They would not listen, they’re not listening still.

Perhaps.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- For they could not love you. -

 

Luhan had tried again somehow, to tell his mother of everything, to tell to anyone else about all that he is in hope that maybe just maybe they will listen. But all ended up in futile as he was rejected and Minseok was left with yet again a broken man that can’t be fixed no matter how hard he tried.

“I’m tired.” Luhan said as he was being cradled by the auburn boy.

“Then just relax.” And so he did. Minseok can feel Luhan’s body relax and his breathing came off softer.

“Maybe there’s an alternate universe, a world that’s much like our own but is more beautiful.”

“That sounds nice.”

“Because it is.” Luhan sighed as he played with Minseok’s fingers, intertwining them with his. “A world where nothing is broken.”

Minseok nodded. “A world where there’s no bieber.” He said jokingly and earned a soft smack to the chest.

Luhan laughed. “Yeah, a world where he was never born and good music and art roam free. A world where there’s nothing broken, a softer world.”

Minseok looked at Luhan as the other’s eyes was yet again filled with hope, yet this time he noticed a tinge of sadness. Those eyes reminded him so much of someone who wanted to give up, yet still have so much to fight for. Someone who had lost the will to fight.

“People wouldn’t yell at each other when they fight, instead they’ll listen and resolve. There wouldn't be wars and no one has to get hurt, no one has to suffer, no one has to cry unless it was because of cutting shallots.”

He could hear Luhan crumbling and see the tears that were threatening to fall despite his efforts to sound merry and the joke that he cracked earlier.

“Nothing would hurt." He said. "and I could hug my mother, and she’ll love me back. She’ll love me unconditionally.” A tear escaped his eye. “I would like to believe that those worlds somehow existed.”

Minseok tightened his hug around the crying boy, trying so hard to hold him together.

“You and me both, Lu.” You and me both.

 

- But still your love was true. -

 

Never had Minseok witnessed such an understanding and endurement, never had he seen such longing and love that is so pure it’s downright illegal. In all of those wrongs that the world has done to him, all the menacing words that he received from his mother, Luhan chose to stay and he can still smile and hug her.

In all of his mother’s wrongdoings he would still    leave post it notes of sweet nothings to her, make her happy, and say “I love you” back with all of what’s left of his broken heart.

Minseok felt so small, his love was so pure that he never asked more in return just to be loved back and is willing to give anything to earn it. It was a love so pure, it’s criminal.

He knews that she loves Luhan as well, but her love had a sense of demand as if she just wants him to do whatever she wants him to because that’s what she had in mind of love; Luhan obeying her to do what she bids him to. Sure, she did it because she wanted him to have a stable life and is able to pay for himself. But what good does crying in a lamborghini do? Things are just things, you can’t receive consolement from a piece of paper with colors and numbers.

“Luhan, what kind of chocolate does your mother like?” Minseok had asked out randomly.

Luhan sat back to his chair and looked as if he was lost in thought for a moment before he answers. “Those chocolates from San Francisco, Ghirardellis. Especially the dark ones with mint fillings” He answered with a smile. “She likes to eat them with tea since she believes they can make her lose weight and be healthier.”

Luhan remembers the little things about his mother, not just the chocolate but how she likes to eat them with, and when he asked the same thing about Luhan to his mother he only got a shrug.

“I don’t know darling.” She said to Minseok. “He likes those blueberries ones.”

And her answer was so heart breaking, because Luhan's allergic and she doesn't even know.

 

- And when no hope was left in sight. -

 

Luhan had completely disappeared from Minseok’s radar, like the fading ending of a song he started to gradually disappear.

There were no phone calls or messages, he had stopped coming to his house completely and whenever Minseok tried to go to his house, Luhan would always be out. He didn’t know why, he tried looking for him but still couldn’t find him anywhere. So he tried to call the one person that would never lose him, Luhan’s mother.

“Hello Mrs. Lu.” Minseok politely greeted and bowed through the phone as if she were to see him right now.

“Minseok darling!” She greeted back, ecstatic to hear him. “Honey I already told you to call me mother as well, hearing that title makes me feel like an old mistress.”

Minseok laughed, even though he never really liked Luhan’s mother and thought that she might as well be a homophobe, she had taken the relationship between Luhan and Minseok very well and even grow to love the auburn boy.

“Okay, mother.” He said awkwardly.

“Now that’s more like it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter