, but I didn't believe him. Nice to meet you." Onew gave him a cheeky grin and held his hand out. 

Jonghyun grasped Onew's hand and returned the gesture. "I'm Kim Jonghyun, the same age as you and yeah." They shook hands and told each other about themselves. Jonghyun told him the same thing he told Taemin and Onew reacted the same. They carried a light conversation as the four of them ate. They were getting closer by the minute. The four of them socialized without realizing how much time was passing by. 

"-and he was like, 'do you like guacamole?' And I said-" Jessica glanced down at her watch while Onew carried on with his story while the boys attention was all focused on him. 9:23 the clock read. Her eyes widened a she realized the time. They had to leave soon if they wanted to make it on time to school. She let out a yelp as she ran to her room getting her stuff ready. The three boys look confused and exchanged glances. 

Taemin looked at the clock on the wall and realized why Jessica ran off. "Oh, we have to leave for school soon. Hyung, did you remember to bring our bags over here?" Taemin asked. 

"Yeah, they're near the door. Jonghyun, are you coming with us?" Onew asked. 

"Supposedly. Do I need to bring anything?" 

"No, I think you'll be fine. Sica probably has enough pencils and paper to share with you," Onew chuckled. Suddenly, Jonghyun was filled with curiosity as Onew said his nickname for Jessica. He glanced the way Jessica ran.

"What's your relationship with the ice princess?" Jonghyun blurted out. He realized what he said and looked down bashfully.

"Ahh, we're really close friends. I've known her and her sister ever since they moved here. Why?" Onew questioned. Soon, a smirk crawled its way up to his face as he stared at the bashful college student in front of him. "Ooh! Did someone feel a little jealous?" Onew teased. 

Jonghyun turned a slight pink as Taemin didn't know what was going on. "What are you talking about? I just wanted to know why someone as cool as you would hang out with such a poop," Jonghyun said looking away. Taemin realized what was going on and started to tease Jonghyun also.

"Your jealous!" Taemin said. 

"Am not!" Jonghyun protested. 

"Your jealous!" 

"Am not!" 

"Your Jealous!" 

"Am not!" 

"Your jealous!" 

"I said I'm not jealous!" Jonghyun said standing up.

"Who's not jealous?" A new voice said. They all turned around and saw Jessica standing in the door way holding her backpack. "Ready?"

"Yeah. Let's go guys," Onew dragged Taemin into the living room and handed his little brother his light bag. He grunted in process as he tried slinging his bag over his shoulder. 

Jessica noticed he was struggling and looked at him with and raised an eyebrow. "Having trouble?"

"Huh? Yeah. I have a project in there that I have to present today."  They all walked out as Jessica locked the apartment and headed towards the garage. Jonghyun didn't know where they were going and trailed behind like a lost puppy.

Taemin looked back at him and said, "Wow hyung, you remind of a lost puppy! How cute!"

Jessica glanced back at the two and sighed, "Do you even know where we're going?"

"Uh, yeah! Of course! School, right?" Jonghyun scratched the back of his head awkwardly. Onew turned around and started walking backwards, watching the two. 

"Wow! Your not so stupid after all!" Jessica exclaimed. She smirked at Jonghyun who scowled at her. She winked at him making him feel funny. 

"I think I caught your stupidity," Jonghyun remarked. She gave him a quizzical look and the the other two boys stared at him. Everybody's attention made him shift uncomfortably trying to make them stop looking at him, he failed as there gaze never faltered one bit.  

Suddenly, Onew stopped walking, making all of them stop. "Jessica is very smart, just to let you know. She isn't really stupid at all. She's actually the top of the class. Sure she has her 'duh' moments, but she's not stupid." 

"Yeah noona's really smart," Taemin said. He earned a pat on his head and a side hug from Jessica. They smiled happily at each other. They all turned around and started walking again. Jonghyun caught up with Jessica and stared at her. She grew uncomfortable under his gaze and walked a little faster. They finally made it to a car which Jessica unlocked. She immediately went into the drivers seat as Onew sat in the passenger's seat. Taemin sat at the back behind Onew and they opened the windows to breathe in the nice end of spring air.

Jonghyun still stood outside staring at the car not know what to do. Jessica glanced at him and motioned for him to come inside and sit behind her. He stared at her for a while, and opened the back door. After Jonghyun buckled his seatbelt, they started off to Seoul University. 

"So, what are you going to do, Jonghyun? Are you joining classes with Jessica?"  Onew asked. 

 Jonghyun who was looking out the window next to him, looked at Onew, "I'm guessing so. I can't immediately pick a major right now. Am I even enrolled now?" Jonghyun looked at Jessica this time.

Jessica's eyes widened and she gave let out a nervous laugh. "Since you just came here yesterday, I didn't even think a registering you... do you think your dad did it for you?"

Jonghyun pondered this for a while before answering, "I guess so. My dad thinks things through before time. Wait, does he even know what school you're going to?"

"If he thinks things through before time, then how why you drop in so suddenly yesterday? I was barely prepared. They didn't let me know ahead of time. Did you even see it coming? Anyway, he should know if they did a background check on me to see off I'm eligible to keep the son of a famous company." Jessica answered.

"Well, that's different. I'll admit, I didn't see any of that coming. He probably would have let the both of us know ahead of time, so I guess it was a last minute thing. And, let's just hope for the best when we get there." 

"Okay," Jessica said quietly. 

They all sat in a comfortable silence for a while for the rest of the time, until Jonghyun heard a faint humming sound. He looked up at the female in front of him and realized it was her her humming. He listened to her hum, trying to recognize the song. He realized the song as Mr. Mr. Judging from her voice, he thought she must've sang good. He tried to figure out who the the people who sang the song. Now what were there names? Was it a band? These questions were playing in his head as he stared blankly out the window. He didn't even notice that they were stopping at the school.

Everybody started gathering their stuff and Jonghyun was still spacing out. Jessica tried getting his attention but failed. She looked down and saw an innocent water bottle just laying there, then an idea hatched in her brain. She grabbed the water bottle, and chucked it with all her might towards his stomach. It hit him in his stomach the fell in hit his crotch. Hard. 

Jessica didn't mean for the second part to happen, and she sunk down into her seat. Onew and Taemin watched the whole thing and were laughing there heads off as Jonghyun groaned in pain. Jonghyun looked up and saw the two brothers laughing. Immediately, he glared at them making them stop. A deadly aura was radiating off of him.

"Who did it?" Jonghyun asked, his voice low. The two exchanged glances and said started babbling, "It wasn't us, I promise!!! Seriously!"

Jonghyun looked at the quiet female in front of him and asked her the same question. She opened , but no words came out, for she was scared. 

"Sica noona did it!" Taemin blurted.

"Yeah she did! Sorry Sica," Onew apologized. Jessica shot both of them a deadly glare, making Jonghyun think the two boys did it. He glared at the already frozen dudes next to him, making them look at him. 

"We're serious!!! It was noona!!!!" Taemin whimpered. They all ran out the car chasing each other. Jessica saw this as a good escape time and ran all the the way to the campus hiding from them. She bumped into a petite figure and  bowed while apologizing, not even looking at who she bumped into. 

"Yah, Sica! Why are you running?" A familiar voice asked. Jessica looked up from her bowing position and realized it was her one of her best friends.

"Taeyeon!!!! You've gotta help me!" Jessica exclaimed grasping the petite girl's shoulders shaking her wildly. The so called petite woman named Taeyeon, got a hold of Jessica's shoulders making Jessica stop shaking her.

"Woah there, Jessica. That's no way to treat Tae." They looked behind them, and we Onew panting. Taemin can in out of breath and sat on the floor. Taeyeon smiled at Onew and greeted him.

Jonghyun came in and saw Taeyeon. "Taeyeon?" Jonghyun asked.

Taeyeon's eyes widened, "Jonghyun?"

Onew looked between them and asked, "How do you guys know each other?"

"We're cousins," a voice said behind them. They turned around and saw the diva they all knew.


Hey Guise!!!! How are you doing? Did you like this chapter? I'm trying to update this story as much as possible, but have no fear! Summer break is almost here and I will be able to update more frequently! Any who, thank you for being awesome subscribers, and thank you to my new subscribers. Have a nice day! I LOVE CHICKEN!