Resistance

Electric Shock

The following weeks of practice were like torture to Tiffany. She hasn’t found the time to talk to Krystal due to their hectic promotion schedule. Plus the single exchange between them after the incident did nothing to clear things up. On the contrary, it made Tiffany more anxious. Not knowing Krystal’s feelings was keeping her on edge.

“Tiffany, we’re up.” Taeyeon broke through her thoughts as they hurriedly entered the stage.

----

Just across the sea, Krystal felt just as troubled, if not more. She couldn’t shake off the feeling that she’s messed things up. She was well aware of the confusion Tiffany might be feeling, but she didn’t want to assume too much either. After all, who exactly was she to Tiffany?

Krystal started to bite her nails in worry.

“Krystal, quit biting your nails. You’re gonna mess up your lipstick.” Luna reprimanded.

Krystal quickly retreated her hand and stuck them to her sides as she waited for the staff to call them in. They were guests in a variety show.

Before long, her thoughts again fled towards Tiffany. She wanted to send her a text message, but she was too cowardly to do so. After that fiasco of a phone call, she avoided contact with Tiffany out of embarrassment and for fear of making herself look more idiotic than she already was. She shook her head as she tried to clear out thoughts of Tiffany. She had to focus on the show for now, lest there be any slip of the tongue.

----

Tiffany was heading to her room when she saw Jessica walking towards her while reading a book.

She hurriedly sprinted into the living room and pretended to get milk. She breathed a sigh of relief thinking Jessica hadn’t noticed.

Jessica proceeded to her room.

“What’s up with her?” She asked as she looked outside the door.

“Who?” Yoona apparently heard her.

“Oh, it’s nothing.” Jessica dismissed the thought.

Yoona had a suspicious look on her face. “Sica?”

“It’s nobody.” Jessica shrugged.

Yoona pointedly looked at her.

“Fine. It’s Tiffany.”

Yoona frowned. “Why?”

“Well, she’s been acting odd lately. She’s been avoiding me.”

“Maybe, you’re just thinking too much.”

Jessica sat beside her. “No, she really is avoiding me.”

Yoona tried to act nonchalant. She would find out later.

“Hey, what’s that you’re reading?” She tried to veer the conversation away from that topic.

“Oh, here, read it.” Jessica handed her the book.

“What? You know I don’t like reading.” Yoona instantly regretted her choice of topic.

“I swear you’ll enjoy it.” Jessica encouraged with a smile.

“I promise I won’t.” Yoona insisted with a thin smile.

“Yah! You promised you’d have a book club with me!” Jessica hit her on the arm.

“When did I ever agree to that?” Yoona rubbed her arm consolingly. She couldn’t really complain.

“When you asked me to forgive you after putting a cucumber under my pillow.” Yoona gaped. It figures.

“Sica, you’re unfair. You know that doesn’t count.” Yoona tried to protest with a cute pout.

“Cut that out.” Jessica pinched her cheeks. “You signed it on paper.”

“Really? I need the proof.”

Jessica pulled out a piece of paper from inside her drawer and gave it to Yoona.

Yoona took a peek. Finding her scrawny handwriting agreeing to that arrangement, she groaned. She had half a mind to tear the paper up, but she knew better than to upset Jessica.

She had to read the book now. Looks like her quick thinking failed her again. She had to talk with Tiffany later then.

----

A/N:

I'm so sorry for the long wait. I can't believe I left this at two chapters :( sorry guys.

Enjoy! (hopefully)

And I'm asking for book suggestions by the way. :)) What books did you like reading?