01:Kai

Footsteps

"Kai-ssi, Mr. Kang is requesting you to film a commercial for Nature Republic. Will you accept?" I glanced over to Manager Kim who was eyeing me earnestly, "No." She groaned and removed her hands off the speaker, "I'm sorry but he's not feeling well, you should know that. He's resting at the moment but will resume his schedule as soon as possible." I felt her lean towards me but I focused on the street. Here we go again, I sighed effortlessly. "You know I can't stop lying to the media right? You need to start making decisions now. I'm not forcing you but as your Manager I need to care." I sighed as I heard Manager Kim going on about those stuff again, "Hey, thanks for caring but I'm not in the mood right n-" My words were cut off by loud thump. I slightly turned my head towards the window. It was a guy who's face was stuck onto the the window like glue, I couldn't really make out his who he was but because he was with a whole group of fangirls, I figured he was a fan. I pulled down a cover and blocked the view of the window. Leaning back I slipped on my headphones and slowly closed my eyes. What a day Kai. 

As soon as I closed my eyes we appeared in front of the school and stepping out I walked to my room stopping in front of the door. "Rememeber, I said no roommates."I rememinded her  as I headed into the room. "I know, I know. Here are some gift from your fans. If you need me call me." She set them on the desk and left the room. I plopped myself onto the bed and stared up onto the surface of the second floor. "What to do." I sighed and sat up, slipping on my shoes I decided to roam around the school, maybe I'll see Wang on the way. Stepping out of the building I decided to go around the back, that's until I felt someone bump my shoulders. "I'm so sorr- Kai?" The boy turned around and looked at me with a huge grin, it's been awhile since I had seen someone so happy. For some reason he looked familiar but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him around before. "Just be careful next time." As I was going to leave I noticed that he dropped some things, "And you might want to pick that up." Walking away from the scene I didn't look back, I just want to see Wang. Just when I appeared out from the corner of the building I spotted Wang who was sticking out his tongue and I ran to him with a grin, "Wang!" I love dogs, he reminds me of my dogs back home..well, what used to be home at least. Sadly I haven't had time to see them in awhile. I decided to stay and play with Wang for awhile before heading back inside. 

Slipping my hands in my pockets I said goodbye to Wang and left back to the dorm. As I slipped my shoes off I noticed another pair of shoes at the door. "Wait.. Are these mines? I'm pretty sure I don't have a pair like this." I mumbled to myself, as I turned the corner I heard the shower on and then it suddenly turn off. Instead of barging in I decided to wait infront of the door to see who would come out. It was that boy, he came out with only a towel wrapped around his lower torso. He must have been really scared because he threw, what I believed was the closest thing near him, right at my face, it was a tooth brush. I pressed my lips together in a straight line, and flinched. "What are you doing here?" The boy asked, "Well you see, this is my room. Now get dressed and get out." I moved to the bed and once again plopped myself down to look back at the boy, "Hurry." I closed my eyes and heard him rustling through his bag possibly to get dressed. Before I knew the door slammed shut, that was easier than I thought.

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep I heard a knock at my door. Deciding to ignore it I threw the blanket over my head. "JONGIN. OPEN UP." Throwing the covers off I jerked off the bed and opened the door. "What do you want Luhan?" I looked over to his side and saw the boy again, "I didn't tell him to do this." He explained as he looked off in Luhan's direction. "I know you said no roommates but that day was obviously going to come. Guess what? Today is that day. We don't have enough room so we're putting him with you for now." Luhan said firmly, "Hyung-" I was cut off for the second time today, "No buts, go in Baekhyun. If he gives you any trouble come to me!" Luhan sped away in less than three seconds and I honestly gave up for today. I looked at him, Baekhyun, and he scratched his neck while smiling at me akwardly. Leaving the door open for him to get in I headed straight back to bed. "Get in." I heard the door close and his tiny, little footsteps run inside and upstairs, again, I felt that grin on his face. 

-dream-
"Dad, where's mom?" I stared at my dad, he had a frown on his face and looked at me, "She's..she's..sh-" A tear rolled down my face, there and then I felt as if time stopped and it was all a dream. "Mom...s-she's really gon-" I choked up into tears and fell onto the ground sobbing. "I know it's hard-" I heard my father start, "NO. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. YOU NEVER LOVED HER, YOU WISHED FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. ARE YOU HAPPY?!" I ran out of my dad's office and cried in my room all night, until I felt a warm presence, I raised my face up and looked around trying to find my mom, this was truly her presences, then I remembered she was gone. I didn't cry anymore, instead I hopped onto my bed and slept peacefully, for the first time. 

I woke up to the sunlight that was hitting the left side of my face and streched. Mumbling to myself I finally got out of bed, it was awfully quiet, I walked upstairs to see if Baekhyun was still asleep. Nope, instead I found a note. "You were crying last night, I hope you're okay! Because you might not like my presence I decided to leave early. See you in class!" I scoffed and started getting ready for class. Slipping on my uniform I headed out. Along the way I could obviously see some girls from a nearby highschool that were hiding in the bushes. As usual as soon as I was in the classroom I saw the girls being dragged away. Behind me was Baekhyun, seriously though, why is it always him that I am with. I turned around and stared at him, "Can you please keep that thing a secret?" I said. "What thing?" He asked as he looked at me curiously, I gave him a 'seriously' look and he responded with a 'light bulb' look, "THAT YOU WERE CR-" I quickly smacked my hands over his mouth while everyone eyed us and I let go smiling akwardly, I turned to him giving him the sign to play along and of course he did so. Everyone soon returned to their normal routines. "Keep it quiet next time." I whispered. "Got it, and why were you, you know, that thing?" I turned back around in my desk and leaned back shivering at his warm breath that happened to brush against my neck, "Nothing." I stated firmly. "Class this is our new student, Baekhyun, please introduce yourself. Everyone looked over at him exept for me, "Hello everyone, I'm Byun Baekhyun! Let's all get along! Please take care of me!" Other students clapped and our vocal class began. 

"Okay since we're done with vocal warm ups, everyone, should we test Baekhyun's vocal abilities?" The class cheered as Baekhyun stepped up to the front. As I was about to slip on my headphones, unintrested in what he was doing, I heard the most angelic voice ever. It was so soft, his voice flowed around the quiet room and as I looked around I saw people in shock, as was I. I finally looked up at him listening to his every note. At the end of the song everyone clapped, including me, I smirked while bring my head down. After him another student stepped up, "Good job." I complimented him not turning back to see his reaction. I made a very bad choice to compliment him because he started asking me a whole bunch of questions. His voice...it was really good though, I can't deny that. Now thinking about it, he's overall just a bright person. I don't usually say or think of this but, I wish, I just wish I could be happy like him, for just five minutes, at least five. When the rest of my classes were over I decided to head back to the dorm until I saw Baekhyun with someone. "Is that.."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Author-nim here! I haven't updated in a while. TT TT But here I am with a new update! I am still busy so wait a little while my lovely subscribers! It's not that long but at least it's more than 1000 words! I'll try to reply to all comments if I can. MY BABY IS HERE, HAVE YOU ALL HEARD B.A.P'S NEW SONG? IF NOT YOU CAN CHECK IT HERE. Thanks to you subscribers! If there's any writing advice you'd like to give me please tell me. I love you all.