Before it all ended: Part 2

30 Days

What do I call you?

A friend

A friend who monopolized my thoughts

A friend who gives me occasional blushes

A friend who made me thirsty of love

A friend who set my heart on fire

 

To you I am a friend, just an invisible friend

As invisible as the air around you

A friend who stays afar

Nothing more nothing less

 

But you are caught my dear, in my imagined life

In the labyrinth of my love with layers of emotions

Your thoughts invade me with no borders untouched

And here I am happy being held as a captive

 

Should I quell the thirst of my love?

And let the lost romance revive?

And get that long sought kiss

And sweet surrender to you

 

Or should I bury my crush deep inside

Considering my love unrequited

And letting my dreams remain dreams

And hoping my mind would erase your memories imperceptibly


 

Thank god we made it this morning Namjoo sighed and look relieved. Or else Miss. Kim would have our head...again…
“Namjoo-ah!” Eunji yelled from down the hallway
“Eunji~” Namjoo smiled and waved to her best friend

“Yah. Have you see Naeun? She left right after the bell…”

“Naeun? No I haven’t...Maybe she’s in the washroom?”

“Nah. I checked there already.” Eunji puts on her thinking face

“Um...Maybe…”

“Namjoo! Eunji!” L.Joe called out to the two girls

“Yah! L.Joe! Did you see Naeun?” Eunji yelled as L.Joe slowly approached them.

“Naeun? Why all of the sudden?”

“Just tell me if you saw her or not!” Eunji said

“Um yea I did...she was with Changjo…” L.Joe looked at Namjoo and he noticed a disappointed look on her face but after a few second it disappeared again.

“Then...should we get some snack? I’m starving!” Namjoo asked the two

“Ok! Let’s go!” Eunji said and grabbed Namjoo by the arm, “Yah! L.Joe you come too!” She yelled from behind her. After having some space between the girls and L.Joe, Eunji patted Namjoo on the back. “You ok?” Namjoo nodded without saying anything, “Aigoo. It’s ok! Let’s get something to eat and it’ll be all good ok?” Namjoo smiled at her friend as she smiled back at her. When they reached the snack store, from far away they can see two very familiar silhouette. As they walked closer and closer they noticed it was Naeun and Changjo. Namjoo stopped her footstep and looked at their direction with a blank and still expression. “Um...maybe we should go somewhere else right?” Eunji said in a awkward tone. Just when Namjoo was about to reply, L.Joe appeared from behind and called out to the two.

“Yah! Choi Changjo!” Changjo focused his attention on their direction and as soon as he turned around, Namjoo turned away and faced the entrance. Changjo started making his way to his friends while leaving Naeun in the waiting line. “Yah! How could you leave me without telling me?” L.Joe teased Changjo.

“Yah shut up.” Changjo said and then smiled at his friend. He noticed Namjoo and tapped on her shoulder. “Yah, Kim Namjoo. What are you doing?” Ok...it’s ok Kim Namjoo...you can do this...you done it a milliooooon times already… Namjoo took a deep breath and turned around and looked at her childhood friend with a “isn’t it obvious” face.

“I was gonna leave you two alone ok? That’s why I turned around and was going to walk away until someone,” she glared at L.Joe, “decided to call out to you and made everything a mess.” Namjoo eyed Eunji asking her for help. Eunji caught her signal and quickly said,

“Yeah! We didn’t want to bother the lovebirds.” Eunji nudged Changjo and .

“Yah! Stop!” Changjo yelled as he back away from Eunji and hide behind Namjoo. Eunji laughed at Changjo’s childish ways and then she looked at Namjoo and gave her a “I’m sorry” look. Namjoo reply with a simple nod and turn back to face Changjo.

“Yah! Choi Changjo! How long are you going to make Naeun wait huh!? Get over there now!” Namjoo grabbed Changjo and pushed her toward where Naeun was standing.

“Ok ok I’m going!” Changjo said as he slowly walked away from the group. He suddenly turned around and yelled to Namjoo, “I’LL GET YOU SOME MELON BUN OK!?” Without listening to her reply, he took off on a jog toward Naeun who welcomeD him back with a stunning smile. Namjoo stared at Changjo as he and Naeun laughed together.

“I swear,” L.Joe suddenly disrupted, “I can never get in between the three of you.”

“That’s what you get for moving.” Eunji teased L.Joe

“Yah! It’s not my fault my parent told me to move here.” L.Joe said as he and Eunji argued on. Without noticing everything around her, a guy suddenly bumped into Namjoo which caused her to lose her balance and stumbled.

“Namjoo!” Eunji and L.Joe called out in unison. From afar, Changjo and Naeun finished buying their food and they saw what had happened. Changjo dropped his food and ran toward Namjoo.

“YAH! KIM NAMJOO!”