The Kims

Affluenza

--~*+*~-:- The Kims-:-~*+*~--

 

Part of him wasn’t surprised to find the scantily dressed woman doing the walk of shame out of the house early in the morning. It was something he’d grown up seeing, but he’d never developed immunity for it, which was why he lived in a penthouse suit instead of his own home. Easier to know it was going on, than seeing it happen he guessed.

 

“Hyung…”Jongin called shocked to see he’s older brother in the house, coming in from his morning run. The moment he’d moved in, the older male had moved out saying he couldn’t stomach living with him, never returning again –until then. A part of him was filled with hope that he’d changed his mind about him, but he wasn’t foolish enough to dare to hope it.

 

The last person Woobin wanted to see at the moment was the kid, because he was a living reminder of the alternative consequences of the revolving door of women his father had –he didn’t need that after running into one of them. “This doesn’t change anything,” cutting off any sentimentally the kid might have toward him being there, rushing up the stairs to get what he’d come for wanting to be out as quickly as possible. The entire house was suffocating, despite it being large.

 

Jongin should have gotten used to it, his brother’s constant rejection of him for something he couldn’t control. But, it didn’t hurt less each time it happened. Was he really that disgusting that his hyung couldn’t even dredge up a bit of civility instead of constant annoyance? He tried not to be seen or heard by him, but that changed nothing. He was a result of an affair, and that wouldn’t change today or the day after to his brother and that was something he would just have to endure.

 

“Young master will you–” Ara, the house keeper began to ask the young teen, but he rushed past her without even a glance in her direction.

 

“–I’m not hungry, sorry Ajumma,” tears annoyingly stinging his eyes as he scaled the stairs in record time to lock himself in his room, until Woobin left. He wanted to hate him, he wanted to hate him so much, but he just couldn’t –it hurt too much.

 

Ara sighed, understanding the boy’s rush when the eldest son came down the stairs with bag in tow. She wasn’t blind to the animosity the oldest boy had for his little brother, but she didn’t have authority to mention it. Her only remedy for the situation was to be there when they needed her. “You won’t eat either,” she questioned the boy she’d seen growing up who was planning to rush past her without a word.

 

“Maybe next time,” he charmed with a force smile that didn’t reach his eyes and wink. The only good thing about the house he supposed was Ara, but she still wasn’t enough to make him stay. He continued his exit, not looking back to see the dejection on her face. He needed something to get his mind off things.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

“Hyoyeonie, get up food’s ready,” Jaejoong yelled for his little sister, who probably wanted to sleep a century after the night she had. He supposed it was his horrible influence that led her down the path of partying and drinking hard, and despite his words of caution hadn’t been able to deter her.

 

Groaning, Hyoyeon burrowed further into her pillow, “Could you not yell? My head’s being mean.” She definitely shouldn’t have had all those shots last night, and she was pretty sure that if she opened her eyes the sun would attempt to burn her eyes and brain further –no thank you.

 

“Congratulation you have a hangover, and guess what? I don’t care,” he replied smacking her bum with a wooden spatula, to encourage her waking. “Get up, we have a plane to cat catch in 4 hours and you’re making us late.”  It wasn’t his fault she’d volunteered to help him at the restaurant during her vacation that was on her, and he run a tight schedule when it came to his kitchen.

 

With a less than impressed glare, she rubbed her poor abused bottom trying to ease the sting. Who knew a wooden spatula could do such damage. “If it leaves a bruise, I swear I’ll shave your head and eyebrows, Oppa,” wincing when her threat back fired on her as her head pounded retaliatory to her yell.

 

“Yes, yes I love you too. Now come and eat,” Jaejoong yelled back unapologetically, returning to their penthouse’s kitchen to plate, the said food. He hoped his parents would forgive him for being such a bad influence on his dongsaeng. At least he’d managed to give her a much more privileged life than he would ever imagine for them.