PART II

Right Here, Right Now

 


Days go, weeks passed. Feelings gradually changed. Tao and Kris’s relationship status changed from friends to boyfriends. It’s interesting to Tao how this all happened so fast. They’re not in high school anymore so it’s perfectly acceptable to move that fast. But he’s glad Kris decided to appear in his life and make him happy.

 

Their first fight came in when Tao talked about Baekhyun.

 

“Hey. Can you accompany me back in Korea?” Tao asked one afternoon. They were cuddling in Tao’s bed. Kris has suggested they move in together but Tao decline. He said he wanted to stay with his parents for a while. Kris, luckily, respected his decision.

“Why?” Kris eyed his boyfriend.

“It’s about Baekhyun.” Tao uncomfortably mentioned his ex’s name. He felt Kris’s arms let go of him and he knows this talk won’t be an easy one.

“Baekhyun? Your ex?”

Tao nods in confirmation Kris in turn let out a mocking laughing.

“Do you miss him?”

“No.” Tao said defensively. Kris is getting this all wrong. He was about to continue speaking when his boyfriend beat him to it.

“Then why?” Kris said words came out cold. “Scratch that, never mind.” He jumped off the bed and head towards the door.

“Kris listen to me first. You’re getting this all wrong. Please.” Tao plead but his boyfriend never spare him a glance continued walking towards the door and leaving him behind.

 

 

For the next few days no one dared to contact the other. Tao is mad at Kris for doubting his love for him. If Kris just listened to him all this bull won’t happen.

 

At the fourth day since their fight, Tao’s mother knocked at his door.

“Your boyfriend’s downstairs’.” She said smiling.

Tao felt uneasy as he headed downstairs. Thankfully, his mom didn’t go with him. Question flooded his mind. Is he going to break up to me? Is he giving up? All this questions were erased when he saw Kris in their living room, bouquet of roses in his hands. The uneasiness he felt earlier were replaced by a fluttering feeling inside him. Tao smiled at the sight. Hey was all he could utter.

Kris approached him. “Sorry.” He said as he offered the flowers to Tao. Tao took it. “I’m really sorry for acting like that.” He tried sounding cute which Tao find amusing. He hugged his boyfriend in response, acknowledging that he’s forgiving him.

“No need to be sorry. Actually it kind of made me happy when you acted like that at all.” Tao shyly admitted his head resting on Kris’s chest.

“What do you mean?

Tao pushed himself from Kris and stared intently to the latter. “I… I think it’s cute.” Kris jaw dropped in disbelief.

“I’M.NOT.CUTE.” He said defensively. Tao chuckled.

“What I mean is, I find it cute that you were jealous because it only means that you genuinely love and care for me.”

“I.WASN’T.JEALOUS.” Kris defended once more. “But you’re right. I genuinely love you and care for you. And I will always be here for you.”

“So cheesy.” The corner of Tao’s lips twitched forming a smile. “Let’s go up in my room so I can explain properly about the Baekhyun thing.”

The younger led Kris to his boyfriend fingers intertwined with each other. They passed by his mother who just gave them a warm smile. As soon as they entered his bedroom, Kris pulled Tao towards him and leaned in for a kiss; a deep but passionate kiss.  Kris tongue asked for entrance but Tao pulled away. This made the taller guy frowned.

“We can continue that later.”

“You’re no fun.” Kris sat at Tao’s bed. “Speak.”

“Okay,” Tao made his way to sit beside his boyfriend, “so I’ve mentioned to you before that Baekhyun’s a respected author in Korea under a pen name right? I’ve actually searched about him a few days ago and found out he’ll be revealing himself for the public for the first time. I just… I just want to be there.” Tao waited for Kris’s reaction but all he got so far was nod so he continued. “I also want to introduce you to my friends back in Korea.” He could feel his blood rushing upward to his cheeks. It’s no help denying that he’s blushing. It’s pretty obvious; he knows that himself thank you very much. “So are you going to Korea with me or are you going to go and walk away again?” Tao tried teasing Kris.

“Okay.” Kris kept a poker face.

“Okay, you’re going with me or okay, you’re walking away?” Tao tried deciphering Kris thoughts.

“Okay, I’m going with you.” Kris looked at his boyfriend lovingly. Tao’s face lit up the second Kris agreed with him. He was about to say something when Kris spoke once more. “Is there any more you wanted to say?”

“No.” Tao shook his head.

“Good.” Kris eyes twinkled as he pushed Tao in the bed and went on top of him. “Can we now continue?”

Tao chuckled at his boyfriend’s action. “Go on mister.” Not wasting any more time, Kris showered him with kisses here and there much to his pleasure.

 

 

 

Two weeks after, Kris and Tao found themselves in front of Incheon airport… bickering. Tao was whining because they’re going to be late at Baekhyun’s book launch. Their flight was delayed for three hours and the person who gets all the frustrated complaint was his boyfriend of course.

“Stop whining for goodness sake.” Kris hissed at him.

“This is your entire fault.” Tao fought back.

“My fault? Am I the one who made the decision to delay our flight? Oh please.” Kris rolled his eyes. This is another side of Tao which Kris found during their first few weeks of dating. Whining Tao means WWIII

“Whatever… still your fault. If you booked a flight the day after we won’t be rushing like this.” Tao crossed his arms in annoyance. “And that reminds me, where the hell is the person who supposed to pick us up?”

As if on cue a black car stop in front of them then a guy which Tao assume is Kris friend emerged from the driver seat.

“I’m sorry man, I’m late.” The guy apologized to Kris and his gazed landed on Tao. He gave him slight bow. Tao smiled and returned the gesture.

Kris then proceeded to load their baggage in the car’s trunk and Tao went inside the car immediately.

“I really wanted to do introduction right now but,” Kris move toward his friend and whisper something, “my boyfriend is really in a hurry. So maybe next time?” Kris’s friend nods in understanding and gave him the key of the car.

“Drive safely.”

 

 

It seems luck is not on Kris’s side today as they found themselves tangled in the worst traffic jam ever. He never dared to look at his boyfriend since he knows he’ll only die in agony. A silent Tao after a whining Tao means WWIV.

After almost forever, the cars started to move much to Kris’s relief. Tao hasn’t spoken a single world yet since he got in on the car. And god knows how nervous he is right now. Actually he’s feeling more nervous than the first time he kissed Tao.

“Uhmmm… Tao are you okay?” He tried starting a conversation. Tao didn’t flinched a bit. “I’m sorry it’s my fault were running late.”

“Glad you admitted to it.” Tao said smiling and reached out for Kris’s left hand squeezing it.

Kris didn’t actually mean it when he said it’s his fault that they’re running late because truthfully it’s really not his fault. Blame the stupid airplane. But anyway, he’s relieved that they’re on good terms

 

 

Tao and Kris arrived to the bookstore only to find out that the event is now wrapping up. Tao was feeling a bit sad for not making it. He and Kris was about to turn around when he heard a group of people laughing not far from the stage. His face lit up as he recognized Kyungsoo, his ex-workmate; Jongin, Kyungsoo’s boyfriend and of course Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He took a deep breath as started walking in their direction. He stopped midway when he realized Kris is not following him so he turned back. “Are you just going to stay there?”

Kris gave him an awkward smile. “Just go by yourself.”

Is Kris being shy? Yep, he is totally being shy. Tao chuckled. He then gave him a reassuring smile and went his way toward his friends.

“Am I late already?” He said trying to gain the crowds’ attention. Luckily, he succeeded as they all turn and look at him. He saw Baekhyun’s eyes widen and so is Kyungsoo. “Tao?” They both said in unison. He walks further more to get closer with them

 “Hi.”

“Ohmy… you’re really here!” Baekhyun exclaimed in glee. “How have you’ve been?” He added.

Tao couldn’t help but laugh. Thank god they’re not being awkward because he swear if they are, he’ll be on the next plane back to Beijing. “I’m fine Baekhyun.” He smiled reassuringly. “So… can I still get my autograph book?”

“Of course. But let’s do that after we have dinner. Come on join us. Please.” Baekhyun begged.

“Sure. But…” He started scratching his nape awkwardly as he turned around to Kris and signaled him to come coloser. He felt that Kris is not going to do so, so he used the most effective method to lure him.  All it takes was one glare from him, to make his boyfriend comply. When Kris found himself beside Tao; he quickly introduced him to them. “This is Kris, can he join us too?” Baekhyun gave him a knowing smile before replying. “Sure.”

 

 

 

The Chinese couple waved their goodbye to the rest after their hour long chatting session. Tao really enjoyed the night that as soon as settling himself inside the car he gave Kris a peck in the lips. “Thanks for today and sorry for whining earlier.” Kris reached out to his face and traced his jawline.

“You’re really something Zitao.” He leaned in and kissed him.

Tao chuckled. “Where are we staying by the way? What hotel?”

Kris grinned suspiciously. “Who said anything about staying in a hotel?”

“What do you mean?”

Kris’s grinned widened more. “We’re staying in my condo unit. For good.”

“Huh?” Tao ceased an eyebrow? “What do you mean for good?”

“So slow.” Kris teased. “I mean, we’re going to live together now, here in Korea.” Tao was going to say something but Kris continued shutting him up. “I know Tao, you love it here and you miss it. And yes, I already talked to your parents if we could live together and they already gave me permission to do so. So… what do you think?”

Tao broke out into a big smile. A smile Kris dearly adores. “Thank you Kris. I’m really happy you’ve done this. You’re the best boyfriend ever.”

“Of course I am.” Kris laughed. “And you’re welcome.” He leaned in to give Tao another kiss.

“Since you’ve been good today, I will give you a reward when we get back to our place.” Tao winked, smiling naughtily.

“I can hardly wait.” Kris said as he started the car’s engine and drove off. 


 

I added a part two since I realized that the part 1 lacks something so here it is... >< Anyway, gotta get back writing Taking Chances... Hope you like this one shot, Also, don't be a silent reader please, comments are really appreciated. thanks :D