The Skies

Cheating Death HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do Kyungsoo!”

“No come here, Dodo!”

“I need your help Kyungsoo-sshi!”

 

A frustrated Kyungsoo groaned loudly before plopping down onto the clouds. His wings deflated from the air and weakly flapped down next to his arms, which seemed just as tense as his face.

“If they haven’t noticed, there are other angels around…” He grumbled before sighing. “Why do they keep calling me?!”

His 10 second silence was immediately interrupted when loud, clumsy flaps of wings sounded behind him. The owner of the wings fell onto the clouds, a loud grunt escaping his lips. Kyungsoo’s head turned towards the wreckage and sighed, his hand pinching the bridge of his nose.

“What do you want, Chanyeol?” He mumbled with closed eyes. The tall, baby-faced male sent a sheepish grin before rubbing the back of his neck.

“Um, well you look stressed right now-“

“I am stressed.” Kyungsoo interrupted, another sigh escaping his lips. “So please make it quick.” He mumbled as nicely as possible.

“Oh, um well…” Chanyeol fidgeted, unsure whether he should say it or not.

“Park Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo grunted, a little more stern this time.

“Okay fine!” Chanyeol blurted with wide eyes. “Um well…”

 

 

 

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun! This is the 5th time this week!” Kyungsoo groaned before unlocking the large gates of heaven with the spare keys Zeus kept in his office. The shorter male smiled awkwardly while holding up a peace sign, which earned a smack in the head from Chanyeol.

“Ow!” He hissed, hitting the taller male back on the shoulder.

“Both of you, stop it.” Kyungsoo scolded while he pushed the gates open. The lines of deceased Korean people outside seemed endless seeing that Baekhyun had lost the keys from that morning. Their expressions were not happy and they definitely seemed impatient.

“How could you lose the keys again?” Kyungsoo sighed while he checked off the names one by one as the new group of angels passed by. “Is your job that hard?” He asked with a hint of sarcasm.

“Well-“Baekhyun started only to be interrupted by Chanyeol, who slapped a hand over the shorter male’s mouth.

Kyungsoo shook his head with a frown before handing the list back to Baekhyun in an impatient manner. “Whatever. Finish up your job,” he mumbled. “And Chanyeol, go back to your own job of being a messenger. Since you’re not doing your job, everyone’s asking me for help!” He complained before flying away tiredly. Chanyeol blinked at the flying figure before sending a shrug to Baekhyun, who sent a shrug back.

 

 

 

“Come in.”

A loud, authoritative voice boomed even outside the door, sending shivers down Kyungsoo’s spine. He timidly pushed the door open and snuck his head through the door to see the God of the Sky looking at the screen of his laptop with a serious gaze. The respected male looked up from the screen and met eyes with the round eyed male. He immediately sent a fatherly smile to the angel before standing up from his seat.

“Come in, Kyungsoo!” He exclaimed as he headed over to the couch. The God plopped down onto the seat comfortably before sending another smile to the boy. “How has today been so far? Report to me about the Korean Angel Residents.” He asked.

Kyungsoo bowed slightly before heading over to the seat across from the older male. “Hello, Mr. Zeus.”

His greeting earned a roll of Zeus’ eyes as he waved his hand in a careless manner. “I told you, just call me Zeus. It’s been almost two years  already!”

Kyungsoo laughed awkwardly before shaking his head. “I’m fine, but I am here to report back to you about the new Korean Residents in the sky today.”

Zeus chuckled before nodding his head. “Okay then. So how much people entered heaven today in Korea?”

Kyungsoo opened the folder in his hand as his eyes gazed over the words in a rather fast manner. “439 people passed away today, but 389 of them were able to enter Heaven’s gates. The other 50 people were sent to the Underworld.” He reported.

Zeus nodded while another question escaped his mou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter