Prologue: Ambivalent Existence

Heavenly Agony

There is no light without shadow like there is no shadow without light.

 

When the light is gone, the shadow turns to darkness.

 

 

Medius Meadow

 

It is not a springtime. Not even the summer, nor the autumn, nor the winter. There are no seasons here, but the meadow is evergreen and the flowers are forever blooming in every spectrum of colors. The wind is always warm and calm. The rainbow is always above the purple sky.

Some angels love to sing. And so do this bright angel with white wings and dark ebony hair who sings with a warm heavenly voice.

“I love to sing here,” said the angel.

As he sings, the cherry blossoms bloom from the green trees. The birds sing along through the tunes, like a hymn at heaven’s gate. The soft grass like a green tapestry dance to the melody. While dandelion buds flies in the atmosphere.

“Dio… how I wonder the colors must be so beautiful,” a dark figure praises the wonder.

His black wings contrasts among the colorful meadow.“I.. my kind.. can only see in black and white. But I can see how wonderful the cherry blossoms bloom suddenly by your voice.”

Dio stares deeply through the eyes. “You have a pair of beautiful deep burgundy Garnet eyes. Strangely I adore your eyes, even when it looks eerie sometimes.”

The black angel throws a little smile, “At least I still can see the colors of the eyes. Yours are beautiful too. Hessonite, isn’t it? The Cinnamon Stone. The light-brown Garnet.”

 

Somehow the clouds can freeze the minds. Like a lullaby that seduces someone to the field of dream. Love has taken Dio’s heart.

“I understand they create us with perfect reasons and meanings. Kai, among these differences, basically we are similar. Right?“ Dio asks.

Kai gazes to the sun. The clear sky looks so mysterious when he realizes there are still unlimited realms above. It feels so hard for him to hide his fear.

“For the sake of creation, you are the white angel, made of light. Meanwhile I am the black angel, made of shadow. And we live in the different separated heavens.”

 

Getting closer, Dio breaks his hesitancy and embraces Kai with his white wings. He touches Kai’s huge black wings gently with his delicate fingers. As if the time stops, the misery in each other’s hearts stops for a while.

“But we are angels. We are the same kind, aren’t we?” the light-brown Garnet eyes widened.

“Yes, we are.” Kai tries to hold his feelings to kiss the heart-shaped lips, “Angels.”

 

“Why can’t we love?” the most admirable pout comes from Dio as his widening eyes try to everything like a black hole.

“Don’t blame the love. The love is innocent being. But we can’t against our origins and written destiny.” The dark-skin hands touch the soft blushing cotton-like cheeks.

In a perfect air among the sweet breeze, they feel so breathless.

 

Dio flies higher to reach the thick lips of the black angel, “Why can’t we run away from here?”

Biting his own lips, Kai turns away. “They will take our souls.”

And then the silence falls.

The perplexity of the bliss and the grief creates a great peculiar transparent wall between them.