two.

What a Man Wants

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧


“Hey! Junmyeon, right? I’m your roommate, Yixing.”

 

Junmyeon stands in front of his new room, standing face-to-face with a smiling boy with a slight Chinese accent laced into his Korean. He waves at Junmyeon and Junmyeon notices his button-down shirt ed down the the 3rd notch.

 

“Yeah,” Junmyeon says with a smile. “It’s nice to meet you, Yixing.” He makes his way to his side of the room, where he lays down on his bed, exhausted from walking all day. But images of Jongdae flash in his mind, and Junmyeon nearly rips his hair out in frustration.

 

“Yixing,” Junmyeon tentatively asks.

 

“Hmm?” Yixing looks up from his desk.

 

“Do… Do you know a guy named Jongdae?”

 

“Do I know Jongdae?” Yixing asks. “Jongdae’s practically my brother,” and he laughs when Junmyeon sits up from his bed. “You wanna know about him?” He pauses when he sees a head nod. “Well… Jongdae’s not your typical student here. He’s not here ‘cause his parents have money.”

Junmyeon only raises his eyebrow in curiosity, prompting the other boy to continue.

 

“His family’s actually from the middle class. He’s in because he’s the smartest kid in this whole damn school,” and Yixing reveals a -eating grin that sits on his mouth. “He also happens to be my best friend. We’re kind of rebels, you see. We enjoy pulling pranks and having a little fun here. Why do you ask?”

 

“I just met him this morning,” Junmyeon automatically replies. “He gave me a tour around school. I was just wondering.”

 

Yixing eyes Junmyeon for a moment before releasing a small sigh. “If you say so. Speaking of, I take it you don’t have any friends yet?” Junmyeon stares at Yixing, appalled, and Yixing just lets out a rich laugh. “Sorry sorry, just an assumption. Anyways, I was gonna ask if you wanted to sit with us tomorrow? I’m sure it’d be a lot less awkward than looking for a place to sit.”

 

Junmyeon just gives Yixing a wide smile and accepts his humble offer, and internally, Junmyeon is jumping in joy at the chance to have another shot at Jongdae.

 

For some reason, his roommate’s best friend is intriguing. Something about the boy just lures Junmyeon to him, and he finds it so frustrating that the boy rejected his “advances” after the tour. He swears that he’ll get Jongdae wrapped around his finger one day.

--

In Junmyeon's opinion, morning comes way too early.

 

He drags himself out of bed and readies himself the way he does every morning, before making breakfast for himself and setting down a plate of eggs and bacon for Yixing as well.

 

“Good morning roommate!” He hears Yixing call from atop of the staircase.

 

“It’s Junmyeon. But good morning Yixing,” says Junmyeon, giving him a warm smile.

 

“Wow, the new kid has a warm heart,” Yixing teases, “I never thought you had it in ya.”

 

“Shut up and eat,” The other says as he laughs, finally feeling himself relax for the first time since his arrival at the academy. There’s something about Yixing that’s relatively soothing, despite his… casual appearance.

 

Yixing thinks it’s a good idea to start conversation with the flower boy while stuffing his face with eggs. “So Junmyeon,” he starts, chewing on a piece of bacon. “What kind of major are you taking? Classes?”

 

“Singing,” Junmyeon replies, spreading some jam on a piece of toast. “I’ve been working to become a singer, but I’m supposed to be taking business classes to my father’s request. How about you?”

 

“Me?” Yixing asks, grinning at Junmyeon’s sudden interest. “I’m a dancer. Modern pop dance mostly, but I dabble in basically anything that requires graceful coordination. But Jongdae’s a singing major too,” he adds. “He might even be in your lecture today, if you’re lucky.”

 

Junmyeon snorts, throwing on his school cardigan before opening the door to their dorm. “Lucky? I sure hope not,” he says before walking out. “See you at lunch Yixing!”

--

“No way,” Jongdae breathes out when he sees a new face in his singing lecture. “He had to be a singing major,” he whispers to himself before burying himself in his notes. He didn’t want to admit it, but Junmyeon had caught Jongdae off guard and Jongdae was beyond flustered. He was amazed at how he managed to pull off such a collected act the day before.

 

“Jongdae!” Said boy internally groans before turning and seeing none other than Junmyeon standing in front of him. “I heard you were a singing major, but I didn’t know you’d be in this class!” Junmyeon then thinks it’s a good idea to take a seat right next to him, but Jongdae only rolls his eyes.

 

“Heard? Heard from who?” Jongdae asks. He knew he was pretty well-known throughout campus grounds, but no one really talked about what he majored in. It was all mainly about what he does or where he’s from, all of that juicy gossip.

 

“Oh, Yixing is my roommate. He told me all about you,” Junmyeon teases. While it’s clear that Junmyeon was beyond excited to see Jongdae, Junmyeon still retained that egotistical aura that infuriated Jongdae.

 

“Yixing? You’re roommates with Yixing?” Jongdae repeats. Just great, he thinks to himself. Remind me to go kill Yixing next time I see him.

 

“Yeah, he’s a pretty chill guy,” Junmyeon says, before rambling on about his conversation with Yixing. The whole time Junmyeon is winking and waving at other girls who pass by (“They winked and waved first!” Junmyeon argues), and Jongdae finds himself feel more and more annoyed the more Junmyeon waves at girls. He knows he shouldn’t. Hell, he doesn’t even know why he feels this way, but Jongdae ignores it all when the professor walks in and the lecture starts.

 

Despite the fact that Jongdae enjoys fooling around in school, he still has to stay the top student if he wants to continue to take classes at SM Prep. Junmyeon notices Jongdae furiously taking down notes on music theory, and internally he wonders what Jongdae’s voice sounds like.

 

After class Junmyeon follows a peeved Jongdae to the lunchroom, where they’re immediately waved over by Yixing at a table.

“Hey Jongdae! And Junmyeon! Glad you could join us,” Yixing beams.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” Junmyeon laughs, before taking a seat next to Jongdae. “It it usually just you two at this table?”

“Yeah,” Yixing replies. “Sometimes Baekhyun and Yifan join us, but they’re usually too busy with student council stuff to join us.”

 

“Most kids here are just stuck-up airheads,” Jongdae adds, earning a snort from Yixing. “They’d rather not hang out with people like us.”

 

Junmyeon listens to their conversation, completely absorbed in the ranting of certain kids here that they don’t like. He finds himself surprised that there were so many different kinds of people, even the kinds that he thought only existed in the movies.

 

“And Oh Sehun,” says Yixing, and Jongdae lets out a strained groan.

“Oh, I’ve heard of him,” Junmyeon suddenly interjects, and the duo whip their heads in his direction. “He’s an important business partner of my dad’s,” he explains. “I’ve seen him at parties and meetings quite a few times. He’s quiet.”

“Quiet? Are we even talking about the same person anymore?” Jongdae snorts. “Oh Sehun is the most obnoxious and stuck-up prick I’ve ever known.”

“He thinks he runs this place, and people believe him,” Yixing says. “He acts like some prince -- and speak of the devil, he’s headed this way.”

 

Jongdae rolls his eyes at a snickering Yixing and Junmyeon turns to see a tall boy with platinum hair make his way towards the three of them.

That’s definitely him, Junmyeon thinks as Sehun stops in front of them.

 

“Oh look who it is,” Sehun sneers. “The stoner and his poor best friend.”

 

“ off Sehun,” Jongdae retorts. “The stoned and the poor are getting along just fine without your sorry .”

 

It looks like Sehun’s about to reply to Jongdae’s remark before his eyes fall upon Junmyeon.

“A new face? Wait…” Sehun starts. “You’re not Kim Junmyeon, are you?”

“The one and only,” Junmyeon replies. “What’s it to you?”

 

Sehun grins and eyes Junmyeon with his icy eyes. “Why are you hanging out with these losers? I’m pretty sure you’ll find yourself way more comfortable with my group.”

Junmyeon feels like throwing up when he hears Sehun’s offer. He may have been friendly for business purposes before, but he wasn’t prepared to just ditch Jongdae and Yixing.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll pass. They’re the first people to show me the ropes, so I’m indebted to them.” He simply replies. “Though I’d appreciate it if you’d back off. It’d be a shame to your father if something happened to his trading routes…” And Junmyeon’s holding back a smirk at Sehun’s speechless face.

 

“You’re too kind, Junmyeon.” Sehun replies tersely before walking away, and Junmyeon only grins in reply.

 

“Junmyeon,” he hears Jongdae say behind him. He turns and finds his two friends staring at him in awe.

 

“That was so ing awesome!” Yixing says, and Jongdae gives him a nod in agreement. “That’s the first time I’ve seen the mighty Oh Sehun speechless. Oh man, that was priceless!” Yixing continues, and Jongdae lets out a laugh.

 

Junmyeon only lets out a small laugh, before picking at his food. He may have looked cool and composed at the time, but internally, he felt like a complete mess. He had never really said anything threatening to anyone, but for some reason, Junmyeon couldn’t stand the fact that Sehun was being such a jerk to his friends. Especially Jongdae.

 

But nonetheless, lunch continues on without much event and Junmyeon learns a lot about his newfound friends.

 

“I guess we both never really formally introduced ourselves to you,” Yixing says apologetically, sheepishly scratching the back of his head. “I’m Zhang Yixing, second year dancing major. And he’s Kim Jongdae, second year singing major.”

 

“Kim Jongdae, hm? Must be fate,” Junmyeon half-jokes. He laughs when Jongdae shoots out curses with a red face and Yixing gives him an incredulous look. “I’m Kim Junmyeon, second year singing major as well.”

 

“You wouldn’t happen to be the Kim Junmyeon, heir to the famous trading company EXO?” Yixing asks.

 

“The very same,” Junmyeon replies, and both Jongdae and Yixing gape at each other.

 

“Looks like we got a big shot at our table,” Jongdae laughs, and Junmyeon notes that he likes the way his eyes crinkle at the ends when he laughs. “Hopefully Sehun won’t be bothering us for a while.”

 

“Has he always been this insufferable?” Junmyeon questions, absentmindedly picking at his food. “He seemed more… reserved at our dinner parties.”

 

The pair of best friends only hum in thought for a few seconds before turning back to the newcomer.

 

“Yeah,” Yixing says. “For as long as we can remember, Sehun has loved bothering us since we entered SM Prep. He’s a year above us, but he likes to stop by my dance class when he’s not counting money.”

 

“Plus, he has some superiority complex and he picks on people like me to satisfy it,” Jongdae adds. “It’s no wonder that he picked us as his victims. His friends aren’t as bad though.”

 

“Jongin and Luhan are pretty chill,” says Yixing, motioning his head towards the two people happily chatting with Sehun. “They may be friends with the biggest in school, but they’re nice enough to talk to us when they’re not around Sehun.”

 

Junmyeon’s head is spinning with all of this information about Sehun and his friends, as well as their own group’s friends, Baekhyun and Yifan.

 

“Baekhyun and Jongdae are the worst,” Yixing groans, earning a playful shove from Jongdae. “All they do is pick on us and play pranks whenever they can. They really are the mischief makers in our group. Yifan is more serious but he’s a great person to talk to and get help from. No wonder he’s the vice-president of stuco.”

 

“Wow,” is all Junmyeon can say. He looks forward to meeting them next time they join them in the commons.

 

The trio pass the rest of lunch with stories and rumors of the school and its denizens. Junmyeon finds himself enjoying the presence of the two troublemakers and he knows the other two feel the same way.

 

After lunch, Junmyeon and Jongdae walk to their next class, after saying goodbye to Yixing, who goes to his dance class in the other wing of the school.

 

At first, it’s a bit awkward; both Jongdae and Junmyeon don’t know what to say to start conversation. But eventually they fall into comfortable teasing and debating, and Junmyeon finds his desire to kiss the boy next to him grow stronger. Junmyeon doesn’t know why. He had just met Jongdae a day ago but for some reason his evasiveness to Junmyeon’s moves was alluring.

But for now he’ll keep himself satisfied with shameless flirting and Jongdae’s flustered reaction to his subtle advances.


A/N: Now that I look at it, the end of the chapter seems a bit awkward. I'm sorry! >< I promise they'll be better in future chapters. But I hope you enjoyed this second chapter! To be honest I felt bad for making Sehun a jerk but he's an angel in my other fic so it evens out. uvu. Thank you all for subscribing and reading my fic! It really means a lot. <3