Chapter 2

You and Your Scent

“Okay class. Before we begin, how if we made some agreement?” she tried to make her first step. It’s not her first time teaching, but somehow it feels different.

“How about, I’ll give you a bar of chocolate, if you can have perfect score on tests or quizzes.” And now the class is answering her with loud cheer.

“And… for the one who have the best score by the end of this semester….” She pauses and smiles at the excited face of her new class.

“You can ask me for anything. But please not too expensive…I’m still a temporary teacher here” she grins and the whole class laughing at her.

“Can I take that as a yes?” and the class said yes.

“Okay. Now, open your book. Oh wait. I forgot to tell you something. I don’t have fixed schedule for quizzes. So please, be prepared” and by that, the class now groans.

Nice one. L.Joe thought to himself. He’s now totally interested in her. Not just because her pretty face, but she’s funny.

*after class*

L.Joe stays on the class, waiting for his girlfriend. He texted her but she didn’t reply him. So he decided to wait while reading his book. It’s kinda weird but L.Joe loves to read over what he learned today at school.

Meanwhile, ChanHee is on her way back to the teacher’s room when she passed L.Joe’s class and found out that he’s still there.

She knocks on the door, making L.Joe close his book. “Can I come in?” She asked in a cute way.

“Sure Miss Lee” again, he tried to be polite to her. She walks to him while looking for something on her bag. Then she takes out a chocolate bar, and gave it to him. “This is for you, thank you for showing me the way to this school, L.Joe”

He smiles but not taking the chocolate. She asked him “Why? You don’t like chocolate?” she tilts her head a little, making a cute face.

“No, I like chocolate very much, Miss Lee” He takes the chocolate from her, making her smile.

“Just call me ChanHee. The class is over already.” She smiled

“But we’re still at school, Miss Lee” he smiled back at her

“But…” She pouts

“But I will call you ChanHee if we meet outside the school” he flashes his best smile, that knocks down almost every girl he knows. And now it happens to ChanHee. She’s blushing by just seeing his smile.

Omo. His smile. So handsome. Chanhee thought herself.

“Can we meet outside the school , Miss Lee?”

“S-sure, L.Joe” She’s still in a daze after seeing his smile.

“Since you’re new here, I’ll show you around the town”

“That would be great” suddenly she feels so happy, imagine she’ll having a tour.

“Well, as you said, the class is over. Are you free now, Miss Lee?”

“Uh? I still have something to do at the office, but it’ll be quick”

“Great. I’ll be waiting outside the gate then, Miss Lee” he took his bag and nods at her before leaving her alone in the class.

She blinks several time. Cannot register what happen just now.

Is he asking me to go out with him today? Oh…for the tour?

After finally understand the meaning, she walks back to her office. Settling her things, she greets the rest of the teacher and then left the school.

Not far from school, L.Joe is standing by the big tree, waiting for her. When he saw her coming near, he’s waving at her. She saw him and then walking so fast to his place.

“Sorry to keep you waiting” she said. L.Joe smiled at her. “It’s okay ChanHee. I know you’re busy”

To hear him calling her name, her heart beats faster.

“Shall we go now?” He asked her, and she just nod. “Since it’s just a small town, we will just walking around it today. Is that okay?” again she just nod.

When they’re walking, L.Joe keeps on asking question to her. He was trying to make ChanHee talk more with his questions. And it works. Now ChanHee is talking on her own, telling him stories about her ious teaching experience.

When they arrived at the end of the street, he asked her. “Where do you live, ChanHee?”

She pointed a white painted small house. “I live there” she said. “Oh, then we’re neighbor. You see that house at the end of the street over there? I live there, with my parents” and she follows his finger and saw a big mansion.

“Well, I think that’s enough for today” he said

“But you haven’t show me all” she pouted

“I know, but if I show you everything today, then I’ll have no chance to call you ChanHee again” and she blush.

“Can we walk again tomorrow after school, ChanHee?” he asked her, while staring into her eyes.

“S-sure, L.Joe”

“Wonderful” they stop in front of ChanHee’s house. “See you tomorrow, ChanHee”

“Thank you L.Joe. See you tomorrow” she wave him goodbye and get inside her home.

ChanHee ChanHee ChanHee. I love to call that name over and over again.

ChanHee ChanHee ChanHee. I love to hear your voice calling my name over and over again.