Character Race

♛ ℳidnight Hollow University ♛ - OPEN NOW! COME JOIN US! LATE HALLOWEEN EVENT IN PROGRESS! WE NEED OUR WOLVES!

Vampires

 

 

i

Details

Seemingly human, these undead creatures wear flawless, porcelain skin that complement their ethereal, well-defined features. A brief touch of their skin would yield the feeling akin of tracing the smooth, nearly-impenetrable surface of granite. Their retractable, sharp fangs are usually well-concealed within pale lips, but increasing thirst for blood will instinctively force their appearance with their primal nature of prey hunting rearing its head. After feeding, tints of pink and red will become more pronounced on their cheeks and eyes as blood coursed through their veins. Although animal blood is a common source of food for them, it is insufficient in satisfying their hunger, unless it is from their mates. They do not possess the power to heal themselves naturally when they are injured, but the process can be sped up considerably if they ingest a copious amount of blood from other vampires or humans. Every vampire bears a birthmark/magically imbued tattoo at random places of their body that allows them to be immune to the sun, making them almost immortal but they are killed when it is destroyed/ripped out of their body in front of a burning sun.

Pure Blood/Royal Blood Maker Abilities

Empathic Link:
They are able to sense the death, pain and distress of their progeny. In rare cases where the bonds were particularly strong, the experiences felt by their progeny’s can be mirrored in theirs. For example, the pain caused by the bodily injuries present in their progeny would be present roughly in the spot on the maker’s body. However, it is unknown if a progeny has the ability to do the same. If the maker's bonds are broken through death, both sides would undergo deep grief and loss.


Summoning:
They are able to "tug" their progeny to their general location by mentioning the name of the progeny firmly, drawing on the maker's bonds between them. Their progeny would then feel a shiver. It is possible for their progeny to resist the strong pull of calling through strong concentration and intense battling of minds.


Command:
They are able to instruct their progeny under their command and this is enforced when they say, "As your maker, I command you." Shall their progeny refuse; their entire body will gradually be tortured with the illusion of being on fire until "As your maker, I revoke my command" is said. This ability will cease to work if their progeny is released.


Release:
They are able to release their progeny by saying, "As your maker, I release you." Although this grants their progeny complete freedom, weaker maker's bonds are still maintained between their progeny and them. They are aware if their progeny encounters death, pain and distress, but they are no longer affected by the effects of the maker's bonds. Their progeny will no longer feel a tug when called, or have knowledge of the maker's location but their progeny would be conscious of the process.

 

c

Classes

Pure Bloods [Open to all Vampire RP members who has been at Midnight Hollow for more than two months]
Their bloodline nearly unhampered by humans, they are the most powerful class of vampire in existence. Because of the immense aura that they exude, they are able to compel younger vampires or Royal Bloods into submission in varying degrees, depending on how powerful the victims are. Their venoms are extremely potent, and will not heal as easily as other injuries.

Choose 2 Vampire-specific ability and 1 Specialized Ability.

Royal Bloods
They are an elite class that originally served the highest of Pure Bloods in the ancient times, before some became restless under the reign and pursued freedom from their Makers. Thus, Blood War ensued and chaos reigned in the Vampire World. Both sides suffered from losses and destruction. Eventually, a treaty was drawn to ensure the survival of the race. Unbound from their previous masters, the survivors formed their own covens, which eventually, became prominent lineages that were recognized in the Vampire World.

Choose 1 Vampire-specific ability and 1 Specialized Ability.

Dhamphirs
Half-breeds from the union of a human and a full-fledged vampire, they retain a more humanlike appearance compared to other vampires. They are not born with any specialized power but in return, they are naturally quicker with reflexes and heightened strength and agility, as compared to Pure Bloods and Royal Bloods. However, they are also more vulnerable to injuries. Because of the human genes present in their blood, Pure Bloods are unable to exert their authority over these hybrids, but they can still be weakened by Glamoring.

Choose 2 Vampire-specific abilities.

Progenies/Normal [Can only be chosen in RP after Humans are turned into Vampires in RP.]
They are humans that have been turned by Pure Blood or Royal Blood. Until they are released with sufficient knowledge of the vampire laws, they are required to stay with their maker, bound by the Maker Bond. Extremely sensitive to the sun as a fledgling, it is possible for them to lose control of their stronger thirst of blood as they are unused to restraining their vampiristic side. Humans in their near vicinity are susceptible to sudden attacks. It is a possibility for them to be considered as a Royal Blood [Real Life - 1 month] with Maker’s Bond intact after developing a specialized ability.

Choose 1 Vampire-specific ability.

 

Wolves

 

 

D

Details

Despite not being equipped with claws and teeth in human form, they are equally dangerous with the blood and instincts of a wolf manoeuvring the body with animalistic fluidity. Because of this, they have inherently keener sense of hearing and smell compared to normal humans. Not only that, they have impeccable eyesight that allow them to scope out far distances and see in the dark. The rise of the full moon awakens their animalistic side and they may become more restless with the urge to shift with the tide of energy that the moon brings. Wolves exhibit typical submission gestures when faced with a member of higher rank in the pack to show respect and avoid confrontation, even in human form. Pack animals by nature, their furry bodies may be seen sprinting across the forests of Midnight Hollow during their pack run. Wolves are capable of healing themselves from any physical injuries at an extremely quick rate, except for the wounds that are inflicted by the venom of a Vampire.

 

c

Classes

Alphas [Open to all Wolf RP members who has been at Midnight Hollow for more than two months]
Dominating the rest of the pack with superior physical prowess, they are generally respected as leaders, assuming responsibilities when pack decisions are made. Even in human form, they are able to exert the force of their aura over wolves of lower rank by voice, eye contact or body language. Disobedience to them will result in serious repercussions. Alphas are able to communicate with their pack members mentally with lowered mental barriers, due to pack bond. Although there are no limitations to the distance between the wolves, it can only be exercised in wolf form. Bites, scratches and wounds inflicted by them will not heal as easily as other injuries. Their bites can transform a human into a Wolf, who will automatically become their pack member, unless disowned or abandoned. An Alpha of the pack can force Betas to shift against their will.

Choose 2 Wolf-specific abilities and 1 Specialized Ability.

Betas
They are inferior to Alpha in the pack hierarchy but because of their association with a pack, they are considered stronger than an Omega. Respect is usually deferred to those in the Beta rank with comparatively larger build, greater strength or a more dominant personality but it is not permanent, they are constantly testing each other to establish rank.

Choose 1 Wolf-specific ability and 1 Specialized Ability.

Omegas
They are commonly referred as the lone wolf as they are without pack or Alpha. Wolves can fall under this rank by choice, when they are forced out of a pack or by circumstance. They are still able to wield specialized abilities, but are considered weaker compared to others because they do not fall under the protection of the pack.

Choose 1 Wolf-specific ability and 1 Specialized Ability.

 

ANGELS/ DAEMONS

 

 

a

aNGELS - dETAILS

As benevolent celestial beings, who act as intermediaries between Heaven and Earth, they are guardian spirits of castitas (chastisity), temperantia (temperance), caritas (charity), industria (diligence), patientia (patience), benevolentia (kindness) and humilitas (humility), who protect and guide human beings to the path of light from darkness. [RP-er, please pick your Virtue.] As they are aligned with the good side of morality, they cannot commit serious acts out of negative motivations and emotions such as anger or sadness or they will stray towards eternal damnation. Their pure white wings are concealed by a faint glow of grace, that is only detectable by other Angels and Daemons. They are forbidden to attach themselves romantically or indulge in ual love, or they will be cast out of the Heaven as mere mortals when found out by the higher authority. They will resume a human life after the painful process of wings being cut and powers being stripped away.

All Basic Angel Abilities + 1 Specialized Ability.

 

d

dAEMONS - dETAILS

Descendants of the original seven deadly sins, luxuria (lechery/lust), gula (gluttony), avaritia (avarice/greed), acedia (sloth/discouragement), ira (wrath), invidia (envy) and superbia (pride), they roamed the Earth to tempt mortals into falling into their prey and feed from their corruption. [RP-er, please pick your Sin.] They assume a human form, gaining more and more power as they consumed the sins of the guilty until they are rendered dead or insane. They are usually incapable of having any real human emotions, as they are divine spirits that thrived on the presence of human conflicts. They will grow weak if deprived from their feeding, and be banished to purgatory when the power that maintain their existence is depleted.

All Basic Daemon Abilities + 1 Specialized Ability.

 

oTHER mAGICAL CREATURES

 

 

i

mERMAIDS/mERMEN - dETAILS

Teasing with their shapely lips and enchanting, dulcet voices, they are the cousins of infamous sirens who drowns sailors to their death. With their natural affinity for water, they usually can’t go stay away from bodies of water for a long period of time as they would feel dryness in their skin and a constant longing for a swim. Sightings of generally long tresses and streamlined bodies disappearing into the moonlight reflected on Midnight Hollow’s lake, amongst playful splashes, have been whispered around campus but it takes a very lucky individual to stumble upon them as they have mastered the art of hiding their true identities. They are known to be hoarders of the treasures they fancy. One can identify them in their true forms with different variations from gleaming scales weaving seamlessly into human skin at the waist from their fusiform tails.

All Basic Mermaid Abilities + 1 Specialized Mermaid/Merman Ability.

 

c

wITCHES/wARLOCKS

There has been rumors of them gaining their magical powers when they sold their souls to the demons but they are generally human beings born with the power of magic, with knowledge and skills being passed down from generations through the blood of their ancestors. Each of them possesses the fundamental skills of casting spells, brewing potions and the ability to acquire information through divination. Some of them taps into natural sources of magic to aid them, while some might strengthen their powers by killing other magical creatures and absorbing their magic.

All Witch/Warlock Abilities.

 

hUMANS

 

 

D

Details

From thousands of hopeful applicants, they are chosen to study in Midnight Hollow to graduate successfully as the cream of the crop in their chosen field.

c

Classes

Prefects (Humans only - Currently 1 for each House)
They are selected students who are in charge of keeping the existence of the supernatural discreet. They ensure the peace within each race, and that no humans are harmed by the tension between the supernatural creatures. They attend classes during the day and patrol the grounds at night time.

One weapon of their choice.

Normal students
They are ordinary and blissfully unaware of the supernatural world around them. Vampires? Wolves? Mermaids? They are merely fleeting fantasies from a child's storybook and this world is too advanced for these mythological creatures. To them, fame and fortune are only a few years away.