Before The Storm

The Mirror

Thinking about for a minute or so the man in front of Eun Sun nodded, "Thank you, I'm not ready to head back yet and I haven't been on this side of town often."

Eun gave a small smile, "I know the feeling and at night it easily becomes a maze. The place I was talking about is a few blocks from here, if we're lucky we'll get there before it starts raining."

For the first time since she really looked at him, he smiled softly. Walking closer he swooped his arm across, "Lead the way."

Smiling a bit more she walked forward heading towards a book store and cafe combination she had stumbled upon a few years ago while she was wandering around. The first time she had laid eyes on it she thought it was nothing special, just another boring book store. But knowing she had plenty of time to kill anyway she stepped inside hoping to put off having to do her homework a little while longer.

After stepping into the store and adjusting to the lighting she had realized how wrong she was. The entrance of the store was welcoming and didn't have that unpersonal quality to it. In fact, it was one of the most unique places she had ever been in. The small room you entered into was similar to an art gallery with the only difference being that every inch of the walls and ceiling were covered in posters, pictures, and even some graffiti. On the walls were different sconces that didn't match but still seemed to go with each other.

Each room of the bookstore had an eclectic decor and theme to it. One had large overstuffed arm chairs shoved into corners and a few at the end of bookshelves. Another had an almost life size checkerboard with pieces and could double as a chess board with bookshelves pushed against the walls.

The cafe was placed towards the back of the store near the room with the overstuffed arm chairs and had a wall that was where local artists could post their photogaphy, artwork, or literature for others to see.

It only took a few minutes until they reached their destination, looking towards the stranger who was having similar issues, she saw him tilting his head to the side with a questioning look on his face and seemed to be trying to figure out where they were.

Looking towards the building she smiled knowing that the owners were most likely the only ones who were in the store at this time. Walking the last few meters to the door, Eun paused and turned around when she didn't hear footsteps behind her. Rolling her eyes, she walked over to him grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the door.

 

Mystery Man's POV

 

After leaving the park we walked down the street going for a few blocks before stopping in front of a building. It looked so ordinary and so easily to pass by without giving it a second guess. That's when he started thinking over what had transpired over the past few hours. Practice had been brutal and frustrating. As practice dragged on everyone's moods began to get worse and mistakes were becoming to common for everyone involved.

I just had to get out of there and clear my head before I did something stupid. We're all so stressed and going through the motions. I need a vacation, a long vacation.

That's why after practice finally ended I grabbed my things and decided to go on a walk. I don't know how long I was walking and I didn't have a place in mind. Somehow my feet had led me to a park. That's when I noticed her, he paused debating whether she was going to go into fan-mode and attack him asking for a picture or something else. Seeing no reaction I sat down. When my phone had started to go off, seeing as it was just one of the guys I hit the ignore button and turned off the phone. I needed some time and space.

It wasn't long until her phone went off. She didn't realise that she had read her text out loud. From the sound of it she's got quite a bit on her mind too. It's moments like this that I remember even though someone may not live a life of an idol they can still have problems just as bad. 

That's when the thunder started and the only option I had was to head back home to the guys. Until the girl across from me gave me another option, somewhere else where I could have more time to think and even offered to listen to me as I vented. Well, if she's recoginized me she hasn't done anything so maybe this once I'll take a chance and blindly put my faith in her.

I must have been spacing out for a while because she walked towards me and pulled me to the door. Wait a minute, did she just roll her eyes at me? We walked inside and all my earlier thoughts of how plain this place must be were tossed aside. I've never seen a place like this and this is apparently just the entrance.

An older woman peeked her head into the room and smiled seeing the girl in front of me.

"Hello dear you made it just in time before the storm started."

"Hi Mrs. Song, do you mind if stay here and wait out the storm?"

"Not at all, why don't the two of you come over to the cafe and I'll make something to drink."

 

That's when it hit me.

 

I don't even know her name.

 

...Now I feel like an idiot.

 

~*~

Any guesses who our 'mystery man' is? Or Eun's reaction when she finds out who he is?