Final.

Une Place Pour Deux (A Place For Two)

 

"Flight number 0245 to Paris, passengers may begin to board at gate 45. Tous les passagers sur le vol numéro 0245 à déstination de Paris sont priés d'embarquer porte 45." clutching his passport and boarding ticket in one hand, Youngjae slowly made his way to the gate and lined up behind an elderly French couple. They chatted between each other happily and the husband seemed to be calming his wife down, for it seemed as though she was too excited over returning to Paris. Youngjae smiled to himself and thought of Yoojin as one of the flight attendants scanned his boarding pass and checked his passport. 
 
"Enjoy your flight." the flight attendant said as she handed his passport back to him. With a quiet 'thank you,' Youngjae made his way into the plane and found his seat next to yet another French couple. As Youngjae sat down, he thought of the day he bumped into Yoojin, here, in London. 
 
"A trip around Europe?" 
 
"Yeah, it'll be fun! Just you and I, and, well, our cameras of course. It'll be a little graduation gift, from me." Yoojin fidgeted with her cup of tea. Youngjae placed a hand on top of hers. 
 
"A trip, just as friends. We'll start over again, forget the past, it will just make us uncomfortable. I want to get to know you again." 
 
"Alright, but who's funding?" Yoojin agreed easily. 
 
"Me. I've earned enough money, more than enough, we can do as many cities as we can." 
 
"When?" 
 
"After you graduate, two days after your graduation, I've got everything planned out, just focus on finishing this last half of the year and then we'll go, okay?" Youngjae said. Yoojin had a light smile on her lips. 
 
"You've planned this out well." She remarked. 
 
"Well, I was planning on going to Paris to tell you in a week, but, I guess, since you're here now, I should tell you now." 
 
"Alright then. I'll get you at the airport when you arrive in Paris okay? I'm going back to Paris tomorrow anyways." 
 
Youngjae smiled as he buckled his seatbelt and rested his head back. His eyes felt droopy and before he knew it, he had fallen asleep. 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Bienvenue à Paris. Welcome to Paris, the temperature is currently sitting at 9 degrees Celsius and sunny with a light breeze coming in from the north, we hope you have had a safe and enjoyable flight with us and enjoy your stay! Thank you for flying with British Air!" Once the seatbelt sign had been turned off, Youngjae unbuckled his seatbelt immediately and grabbed his bag from the top compartment. The captain of the plane greeted everyone as they got off, wishing everyone a good trip or just a welcome home. Once Youngjae was out of the plane and out of the gate, he eagerly quickened his pace and headed for the baggage carousel. 
 
"Jae!" a familiar voice called. He turned to see Yoojin standing by the carousel and she waved at him. He walked towards her quickly and spread his arms out wide, ready to envelope her in a hug. 
 
"Uhm.." Yoojin hesitated. 
 
Friends, we're just friends. Youngjae thought. 
 
"Friends can hug each other can't they?" He blurted out. Yoojin stared at him for a moment. She laughed nervously and punched him on the arm lightly. 
 
"Hey, let's just get your stuff first, alright?" Yoojin said as she grabbed a nearby cart and took Youngjae's bags from his hands and placed them on the cart. 
 
"There was no need to do that."  Yoojin nudged him with her shoulder. 
 
"I can't be rude to my guest!" She said. Youngjae smiled at her and they both silently waited for the luggage to come out. 
 
 As soon as they gathered his luggage, they both headed out to the taxi area and hailed a taxi. Yoojin said something in French for the taxi driver and he nodded and began to drive off. 
 
"I'm surprised, you've gotten better at your French!" Yoojin smirked. 
 
"What do you expect? If I'm studying in Paris, then my French has to be good, or else the locals won't even acknowledge my existence–ah, monsieur, tu doit tourne ici, ici." 
 
"Ici?" the driver asked. 
 
"Oui, ici." Yoojin confirmed and she leaned back into the seat. 
 
"Some taxi drivers don't even know where they're going." Yoojin sighed. 
 
"Anyway, your hotel that you've booked...how much money did you earn anyways? That hotel is like, five stars! How did you even manage!" Youngjae smiled. 
 
"I have my secrets, Yoojin." he replied simply. 
 
"Hey! I'm your best friend, aren't I? Come on, tell me! Please?" 
 
Best friend. Youngjae thought. He smiled.
 
"I'm working for one of the big companies." Youngjae replied
 
"Like what, Samsung? Are you working with your dad?" 
 
"With my dad? I'm working for my dad!" 
 
"No way, don't tell that your dad got promoted to CEO or something!" Yoojin gasped and covered her her hands. 
 
"Not quite, he's vice president, I'm just his assistant." 
 
"How much does he pay you?" Yoojin asked. 
 
"Like, 30,000 won an hour." Youngjae said simply, as if it was nothing. Yoojin choked on the air and began to have a coughing fit. 
 
"30,000 won?! An hour?!" Youngjae nodded. 
 
"Amazing." Yoojin said. The taxi came to a halt. 
 
"Merci." Yoojin said as she handed the taxi driver money. Youngjae headed to the back where the taxi driver had opened the trunk, allowing him to get his luggage. Once he had gathered everything, Yoojin turned around and gawked at the hotel entrance in front of her. The glass doors seemed to be as tall and wide as the doors at the Notre Dame cathedral. The hotel seemed to be about twenty or so stories high and the windows for each room were large, probably giving a view of Paris. As Youngjae and Yoojin entered the lobby, a man greeted them at the door. 
 
"Ah, Mr. Park! Hello! He's the co-owner of this hotel chain here in Paris" Youngjae introduced Yoojin to him. As Youngjae and Mr. Park chatted, Yoojin took the time to admire the red carpet that spread out from the entrance all the way to the check in counter. She looked up to the ceiling to see large chandeliers with crystals hanging from the ends of each branch. The ceiling was as elegant as the chandeliers itself, with elegant Renaissance style paintings carefully painted on. Around the lobby were red plush chairs with gold, round tables to match. 
 
"Yoojin." Youngjae nudged her and she snapped out of her daze. 
 
"Mr. Park will lead us to our room." 
 
"Our room?" Yoojin asked nervously. Youngjae chuckled. 
 
"There's two beds, no need to worry. Don't you need your stuff as well?" 
 
"Yeah, they're at the university, I need to go back to get them." Yoojin said. Youngjae nodded and followed Mr. Park towards the gold elevators. 
 
"So, are you two having a romantic getaway?" Mr. Park asked in a smooth voice. Youngjae heard Yoojin gasp and shook his head. 
 
"N-no! We're just close friends! We've barely seen each other since Yoojin came to Paris for collage!" Youngjae explained quickly. Mr. Park smiled and said something under his breath and chuckled. As the gold doors opened and the elevator dinged, Mr. Park had let Youngjae and Yoojin on first before he walked in last and punched the twenty button. As the elevator moved, Mr. Park had explained to them that the twentieth floor had the most magnificent views of Paris and was where all the VIPs stayed when arriving in Paris. As the doors opened, Mr. Park took out the room card and walked down a long hallway and stopped in front of a double door and inserted the card into the slot by the handle. The light on the slot turned green and Mr. Park entered first. 
 
"Oh my god.." Yoojin said as she walked in behind Mr. Park. There was a giant window that displayed the cityscape of Paris. Looking to her left, Yoojin spotted the Eiffel Tower standing out proudly from the scenery and the glass peaks of The Louvre shining in the afternoon sun. Youngjae walked up beside her and also admired the scene laid out in front of them. He reached over and unlatched the sliding door to the balcony and stepped out. Yoojin gazed at him as he looked excitedly at the European styled buildings and smiled widely as his gaze swept the landscape. 
 
"Is this how I fell for him at first?" Yoojin said to herself, then shook her head and scolded herself mentally. 
 
"Youngjae, Yoojin, I'm heading out first!" Mr. Park said and waved at them both before exiting and shutting the door behind him.   
 
"Yoojin, do you want to go get your stuff now?" Youngjae asked from the outside. 
 
"Sure, let's go." Yoojin agreed. 
 
--------------------------------------------
 
"Wake up!" Youngjae prodded Yoojin on her side. She mumbled something incoherent and pushed her face deeper into her pillow. It was a sunny day in Amsterdam and it had been three weeks since they left Paris and had already been to Dublin and Barcelona. Youngjae sighed and adjusted the tank top he was wearing and sat on the side of her bed, poking her head. 
 
"Lee. Yoo. Jin. Wake. Up." he said and pouted when she didn't budge. Yoojin shifted her position on her bed and scrunched her eyebrows like she usually did when she was beginning to wake up. But what had happened next was something entirely strange and sudden to Youngjae. As he pulled her sheets away and began to tickle her sides, Yoojin seemed to let out a little growl and unconsciously grabbed his arms and brought him down onto her bed beside her and hugged him tightly. Youngjae gasped as she began to mumble words in her sleep. 
 
"Love you...I'm sorry." she mumbled and sighed as she buried her face into his back. 
 
"Let's start again, Youngjae, please." she whispered. Youngjae widened his eyes and turned his head to look at her as her eyes fluttered opened and she found herself hugging him tightly. She gasped and quickly let go of him and brought her hands to cover her face. Youngjae chuckled and took her hands gently. 
 
"That's new." he teased and Yoojin quickly shoved him away and he rolled off the bed and landed onto the carpeted floor. 
 
"Jae!" she whined and grabbed a pillow, aiming it at Youngjae. 
 
"Wait! No!" Youngjae cried and Yoojin launched the white fluffy pillow to his face. The pillow hit Youngjae's face with a soft thump and landed in his open hands. Youngjae flashed an evil grin at Yoojin and soon, they were chasing each other around their VIP suite. Yoojin squealed as Youngjae nearly hit her in the head with the pillow. Yoojin laughed and looked behind her to see Youngjae close behind her. He reached out, taking her arm into his hand, causing Yoojin to trip and fall onto Youngjae's bed, with Youngjae landing on top of her. 
 
"Ow!" Yoojin exclaimed and began to giggle Youngjae chuckled and pushed himself onto his hands and knees, hovering over Yoojin who was too busy giggling. Youngjae soon found himself staring at her features. Her wide smile, the small nose and the adorable laughter that emitted from her. Unconsciously, Youngjae lowered his face to Yoojin's as she stopped laughing. 
 
"What are you doing?" Yoojin asked nervously. Youngjae payed no attention to her question as he brushed his lips against her cheek. Yoojin seemed to have been holding her breath as he placed a soft kiss on her left cheek, then another kiss on her right. 
 
"Youngjae, I think we should—" Yoojin wasn't able to finish her sentence. Youngjae had planted his lips up against Yoojin's. An overwhelming feeling washed over Youngjae as he remembered his very first kiss with Yoojin, in the empty computer lab after their computer science class. It was magical and it seemed like he was reliving this moment again. Yoojin's trembling lips began to move up against his, feeling like she was practically begging him to kiss back, so he did. Youngjae missed this feeling dearly, how Yoojin's lips seemed to mold with his lips perfectly as they kissed. As he pulled away from her briefly, Yoojin let out a whine and Youngjae laughed as he laid down in his bed beside her and to his side, so he could see Yoojin. Cupping her face in one hand, he gently urged her to come closer to him and their lips met once again in a fiery and passionate kiss. 
 
"Let's not do anything today." Yoojin mumbled in between kisses. Youngjae grunted in agreement as he pulled her body close to him and let his hands wander to the hem of her t-shirt. 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Yoojin." Youngjae called gently as he gazed lovingly to the girl beside him on the bed, her back turned to him as she laid on her side. When she didn't reply, he turned her over to her back to see that her face was glowing a bright shade of red and she lifted her hands to cover her face in embarrassment. 
 
"What's there to be embarrassed about?" he asked while taking her hands away from her face. 
 
"Everything." She replied and to her front and buried her face into the pillow. Youngjae placed a hand on her , patting her gently and laughing lightly. 
 
"Oh, you were wonderful." 
 
"You saying that makes it worse!" Yoojin mumbled. 
 
"I'm pretty sure the whole floor could hear us!" She pouted and looked up at Youngjae. 
 
"Come on, Yoojin, it's only noon, we can still go out, grab lunch and explore!" Youngjae said as he picked up the garments of clothing littered on the floor and tossed them into the dirty laundry bag that they had. Yoojin reluctantly sat up, tugging the blanket up to her chest. 
 
"Oh, I already saw! Let's take a shower together so we can get out quicker!" Youngjae giggled and tugged on her arm. There was a mischievous smile that grew on Yoojin's face and she climbed off the bed and followed Youngjae into the washroom. 
 
After their shower, the pair dressed in casual clothing and grabbed their cameras and headed out the door. They spent the afternoon at a small café and wandering around the gorgeous streets together, hand in hand. This was probably the best moment in their entire lives, the feeling of being together again made them both feel like they were the happiest couple in the entire world. 
 
"Let's get married." Youngjae said suddenly as they watched the sunset from a hill in a park. Yoojin lowered the camera from her eyes.
 
"H-huh?" Yoojin seemed shocked. She watched as Youngjae pulled out a red ring box from his pack. He got down on one knee and watched as Yoojin's eyes filled with tears. 
 
"Lee Yoojin, will you marry me?" Youngjae asked. Yoojin squealed and set down her camera and threw her arms around Youngjae's neck. 
 
"Yes! Yes! Yes!" she cried and kissed Youngjae before he placed a ring on her finger and pecked her nose. 
 
"I love you." 
 
"I love you too." 
 
"Let's have a thousand children together." 
 
"What? No!" 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Youngjae!" Yoojin cried. The thumping of footsteps sounded from upstairs and Youngjae raced down the stairs. 
 
"The baby's coming! It's coming!" Yoojin gasped as she tried to catch her breath. Youngjae began to panic as he helped Yoojin from the floor and led her to their car. One of their neighbors were outiside while Youngjae fumbled for the keys to the car. 
 
"Youngjae! The baby's coming?" Their neighbor asked in English. 
 
"Yes! I need to get Yoojin to the hospital, quick!" Youngjae replied as Yoojin let out a groan. Their neighbor rushed over and snatched the keys from Youngjae's hands. 
 
"You're in no condition to drive to the hospital, let me help! I don't have anything planned, so I can help you! Get in the back with Yoojin, calm her down, I'll drive!" 
 
"Thank you so much!" Youngjae carefully sat Yoojin down in the back of their car and he climbed in with her, clutching her hand tightly. He placed her head on his shoulder and placed kisses on the top of her head. 
 
Soon, they got to the hospital and rushed in, seeing the situation, one of the nurses ran to them and guided them to a room where Yoojin was changed into a hospital gown and Youngjae was pushed out by a nurse and was forced to sit in the waiting room. Their neighbor came in and sat beside Youngjae. 
 
"Pretty nervous, huh?" He asked Youngjae. 
 
"Yeah, I hope Yoojin will be okay!" Youngjae said and rubbed his sweaty palms on his jeans. 
 
"Don't worry! I knew that when my wife was having our second child, she was in good hands, and Yoojin is too!"  
 
"Thanks." Youngjae was glad he and Yoojin had come to Canada three years ago, the citizens were so nice and helpful. After a few hours, a nurse walked in. 
 
"Mr. Yoo?" She asked. Youngjae stood up and walked to the nurse who led him to the hospital room where Yoojin was sitting upright and holding their child in her arms. 
 
"Youngjae, it's a girl." Yoojin said quietly. She was tired after hours of laborious pains and was happy that she was holding their precious daughter in her arms. 
 
"What should her name be?" Yoojin asked. 
 
"Melody?" Youngjae suggested. Yoojin nodded as Melody's tiny fingers wrapped around Yoojin's. 
 
"Melody Yoo, it has a nice ring to it." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: it was a bit rushed, hope you still liked it!