Crush

Incomprehensible Love

"Hello, everyone! My name is Lee HyukJae! I hope we can work well together..."

EunHyuk continued to mumble as he dried his hair. He put on his watch and checked the time: 4.30 a.m. He sighed in relief and grabbed his blue school bag. He ran down the stairs and started to make breakfast.

A few minutes later, his elder sister, Lee So Ra, came into the kitchen and joined him. At ten past 5, the Lee siblings were ready to leave and said their goodbyes to their parents, who have just woke up.

Since their school is near, they reached in fifteen minutes' time. EunHyuk and his elder sister separated, as his sister is a senior and therefore, has to attend her own classes, whereas EunHyuk himself had two hours' time to look around his new school.

Two hours' time passed fairly quickly, and EunHyuk made a few friends, namely KangIn, who's as strong as EunHyuk's dad; RyeoWook, who's fairly small but seriously talkative, and LeeTeuk, a boy who resembled a professional mc in terms of the way he talks. It's obvious that a shy boy like EunHyuk would attract loud and outgoing people. Well, all's well ends well. EunHyuk thought happily as he was dragged by his newfound freshman friends to the large hall where the Principal of SM College, Lee Soo Man, will give a speech.

The group of friends went silent at the sight of a cramped hall. The hall is enormous, and is presently filled with what seems like thousands of students. Unusually, all the students were quiet. The small group of boys squeezed their way into the corner of the hall where a vertical banner that read [1ST GRADERS] was hung from the ceiling. There were two other banners, with words [2ND GRADERS] and [3RD GRADERS] hung from the ceiling, covering different groups of students.

Ten minutes passed and soon teachers started to guide the students to stand in straight rows. In a flash, the hall became spacious and neat again.
EunHyuk ignored the whispers exchanged among his friends as he concentrated on the Principal's speech. When the speech was over, the second and third graders left the hall.

"Yah, what happened? Why are they closing the doors? We haven't exited yet!" KangIn became flustered as he looked around him hurriedly, looking at what the other freshmen were doing. EunHyuk sighed and explained, "The Principal told us to check the boards in front of the stage. From there, we can find out which classes we are going to be in. Then, we will line up in front of the sign with our class's number on it." Everyone who didn't listen to the previous speech heard EunHyuk's explanation and nodded. LeeTeuk pointed to the teachers who were busy placing signs to form a long row, while students buzzed around the large information boards. The group of friends made their way through the crowds and started to scan the boards.

"Oh! I'm in class A!" RyeoWook's high-pitched voice sounded in EunHyuk's ears and this made him to more nervous as he haven't found his class yet. "Ah, I'm in class A too!" It was LeeTeuk this time.

"Awww, I'm in D. Hahaha, whatever. We can always meet during lunch breaks." KangIn reasoned. "Which class are you in?" KangIn turned to EunHyuk. EunHyuk hummed in response as he searched for his name...under class C. Seeing EunHyuk's shoulders drop, KangIn laughed and slapped EunHyuk on the back---hard. EunHyuk almost choked on air as he turned around to glare at his friend. KangIn laughed and they made their way to their respective lines.

Suddenly facing so many strangers, EunHyuk could only look to the side where KangIn was standing. KangIn flashed him a reassuring smile and started to make friends with his future classmates. EunHyuk bit his lower lip and stared at the wooden floor. He was too shy to talk to the people around him. But then again, it has always been difficult for EunHyuk to make friends...ever since that incident back in middle school that made everyone hate hi---No, he will not be stuck in the past anymore. This is a new year, which means a new start. There is no way that he is going to relive those painful memories.

EunHyuk snapped out of his thoughts when the teacher in front of his line directed them out the door. EunHyuk shuffled his way behind a random girl and soon, he was sitting at a table in the middle of a spacious classroom that was miles from the teacher's table. As you can probably tell, EunHyuk is a good, hardworking student who gets surprisingly average grades. He usually aims to get front-row seats, but this time, it was a no go since the people in front of him got to them first. The teacher then excused herself to take the attendance card from the office, and suddenly EunHyuk didn't know what to do.

At first, he took out his notebook and pencil case and placed them on his rectangular wooden table. He arranged them neatly and relaxed into his hard, wooden chair. Left with boredom once again, EunHyuk glanced to the side. His seatmate was a boy with chubby cheeks and fair skin. The boy didn't seem to mind the boredom as he tapped his fingers on his own table. When he finally caught EunHyuk's gaze, he turned his head and gave a small smile to EunHyuk.

"Hello. Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Sung Min. You can call me SungMin."

EunHyuk tried to hide his nervousness, but he couldn't stop fidgeting with his black school trousers. "U-Um...Nice to meet you too. I'm Lee Hyuk Jae...you can call me E-EunHyuk if you want..." EunHyuk mumbled the whole sentence, but SungMin seemed to have superman hearing as he replied, "Oh! That's interesting. Do people call you EunHyuk for a reason?"

SungMin seemed to have noticed his seatmate's nervousness, so he decided to be friendlier towards the seemingly nice guy. Usually he'd only treat women properly, but this is an exception. "Uh...y-yeah...all my close friends and relatives call me EunHyuk because I used to have a classmate with the same name as me. To prevent confusion, I did some research and gave myself the nickname 'EunHyuk'...Eun...means...silver...because I like Silver." EunHyuk looked down, feeling embarassed.

Instead of laughing or teasing, SungMin continued to encourage EunHyuk. "I see! That's quite an interesting past! You don't have to be embarassed. At least EunHyuk sounds nice. The people around me calls me 'Minnie' sometimes, and I feel like a girl! Eugh. Not that I don't understand how you feel though." SungMin laughed. EunHyuk felt himself loosening up and laughing along with his---hopefully--- new friend.

Just then, the same teacher entered the classroom and by using a mic, she told the class that she is going to be their teacher-in-charge for the year. Then, she started reading the first name on the attendance: "Ahn Daniel-ssi, please come forward to the front and introduce yourself." A boy with brown hair skipped to the front and started to introduce himself with ease. SungMin was enjoying himself, concentrating on the introductions when he remembered about his shy seatmate. He glanced to the right and...BINGO~ His seatmate is muttering introductions under his breath.

SungMin nudged EunHyuk abit before whispering, "Hey! Don't worry about anything, alright? Just go with the flow! Greet the class, say your name, bow, and there you have it! Everyone will like you, don't--- Oh my gosh! Lee Byung Hun...we are on the Lee's already?! Whatever. It seems like you'll go before me though." SungMin muttered the last two sentences nonchalantly.

Once SungMin finished talking, he immediately stared at his lap, missing the introductions of the next few people. Soon, EunHyuk heard his name being announced. He walked to the front and stood up straight, facing the class. After a flawless introduction, he bowed and looked at SungMin, who gave him a thumbs-up.

EunHyuk smiled at SungMin, before his eyes trailed to the guy sitting behind his seat. He couldn't tear his gaze away from his more-or-less seatmate who was busy looking at his phone under his drawer. EunHyuk was able to keep calm, but he could not stop staring at the guy. As soon as EunHyuk sat down, he asked his SungMin about the guy who caught his attention.

"Him? Urh...his introduction was just a few names before yours; I guess you missed it, since his introduction was awfully short. Your intro was much better!" SungMin smiled, showing his white teeth before proceeding with his reply, "I think that guy is... Lee Dong Hae. Something like that." Before SungMin could ask, his name was called out by the teacher, so he left for the front. EunHyuk clenched the part of his shirt where he believed his heart was and tried his best to concentrate on SungMin's cheerful introduction.

I...I think I'm in love with Lee DongHae...A guy.