Chapter 16

Will You?

Hall 1 of the Woo Sung Convention Centre is almost empty from human being after almost four hours of being overflown by art enthusiasts. There were two men still admiring the 'IT' piece placed at the corner of the hall, a cleaner who just came in,  and So Yi Jeong who was lingering around the hall,  looking anxious while monitoring condition of the Buncheong ware that was placed in a thick glass safe. 


"YiJeong oppa!"


YiJeong turned to see GaEul infront of him,  panting from what he guess as a lot of running. Wearing white tunic with jeans, her hair was messy and scattered all over her face.


 "Oppa! I'm so sorry, I've tried my best" she coughed. "But I still couldn't make it on time. I'm sorry" she uttered before attaching her palms together to form a sign of apology, her face showcased a bitter regret while she was catching her breath. 


YiJeong stood frozen, he can’t look away from his girl. He missed her, so much that his heart were about to explode the moment he saw her few seconds ago. They haven't seen each other for almost a week,  which to him felt like years.


It was school's summer break and GaEul was sent by Shinhwa Education Group to Kawamata, Japan for a week of annual training, which almost brought YiJeong to tears for it was also a very important week for him. He was having his first ever solo exhibition, was nervous to the core and desperately needed her support. 


 Though the exhibition which was attended by numbers of important people in arts from all over the world was one of his greatest achievement, he somehow felt empty and incomplete, which was crazy, since he was an independent person who had always thought he needed no one significant in his life. 


Soppy. He did not know since when he turned so ludicrously soppy but he missed her every single day that he almost ditched his exhibition to fly to wherever she was. Sure,  he video-called her every night but that wasn't enough for him, he wanted her physically by his side,  which was again,  crazy as hell. 


"Chu Ga Eul" YiJeong whispered,  hardly breathing. He walked towards her before he pulled her into his embrace, finally feeling warmth creeping back into his life. The subtle peach scent from her soft hair almost sent his heart into palpitations,  and he tightened his hug as a form of reaction. 


"YiJeong, YiJeong oppa" GaEul uttered, her voice almost inaudible. "I can't breathe." she wriggled, her palms pushing his torso away from her almost compressed body. 


"I missed you, GaEul-yang " YiJeong smiled wide. Still not letting the poor petite body go. 
"Me toooo,  now can you please,  urgh,  I can't breathe." GaEul whimpered, still trying to escape his tight embrace. "YiJeong-ssi, I'm gonna die" she complained for the last time before he loosened his hug. 


GaEul heaved a long breath before she shot a stare at her boyfriend. "Out of your mind, are you? " she almost barked. 


"Sorry" he laughed. "I guess I missed you too much" he blurted,  not even trying to keep his cool. His dimple stayed on as long as his big smile did. 
"Aren't you going to show me around?" GaEul grinned at her boyfriend's antics before sliding her hand to link her arm with his.


Again,  YiJeong smiled then leaned closer to say in her ear "as you wish, princess", causing GaEul to flinch a little. Their next half an hour was spent around the spacious hall, looking at his masterpieces. Some of them were made when he was in Shinhwa High,  some of them were recent, and one of them,  which attracted GaEul the most,  was made when he was 10. 


"Why have I never seen all these" GaEul said, amused by his work of arts.  "Did you hide them in a safe box of something?" she asked,  referring to his studio that was void of these beautiful pottery works.  


"They were kept in the museum. There is a safe room there" he answered before he winced as he realized something. "Don't go around telling people all these" he playfully whispered to her ear. 


"Or what?  Someones gonna steal them?" she teased.


YiJeong immediately squinted at her words, looking slightly hurt. "You won't know" he replied simply.


After a round of walking,  they finally reached the place they started from,  a section for Buncheong ware,  where stood three tall wooden base with a glass case on top of each of them. Each glass case contained a ceramic ware, all seemed old and two of them have few cracks all over.  


"That, is National Treasure No. 1062" YiJeong pointed to the prettiest ware of the three.  It was a drum-shaped ceramic bottle with arabesque design and iron brown decoration.


GaEul's jaw opened slightly,  quite mesmerized by the condition of the century old ceramic ware, as good as new. 


"Someone tried to steal this yesterday" YiJeong smirked. 


"What?"


YiJeong raised an eyebrow. "Yeap, I guess there's a super high offer for this beauty going on right now. I've assigned few guards,  think it'll be fine"


Despite being a Shinhwa Kindergarten teacher who teaches art and language,  GaEul have not a single idea about pottery culture. The last time she took pottery seriously was five years ago when she took up classes with EunJae to understand how the hell did YiJeong managed to look so freaking cool doing it. 


To her despair,  pottery was only fun when she watches YiJeong playing with his clay. So she decided to quit the class even though her main reason she stopped going at that time was because she felt super awkward being with EunJae,  her crush's first love. 


She then pursued Early Education course in college because she loves kids and when it's time to get herself a job, JanDi secretly asked JunPyo to recommend her to the kindergarten principal. So she was appointed, and assigned to the only empty task that nobody wanted, teaching art and language. She was very good at teaching the children Korean, as that was the only language she was good at. 


Art? Not a chance.


 There was once when she drew a landscape of the playground to set an example for her students and almost half of the class submitted drawings fifty times better than hers. She also could not forget when she had to help the class with pottery for the first time,  and among all day, YiJeong had to choose that day to come back from Sweden, trespassed into the classroom and pointed out the extra pressure she put on her hand. 


However, being not cognizant of the fine art culture does not mean she doesn't recognize his achievements. He had done the country proud for being a worldwide-approved potter, and his first solo exhibition was a huge success judging from how many media outlets were there to cover the event and his story.


"YiJeong oppa,  I'm very proud of you" she held his hands and uttered. Her words actually was an understatement. If there was any word more majestic than 'proud' then she would have used it. 


GaEul sometimes had the urge to pinch herself to make sure that she wasn't living in dreamland,  for having such amazing and prince charming-like person as her man, but held the desire back as she was afraid if it was really a dream,  and she would have to live back in reality,  the bitter one where Chu Ga Eul was a country bumpkin that YiJeong despise.


"I'm proud of you too" 


"For being a potato?"


"LOL. Chu Ga Eul? That was funny" YiJeong could not stop laughing at her unintentional joke.


The couple then lingered more before YiJeong had to say goodbye to her as he needed to stay and manage the exhibition's wrap up.  


"Are you sure you don't want me to help you?" GaEul swayed as her pinkies mingled with his. 


"This will last till tomorrow. I don't need you here. Go back and sleep"


"But"


"I'm sorry I couldn't drive you back home tho. The car will be waiting at the gate" YiJeong informed her of her transportation's whereabouts. 


"I can take a cab tho"


"Your luggages are in the car,  remember?" he reminded her that she came straight from the airport with the same car. 


"Ah, okay. Thanks, oppa. I'll get going then" she kissed him on the cheek before making her way out of the hall. She occasionally turned her head and wave to her boyfriend on the way too. Cheesy, and very corny. 


GaEul
Seoul? 


Gaeul checked her phone to see JanDi's message gracing the screen. 


Yeap. ^^
Going back home. From oppa's show. 

She replied. 


Show, LOL. 
Whats in your luggage for me from Japan? 

JanDi immediately replied.  GaEul guessed that JanDi was on her night ER shift and was bored. 


Secret. Will tell you ltr. 
Wyd? 

GaEul climbed into the car while her fingers were busy replying her best friend's message.


OMG got a red case going on. GTG. 
See ya.
 
 They exchanged text conversations for a good amount of time before JanDi sent her last message for the night. 


GaEul smiled before she lifted her head to finally look out of the window at the night view of her neighbourhood. 


"Ahjussi. This isn't.  . ." GaEul uttered the moment she realized that the road signs signalled they were leaving Seoul. "Ahjussi?" GaEul's heart stopped as she saw his face. He is NOT YiJeong's driver. 


Her eyes immediately moved to search the car and before she knew it,  her sight was blinded,  her nose filled with a particularly strong sweet scent before everything went dark. 


Black out.