The Underworld

Cheating Death HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Go HwiJae, age 57. Cause of death: lung cancer.”

 

Click.

 

“Person deleted.” A computerized voice spoke from the speakers as Luhan closed the tab. He let out an exhausted sigh before opening up a new tab that kept the records of the deceased. His eyes narrowed at the amount of people dead as a smug smirk crept onto his lips.

“Hm, 439 people dead today in Korea. Not bad.” He muttered to himself before turning off the monitor. Luhan’s voice was just purely angelic; it was as a light as a sweet, delightful melody.

Except, he wasn’t an angel at all.


He was the exact opposite.

 

 

 

Before exiting his office, Luhan looked up at the old fashioned grandfather clock that seemed to tower over everything else in the office.

11:47pm.

 He huffed slightly at the fact that he stayed way over time again. His shift was supposed to be finished almost 4 hours ago, but he insisted that he cover the other worker’s shift too.

The said male just couldn’t help it; Xi Luhan was a born workaholic, and he definitely didn’t enjoy others poking at his work.

Tired from the large amount of work he had today, he impatiently grabbed his coat before heading out of his office. His secretary greeted him with a wide, overly seductive smile while twirling a lock of her red hair between her fingers. Uninterested, Luhan sent a small nod to the girl as he headed towards the elevator.

“Lock up after you’re done,” He muttered and carelessly flung the keys to the girl. Her eyes widened at his rash movement and fidgeted to catch the object that was thrown at her recklessly. She sent a small glare as his back was turned towards her but the female couldn’t stay mad at him.

 

He was the Korean son of Hades after all.


And he was a pretty good-looking one at that, too.

 

 

“Lulu!” A childish voice rang through Luhan’s phone. With a grimace, he pulled the phone away and groaned audibly into the mic.

“Will you shut it, Baozi.” He grumbled, attacking back. Luhan could literally hear the frown in his voice and a proud smirk appeared on his lips.

“Be quiet,” Xiumin mumbled. “How’s the Underworld work in Korea these days? Father all over you or anything?” He asked, a quiet snicker following not long after.

“Not really, it’s not so bad. I’ve gotten used to it.” He replied back while he stared at the elevator as it headed down about 30 stories. “How’s China?” Luhan continued, his voice becoming softer at the mention of his mother’s home country.

“Same old, same old. With the increasing population, the deaths just keep coming.” Xiumin sighed. “…Do you miss her? Your mom?” He whispered. Luhan flinched at the question slightly and felt a lump in his throat.

“…I’ll talk to you later. Bye Xiumin.” Luhan stated coldly before hanging up on his half-brother.

At the same time, a bing rang in the elevator, snapping him out of his thoughts. The doors soon slid open to reveal the lobby of the building. Since it was late, the area was almost empty with a few workers hanging around during their break. Luhan locked the phone and stuffed it in the pocket of his coat before walking out of the elevator. A cold aura was emitted into the room immediately, making heads turn towards the direction.

Luhan ignored the stares as he strutted down the aisle towards the revolving doors. Both his hands were placed in the pockets of his black jeans while his dark, empty eyes stared straight ahead. His silver hair was probably what attracted the most attention – it was a trait he’s been born with.

 

“That’s Hades’ son.”


“He’s so hot!!!”


“That boy looks like an angel. Someone that looks like that doesn’t belong in the Underworld.”


“Is he an angel in disguise?”


“Shhh, he’s coming this way!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter