004

We're in the club

First Meeting

 

 

“Haein…”

“Hyorin…”

“I…I’m sorry…”

“Why… Why did you do that?! You know that I liked him yet... You… of all people should know how I feel… aren’t you a part of me? Aren’t you my twin?!”

“I am! But… I was just so lonely… You were with him all the time… I wanted to know what made you like him but he mistook me as you so I just went along with him… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to…”

“You pabo!”

“Wait! Hyorin! Wait!”

CRASH

“Hae-Haein?! Haein!”

“Hyo… rin… I’m sorry… I’m… so… sorry…”

“No… Don’t leave me! You can’t leave me! It’s okay! I forgive you! That guy didn’t even realize that you were the one with him! He’s a jerk! So don’t leave me… Please… Haein… I…”

“Really? You’ll forgive me?”

“Yeah… really… so please stay with me… someone already called an ambulance so please….”

“Okay… I won’t leave you”

That was the last time Hyorin saw Haein’s smile. Tears couldn’t stop rolling down her cheeks. Haein died during the ride to the hospital. Nothing could be done. She’s gone… Hyorin was left all alone. Their parents weren’t always there for them. Always busy with something. When they were having their dinner, it was always just those two. Even during parents-teacher meetings, they only have each other.

-4 years later-

“Hey, I’m Jung Daehyun” a guy came onto Hyorin’s desk. He wore a dazzling smile on his face that it hurts so much because it looks so much like Haein’s.

“What do you want?” Hyorin evaded Daehyun’s gaze.

“You” he said as he tilted Hyorin’s head so that they’re face to face.

“Don’t you kid with me” Hyorin slapped Daehyun’s hand from her chin.

“I’m not joking” he said as he touched the stinging hand with the other.

“You don’t even know me” Hyorin stood up from her chair and went out of the classroom.

“Damn… Maybe that was too sudden?” he said with a clumsy grin on his face.

“YA THINK?!” Yoo Youngjae stood up from the seat next to Hyorin’s. “You idiot! Do you know how long it took me to make her speak? Huh?! It took me 2 years! If you think she’s gonna accept you just like that then you’re wrong. Sheesh. Now where did she go…”

A rattling sound could be heard from behind where Daehyun’s standing. Poke.

“What the-?!” Daehyun let out as someone poked his sides.

“You are an idiot” Shin Eunkyung said as she stood from her seat and went to follow Hyorin and Youngjae.

“Did I do something really wrong?” he said to himself. Yes you did everyone that saw the scene thought but didn’t speak out loud.

-Rooftop-

… I’m so sorry

Will you forgive me?

It’s all my fault

I should have just said that it’s fine

I should have just let it go

I knew you didn’t mean it

I’m so sorry

Now that I lost you

I regret everything I said…

Hyorin was singing out the song that she composed until a thud was heard from the direction of the door.

“Hi again. I’m sorry for interrupting. You can continue singing” Daehyun was grinning and getting himself seated 1 metre away from her while leaning on the wall. He just sat there and listened silently. Surprisingly he didn't joke around. He was listening seriously. Understanding what the lyrics meant.

"You really are persistent huh?" Hyorin sat next to him, avoidinghis eyes.

"Ofcourse. Since I love you"  he said as if it was natural for him to say.