What Is Love?

Not Your Average Relationship

"Korea at last!" Kai laid on the ground on the airport with the crowd of fangirls behind the gates that were put up for the arrival of Kai and Krystal. The girls screamed as he did that action.

"Yah! Get up!" Krystal kicked his leg laughing at him. 

"I have not been in Korea for two years give me a break." Kai said not even moving.

"Come on! We aren't even skating and you're just lying around." She struggled to pull him up, "Let's go home!" 

"Welcome home!" Hyoyeon screamed when they walked out of the airport.

"Yay!!!" Kai ran over to her but ran past her and hugged his car. 

"Jinjja! I haven't seen you in weeks and this is how you treat me?" Hyoyeon stamped her foot.

"Yeah, weeks I haven't see her in a two years." He said examining it. He walked around his car and gasped.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" He pointed to the small dent on the back of his car.

"Ooooooh... Someone is in trouble~" Krystal sang. 

"An idiot bumped into a taxi driver and bumped into your car." Hyoyeon mumbled not making eye contact with her younger brother.

"When?"

"Last week..."

"YOU USED MY CAR?!"

"Jongin, come on let's talk about this at the SM building. Just drive." Krystal pushed the glaring Kai to the drivers seat. 

"Noona you sit in the back. You don't deserve shot gun." Kai told Hyoyeon who didn't argue to sit in the back.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Do you know who this is?" Dara held up another picture. Both were currently in the SM building waiting for people to show up to help Taemin.

"An old wrinkly man." Taemin looked at the picture blankly.

"This is your uncle." Dara told him, "Lee Sooman."

"JINJJA! The founder of SM entertainment is my uncle?!" Taemin was surprised. Why is everyone he knows and related to rich, "Basically the person who owns this building?!"

"Yes, and your father is the Lee Minwoo." Dara also informed him, "You haven't seen him yet since he is on tour an is currently in Europe."

"The Choreographer?" Taemin raised his eyebrows. He was truly shocked.

Dara simply nodded and held up another picture, "Do you know who they are?"  

"Those are cars." Taemin simply stated.

"What kind of car?"

"A beautiful Prius and a y Porsche. What does this have to do with anything?" Taemin asked her a little irritated.

"Apparently these are your babies." Dara smirked waiting for his reaction.

"I-I-I have a Porsche? Jinjja!"

"Do you remember anything? Anything flash in your mind?" Dara sat on the floor looking at him. He thought hard, he was thinking. All of a sudden the image of rain pouring down filled his head and muffled voices.

"Uh, no. Nothing." He lied shaking off the thought. Dara sighed. She walked over to her laptop and sat down, "How about Naeun do you remember her?"

"Anio, she came up with a ridiculous story about how I lost my memory." Taemin rolled his eyes.

"What happens if I have proof?" Dara raise her eye brow at him.

"What kind of proof?" Taemin walked over to her and looked at the screen. It was the security footage of the day he was shot. It was an over head view so he saw the top of a girl's head walking out of the building. He watched Naeun walking out on the phone in the rain. She paused then a guy runs from the same direction she came from and ran in front of her. He was facing her, her back still towards the Camera but his face was clear. Dara paused the video.

"That's you Taemin." She pointed to the boy in the screen, "And that's Naeun." She continued to play the footage. Taemin's body crumpled to the ground and two more figures arrived in the picture. It was Eunhyuk shaking him. Even though there was no audio you can tell he was screaming. Soon after Naeun collapsed.

"You saved her life, she could of died." Dara told him.

"I could of died too." He shot back.

"But you're here. Now. Right now and you are refusing to remember anything." 

"You think I'm intentionally refusing to remember? I just witnessed myself almost die! And I don't remember that! Do you blame me if I don't want to remember being attacked?" Taemin let out. Dara felt bad for him. He was trying but she knew he was also hurting trying to remember. "Can't we just go back to pictures?" He asked her.

"Sure." She said softly and getting out more picture with information on the back.

"Who are they?" She held up a picture of a girl with mickey mouse ears and a boy with an orange hat.

"A couple?" Taemin guessed.

"Ne, but do you know who they are?"

"Her, I have seen her in magazines. I didn't know she had a boyfriend."

"She is a good friend of yours, she's coming over soon with her boyfriend too along with Kai, Krystal and Hyoyeon."

"What about Naeun?" He asked almost like an impulse. Dara smiled inwardly not letting it show.

"She didn't want to see you, she wasn't ready since you snapped at her yesterday."

"Oh... Well what's their names?" She asked her.

"Yoona and Luhan. Does it sound familiar?"

"Yah! If you say no I will kill you." Yoona said walking into the studio. "Dara! Long time no see! It's weird seeing you not in the YG building."

"It's weird, but it's all good. How's Donghae? Is he still with Jess?"

"Nope, they broke up last year. They're still good friends. She is with Onew. But anyways, annyeong Taeminnie, I heard you were being difficult." Yoona smiled.

"Did you even think about getting it fixed?" They heard a deep voice in the hall.

"It's not even that bad!" A girl responded.

"Jongin she wasn't planning on getting it hit." Krystal said walking into the room.

"I am never letting you touch her ever again." Kai said walking in after her followed by Hyoyeon.

"You're that girl we bumped into yesterday." Taemin pointed at him.

"You're that car that got bumped into my car?" Kai pointed to himself and almost screamed.

"More like a taxi..." Dara tried to ease the tension. 

"I don't blame you, it could of happened to anyone. I blame my NOONA! Who wasn't even suppose to have my car!"

"There is screaming, and I have a headache." Luhan scolded closing the door behind him.

"Noona are they always like this?" Taemin leaned over and asked Dara about the loudness. 

"This isn't even a tenth of us, and usually it would be louder if you were talking with us as well." Yoona informed him.

"Um..." Everyone fell silent and watched Taemin talk, "Aren't you guys supposed to be helping me remember?" 

"So straight forward. Still the same personality." Luhan shrugged plopping down on the couch.

"We can help you remember anything you need to or want to know." Hyoyeon said.

"We know you are still really hesitant in remembering but the fact that you are will to try, is great." Krystal smiled at him. They all sat down or laid down on the floor as Dara and Taemin sat on the couch.

"So what do you want to know?" Luhan asked while putting his chin on Yoona's head who was lying down holding her head up with her hands.

"Who was my best friend?" He started off pretty basic.

"You have to be specific." Krystal mentioned.

"The all time best friend, the person everyone thinks of when they say my name." Taemin said.

" Hana dul ses." Yoona said.

"Kai!" All said at the same time.

"Me!" Kai held his hands up and fell back.

"Jinjja?" 

"Yes sir! I told you I wasn't lying back in Japan." Kai smiled.

"We called you two the twins." Krystal mentioned.

"You guys were like Sherlock and Watson," Krystal said.

"Changmin and Yunho." Luhan added.

"Dumb and dumber." Hyoyeon put out there. Kai grabbed her arm and bit her, "Yah! I am still older than you?"

"So me and Kai were best friends?" Taemin said unphased.

"Do you need evidence?" Yoona asked playing with Luhan's fingers.

"That would be nice." Taemin said slowly.

"Here is you and me dancing in this studio, here is one of us at the park,
Here both of us sitting in Ajusshi Sooman's office because we broke a speaker." Kai showed him pictures of  them on his phone.

Taemin thought for a minute. He blinked a couple of times but just responded dully, "Sounds like we were close." Kai nodded, in fact all nodded.

"What were my favorite things to do?"

"Eat, sleep, piano, dance. That was your routine."

"What was I like? Before all this happened. What were my goals? What did I love?"

"You were ambitious, loud, always doing your best. Competitive, you ate a lot. Persistent, always there for your family, even though we weren't blood related." Krystal told him.

"Your goals were simple, travel the world. Be a dancer that everyone knew. Improve your singing. You wanted everyone to be happy." Luhan explained what is goals were to him.

"You loved dancing. It wasn't even a love, not a passion, but it was and hopefully still is your life, your everything. Anytime you got the chance you would practice.

Lee Taemin.

The first thing that comes to our heads is dancer. You also love your cars. You call your Porsche and Prius your babies which rubbed off on Kai. You loved food as much as I do. You loved your family." Yoona stated.  

"The thing you loved most that barely passed dancing is Kai's and my little sister, Son Naeun. You were the inseparable couple, like how Luhan and Yoona are now. Even though you knew she forgot you, you didn't give up on her. She was like the music you needed to dance. She was your other half." Hyoyeon described.

"But how come if she was my everything,I can't even remember a single detail about her?" Taemin questioned them.

"You said she was dream girl, came in your dreams, never said a name, but you went up to Naeun told her she was that girl. That isnt a coincident." Krystal shook her head. She pitied him.

"I think I need to eat..." He said softly causing everyone to smile.

"I'll go pick some stuff up to eat." She smiled and left. They decided to take a break so Kai, Krystal, Yoona and Luhan decided not to bother Taemin so they just told them they would be in other practice rooms while they waited.

Dara and Taemin roamed around the building hoping for him to remember something, "Dara, they used the word love a lot. I know I love dancing but what is love? What is it in your mind? What is love exactly? How can you guys tell if someone is in love?" He asked while passing by rooms.

"When you love someone, it's hard to explain what you feel, it's like you cant explain. You know there is love maybe by the way that he looks at her. Even if they could have a million flaws, they are perfect to that person. How he holds her in his arms. The way they would do anything or everything for each other. Always looking forward to seeing each other. They go crazy and fall in love again when they see each other, the world slows down when they are together. if there is pain in their life the other half helps them forget about that. Even if they argue, they cry, people tell them no they cannot be together, love is love, it wont stop them, If that isnt love, then I dont know what is." Dara paused, "Find some different answers, I'm going to head to the bathroom."

Taemin kept walking and stopped in front of a studio door. Music was being played. There he saw through the window Kai dancing in front of the mirrors completely focused. Krystal was sitting on the couch, smiling at Kai even though he couldn't see it. The next song played and Kai stopped dancing and went over to Krystal who was laughing and hiding her face refusing to go up and dance with him.

"Come on!" He heard Kai's voice muffled. Taemin smiled a little, but continued walking. He walked to a corner until he heard voices.

"...ready to meet them, they hate everything about me." He heard Yoona sigh. He peered over the corner and saw Luhan and Yoona sitting on the stairs.

"You jumped out the window last time and you have been avoiding coming home."

"Do they know I live there?"

"Ani..."

"Have they found a wife for you yet?"

"Yes but they won't tell me who."

"Fine, I am meeting them later today!  And I am wearing your shirt." She kissed him but quickly pulled away, "What happens if they don't accept me? Or make you get married?"

"Then we leave, go somewhere they won't find us."

"This isn't some sort of drama..." Taemin heard Yoona say before he walked away. He didn't want to eavesdrop anymore than he has. If what Dara said about love was true, than he knew that Kai and Krystal were in love and Yoona and Luhan are forever in love. He saw an unfamiliar man walking in the halls but he knew he proabbly knew who Taemin was by his smiling face.

"Excuse me, you probably know me, but I dont know you. This is kind of random but can you tell What is love?" Taemin asked like a lost boy.

"Love makes someone into a better person. It makes you want that happily ever after like in a childs book. You want to give all of your love and feelings to that special someone. Good question, I really dont know..." The boy who was around his age smiled, "But I know one thing. It was like you and Son Naeun." He said and walked towards the direction Taemin came from.

"Son Naeun..." That name kept repeating in his head. He heard different voices saying it in his head, some familiar and some unfamiliar.

"I need a nap..." Taemin shook his head and walked Over to the studio he was at to sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Mista mista!" Kai and Krystal sang as they did the dance moves to the song. They were at the part in the chorus with the dancers. Kai brought his arms around her following hers which were crossed around her chest.

"nareul bitnaejul seontaek badeun ja!"

"If you could either save me or Taemin out of a fire who would it be?" Kai asked Krystal out of the blue as they continued to dance.

"You because Taemin is being a dickface."

"So if he remembered you would have picked him?" He asked her going up close to her face. 

"imireul allyeojulge" she pushed his face to the side since that was in the choreography.

"If he remembered it would honestly be hard since it wouldn't happen and both of you would be bribing me with things." Krystal shrugged stepping over the rolling Kai. But Kai grabbed Krystal's ankle and pulled her down causing her to fall on top of him.

"Ow! you're a fatass." Kai groaned.

"You're the one that pulled me down!"

"I was hoping you would fall, just not on me." He pressed his forehead against hers and began laughing. She leaned foreword and he did to and their lips found each other. It was a simple kiss but enough to catch the attention of a certain someone.

"Krystal?"

"Minhyuk!?" Krystal scrambled to her feet.

"What's going?" He asked a little confused.

"W-Why are you here?" Krystal panicked a little. How could she kiss Kai in front of her fiancé.

"I heard you got to Korea and went straight to SM... Did something happen?" Minhyuk raised an eyebrow.

"ANIO!" Krystal quickly said.

"She kissed me." Kai said nonchalantly taking a sip from his water.

"Kai!"

"It's true." Kai shrugged.

"Did you kiss him or did he kiss you?" He said in a wondering tone and pointed at the two.

"He kissed me." 

"It was a mutual agreement." Kai said scrolling through his phone and taking another sip of water.

"There was no agreement."

"We both leaned in so the feeling was mutual." Kai nodded

"What feeling?"

"A feeling." Kai stated as if it was obvious.

"Do you still have feelings for him? Do you have feelings for her?" Minhyuk asked them.

"Oppa how could you question that? I'm engaged to you." Krystal's voice wavered.

"Well the fact that you call everyone older than you Oppa, but you don't call him Oppa. The fact that you can never admit to not loving someone else."

"Obviously I still love her." Kai suddenly admitted, "And if it meant stopping this wedding I will do it."

"Oppa, I'm sorry I can't get married to you." Krystal said apologetically. There was a long silence between the three but Minhyuk let out a huge smile.

"Thank you!" Minhyuk hugged Krystal. She looked back at Kai in confusion, he just mouthed 'Go With It'

"Wae?"

"Krystal, I see you as a sister, and I really cannot get married to someone like that. And I always kinda knew Kai had territory issues."

"I don't hate you anymore." Kai smiled. Minhyuk smiled but than realized what he said, "You hated me?"

Kai brought his index finger to his lips, "Ssh, not anymore."

"But what about the wedding, I have been trying to stop it but my Appa and his Appa won't budge."

"Trust me I have tried. But I'll try again." Minhyuk smiled leaving.

"Minhyuk!" Kai called his name. Minhyuk turned to them. Kai wrapped his arms around Krystal waist and genuinely said, "Thank you."

"You guys deserve each other."

"Thank you, but it doesn't mean I'm going back to Kai so easily." She laughed pushing Kai away from her. Minhyuk walked out and left the room. He leaned against the wall and stared at the floor.

"What is love? Letting go of the person you love because you know she wasn't meant to be with you..." He turned his back and saw Krystal and Kai running around with Kai trying to hit Krystal with water from his bottle and heard a muffled "You just admitted you loved me!"

"I have no idea what you are talking about!" He heard Krystal laugh. And at that moment Minhyuk smiled, "And at the end, it's worth it. That's a strange love but I guess that's what love is." He said to himself leaving the building, hoping he has the power to call off the wedding.


Reason for the chapter name: I used the phrase what is love because A) Very deep meaning and B) I LOST MY MIND~ I love Exo's song, especially the Chinese version. I used some ofthe lyrics here (A lot) This chapter is basically based off of the song. Taemin has no recollection of who he was and doesnt understand the concept of love as much as he did before he lost his memory.

I AM AWESOME! ANOTHER CHAPTER UP IN A WEEK! Probably because I type this story on my Iphone and my other one I write it down. BUT AYE! Taemin is getting nowhere, NAeun doesnt want to see him, and Krystal and Kai are having so progression! No need to thank me, yall probably hate me! ^_^. I couldnt make Minhyuk a douchebag, I love him too much. Writing this chapter I have been listening to What is Love. Why? Because it is such a good  song its not even funny.

WELP! Subscribe and comment! Thank you for reading!

PS: Read my other story! I will update that one like maybe before Sehun's birthday. AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DANCING MACHINE LEE HYUKJAE!