Parallel

Electric Shock

Tiffany couldn’t concentrate as images of Krystal kept flashing in her mind.

Her last visit to Jessica’s house didn’t exactly turn out the way she wanted.

 

She was startled as Jessica’s voice came within earshot. “Want some water?”

Tiffany turned and accepted the bottle. “Thanks.” She quickly drank it to avoid talking to Jessica.

Jessica felt something was off with Tiffany, but disregarded it for the time being.

----

On the other side of the sea, Krystal was committing numerous mistakes.

“Stop. Stop.” Victoria spoke.

“What’s wrong Krys? You seem to be so out of it. Are you having problems?” Victoria’s concern did nothing to appease Krystal.

Krystal looked down in contemplation. She bit her lip in an effort to restrain herself from telling them. “I..I’m fine. Let’s go on with the practice.”

Victoria nodded in acknowledgment as the group continued refining the steps for their new song.

----

“Tiffany, phone call!” Their manager irately yelled.

“Tell that person not to call during practice next time.” The manager said before handing her her mobile.

Tiffany nodded as she quickly went out the room to answer the call. She looked at the screen to find the name Krystal blinking on it. She wondered whether her manager knew who was calling.

“Hi.”

“Hey, what kept you?”

“Oh, the manager. We’re kind of in the middle of practice right now.”

“Oh,…right. Sorry. Bye.” The person on the other end hung up leaving Tiffany confused. Nonetheless, the tucked the phone into her pocket and returned to practice.

----

“Babo babo babo! She must think you’re an oddball right now.”

Amber’s smile made Krystal frown. “Are you talking to yourself Krys?”

“Yeah, it’s called self-talk and it’s healthy.”

“Where on earth did you pick that up?”

“I read psychology books.” Krystal responded defensively.

“Okay.” Amber raised her arms in mock surrender. Krystal then huffed towards her room and buried herself under a pillow.

----

A/N: Not proofread and uneventful. I promise to raise the stakes next time.