Tension

Not Your Average Relationship

Naeun walked into Cube Entertainment building. A couple of months ago she left SM since she needed to start over. She was thinking about what happened between her dad and Kai the other day. She just couldn't believe how much Kai loved Krystal. It was shocking to her. But then Krystal's father "cleared" the situation.

"Those two just never get a break..." Naeun said out loud entering the elevator. Krystal and Kai went back to Japan to continue practicing but had to go on two different flights so the media wouldn't go crazy.

 Naeun casually entered a practice room and to her surprise someone was there. Someone very unexpected.

"Taemin?"

"Naeun?" His voice was just as shocked.

"What are you doing here?" Naeun tried to sound less confused than she actually was.

"Dara Noona and I are looking for good companies to sign with." Taemin informed her, "I have a question for you. How come you were the one to convince me to at least try to remember and yet you don't even want to be near me?" He stood up and walked towards her.

"Taemin why don't you check on the big three." Naeun tried changing the subject.

"I will. We work on well known companies but than we will hit the top three. JYP than YG and than my dear uncle SM. Which brings me to my follow up question. Why did you leave the best company to a small one like Cube? I mean you could of gone to an almost there one like FNC or Woolim but you picked Cube. Wae?" He cocked his head to the side.

Naeun shrugged, "My friend was already in Cube, I-I wanted to leave SM so she requested me to the head."

"What was your reason for leaving?" Taemin crossed his arms. She didn't know why, but she was getting mixed feelings from him. She got the I know him, and we are comfortable with each other but also had that awkward and uncomfortable feeling as well.

"I was cut. Even though I loved it there I needed to start new and plus SM has too many models and they have been with them for over ten years and I have only been there for three. I was the obvious choice. But it's fine. I'm happy here and I'm always welcome in SM." Naeun shrugged putting her bag down, "Do you remember anything yet?" She asked wanting to know if there was any progress. But her tone sounded reckless, like she didn't give a about the world.

"You know I'm really trying right?" Taemin said.

"Who for? Because I know at the beginning you wanted nothing to do with remembering." Naeun crossed her arms as well. It was true. He was completely against the idea and here he was telling her he was trying.

"When Kai, Krystal, Hyoyeon, Yoona and Luhan spoke to me. And just by looking at them, how close they were and are, it made me happy. And to know that I was part of that. Their devotion to what they do and what they do for each other and how much they are really trying to get me to remember, I have a lot of respect for them." Taemin smiled recalling his time with them at the SM practice room.

"Well I'm glad." Naeun said to him. There goes another awkward silence, "Where are you staying now?"

"Still with Dara Noona, but next week I'm going to move back in with Eunhyuk since we are related." He sighed. As Naeun was trying to form a sentence in her head when Dara walked in.

"Taemin, let's head to JYP next. These faces want to put you in a group!" She stormed in flipping through papers not noticing Naeun's presence, "I mean seriously? Some of their idols aren't even- oh... Hehe hello." Dara smiled sheepishly at Naeun.

"Don't worry, I wasn't talking about you." Dara reassured her.

"Don't worry Unnie. It's fine. I know some of the idols are not the best here. But I'm not an idol, I am just a model." Naeun laughed slightly. 

"We'll be going now, let's go my pet," she motioned for Taemin to follow her jokingly treating him like a dog. As he walked out she whispered to Naeun, "Give him time, even though he accepted it, doesn't mean he isn't refusing."

"I guess you're right, you better get going." Naeun smiled at her.

"I'll see you later." Dara left the young girl, Taemin was waiting by the elevator for her.

"You want me to remember too don't you." Taemin shifted his weight from his heels to his toes. "Do you blame me? I mean to see how determined they are to get you to remember, they are making an effort. What are you so afraid of?" Dara asked softly.

"The fact that everyone is expecting me to remember is pressuring, but the reason I didn't stay in that hospital room was because I felt the need to start over. I didn't know what happened to myself and why I wasn't doing what my dream was in the first place. I don't want to remember the reason I was there, my stupidity. They only have a week left to get me to remember anyways."

"Give them another month. You already know everyone, you just need to confirm the memories." Dara begged.

"I'll think about it, now just bring me to JYP. I heard he was a strange man." 

"Funniest out of the three." Dara laughed.

 


Yoona unlocked the door of their house. She found a sleeping Luhan on the couch hugging a pillow.

"Luhan..." She crouched down next to him and tugged on his hair.

"Anio..." He groaned.

"Babe, it's already ten get up." Yoona shook him.

"Don't call me babe Chorong, that is a no no." Luhan not wanting to open his eyes pushed Yoona's face away. Yoona couldn't help but laugh at the thought.

"Pabo! I'm not Chorong." She whacked him with a pillow.

"Mom?" Luhan raised his eyebrow even though he hasn't opened his eyes yet.

"Uh... Anio." Yoona shook her head and smiled.

"Awesome." Luhan grabbed Yoona's arm and pulled her on the couch with him. He wrapped his arms around her as he buried face in her neck. "How dare you leave me alone with her." He mumbled.

"You pissed me off..." Yoona grumbled entwining her hands with him, "Where is Chorong?"

"I really could care less. She's somewhere upstairs or something."

"Have you spoken with your mom about it?"

"No, but our press conference is tomorrow, and Lay and I are going to be exposed for being the hidden princes." Luhan sighed. Every time Luhan brought up Yoona his mom would immediately change the subject. It annoyed Luhan but he can't fight with his mother.

"Well come on, I'll make you coffee and breakfast." Yoona got up and pulled him along with her. "Now go and change out of your wife beater."

"But I'm at home..." Luhan complained.

"So you want Chorong to basically be all over you?" Yoona crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow.

"Arrasso... What shirt do you want?" Luhan asked her knowing she was going to change anyways. "Your HBA hoodie."

"Why do you always change into my clothes?"

"Property, duh." Yoona rolled her eyes like it was obvious. Luhan ran upstairs and seconds later a pair of he shorts and the grey hoodie was thrown from upstairs hitting the ground. "THANKS!" 

"I'm gonna take a shower! The scent of Chorong is all over me!" Luhan screamed from the top floor. "Is she up there?"

"Anio!" Luhan yelled back then closed the bathroom door. Yoona quickly changed and started to make coffee. Afterwards she got out the frying pan and began scrambling the eggs.

A little while later, while she was frying the bacon a chin rested on her shoulder. "Chorong that's a no no." Yoona teased while laying the bacon on the plate.

"Yah!" Luhan hissed at the giggling Yoona.

"Breakfast is served!" Yoona applauded herself after she set the table. 

Luhan missed this. He missed being with Yoona. She has been so busy that she couldn't come home and the fact that Chorong was here Yoona couldn't do anything and didn't want to be around her.

"Luhan I am home. Did you cook me breakfast..." Chorong walked in on the two trying to throw bacon into each other's mouth. "Uh annyeong."

"What?" Luhan turned to her chewing the piece of bacon Yoona shot into his mouth.

"What is she doing here? And isn't that your hoodie?"

"She lives here." Yoona rolled her eyes. "And yes, it is Luhan's hoodie. Wae? Is there a problem?"

"Ne, there is. I live here now, and I don't need you interfering with the two month Luhan gave me."

"You gave her two months?" Yoona raised her eye brows to Luhan.

"Only to get them to shut up." Luhan quickly explained.

"Sure..." Yoona sighed. She just couldn't get the feeling that Luhan still had some sort of soft spot for Chorong. "I'm going to go meet up with Jessica."

"You just got here?"

"Ya and so did virus." Yoona scoffed walking out of the house.

 


Kai was walking around kicking a pebble around that was on the ground. He couldn't believe they have averted to not being seen together even in another country. His phone rang in his pocket. 

"Yoboseyo?" 

"Kai. I need you to come to the ice rink now." Ravi said over the phone.

"I'm up front I'm coming." He said hanging up and walking in. Kai saw Ravi with Krystal and her manager Kim Yuna. 

He slowly approached them and waited for someone to say something. "We need to pull someone from this performance. One of you. We need to." Ravi explained,

"Wae?" Krystal shot up.

"It's only been three weeks, we can find a replacement for one of you." Yuna said in a business like tone.

"What about the condo you put us together in?"

"Kai has his own house a little further away from here, that was only to save him some time getting here and for you two to bond since we didn't really know you guys knew each other." Ravi mentioned, "So, who's it going to be?"

"I will." Kai raised his hand, "I have really no experience with these things so I think I'm the good option, and don't I have some concerts and work shops in Taiwan, Beijing, here and Singapore?"

"That's very true-"

"What's the real reason for pulling one us out?" Krystal shot at the two managers.

"You're Appa called, he needed one of you to be out of the musical to end controversy, or stop them from continuing. 

"Wow... Minhyuk promised he would stop this." Krystal sighed.

"Maybe he tried, I don't know. But there isn't a lot that we can do."

"But are you two dating?" Ravi pointed to the duo only receiving nods.

"I don't know what to tell you two. How will you guys be in a relationship when Krystal is engaged and getting married?"

"We can make it work. I cannot get married to Minhyuk." Krystal let out a frustrated sigh. Kai just stayed silent. He couldn't say anything. Kai felt as if he had no place to say anything. What could he say. He shouldn't feel guilty over the fact that he was basically stealing someone's bride to be. Maybe he should.

Ravi and Yuna had both gotten in contact with the head of their companies and with their parents. They were speaking with them now. "I'm going to go somewhere ok."

"Alright..." Krystal gave him a quick hug as Kai left her there, quickly he dialed Minhyuk's number. 

"Yoboseyo, Kai?"

"Ne, you've seen the headlines right? Sorry I didn't get to talk to you about it earlier." Kai apologized through the phone.

"It's fine, I didn't know how news traveled so fast and how fast Soojung's dad responded to it." Minhyuk sighed.

"Have you talked to her Appa?"

"I have tried everything, I begged him and begged, he won't take no for an answer. Has he spoken with Krystal since the article came out?" Minhyuk asked.

"Nope, she told me since he got back to Japan he hasn't said a thing."

Minhyuk sigh, but it didn't sound like a sigh in distress but in relief. Kai caught on to it but didn't say anything. "Minhyuk, were you lying about not having feelings for Krystal?" Kai accused. There was a long silence over the phone. He knew it.

"She seems happier to be with you than with me. Besides these feelings will go away."

"Are you in love with her?" Kai was abrupt and straight to the point. Another period of silence. "Well we have a problem here now don't we." Kai scoffed. He kinda laughed at the thought, but it wasn't an amused laugh, more of a disbelief laugh. 

"So that's it? You're in love with your fiancé that doesn't love you back, and I'm in love with your fiancé that loves me but we can't be together." Kai connected it together.

"Ne, I guess you could say that." Minhyuk responded in the exact same tone.

"So I take it you aren't going to give her up, even though I basically already have her." Kai stated.

"Kai, I'm getting married to her, technically I should have her. But I love her so much that I'm willing to let her go for her happiness. Even though I would be able to take better care of her than you."

Kai pressed his tongue against his cheek, "Aish, this little- are you saying she's better off with you?"

"You said it not me. Besides, both our parents want it to happen. Strong business leaders, much stronger and powerful than a dancer. Did you also know we can drive your parents to go bankrupt?" Minhyuk threatened.

"Leave my family out of this. This is a problem between you and me. I take it you didn't even want to stop the marriage."

"I did. Maybe I still do. You'll just have to wait." Minhyuk challenged and then hung up.

That was the reason why his dad wanted it to end. Kai understood why not being with Krystal was so important to him. "How did I not realize it!" He sighed in frustration. All the signs were in front of him. Mr. Kim kept saying how powerful and strong those companies were, and Minhyuk had to power to get back at Kai through his family.

Kim Jongin. The guy who had struggles of a forty year old business man had to come to a decision. Stay with Krystal, revoke the engagement and have a temperamental business leader destroy his parents company or let go of Krystal and move on. 

Unlike his friend Yoona, Kai thought his plans through before acting on them. He couldn't leave Krystal yet he could let his parents suffer.


Hi guys! A short little chapter for you all. The news for the ferry just keeps getting worse and I am trying to keep my mind off of it so I wrote this short chapter. Sorry if it's everywhere. If you are confused let me know. Their are probably a lot of mistakes since I am doing this on my iPhone so let's see how it goes. I hope this is enough for now. Comment and subscribe!

 

oh and I changed my mind, minhyuks gonna be a .