02:Narrator

Footsteps

 

As Baekhyun returned, without a sign of Kai in the dorm, he rushed up stairs and threw himself onto the comfy matress. He laied still, staring at the ceiling as he thought about Kai's compliment. It was a small compliment but it was enough to make Baekhyun flush a beet red. Knowing that he probably looked like a tomato, he flung a pillow over his head and cuddled with it. Uncovering his face he patted his cheeks, "Byun Baekhyun, what are you doing right now? Snap out of it." He rolled around his bed until his head was at the edge where his feet should be. Pulling his Galaxy out, he put on some music and slipped the earbuds into his ears. Closing his eyes he hummed with SE7EN's voice and nodded at each beat. After the song was finished he opened his eyes to see another pair of eyes gazing down at him. "Kai!" Baekhyun shrieked as he flung up causing their foreheads to collide. 

Baekhyun laughed awkwardly as he rubbed his forhead to spot Kai who was now on the floor rubbing his own forehead. "Sorry!" Baekhyun ran over and reached his hand down only to be rejected. He scrunched his nose up and followed Kai back down with a huge grin plastered on his face. He suddenly bumped into a broad back because Kai suddenly stopped in his tracks. Just when Baekhyun was about to tip over he felt a tight grip around his right arm, "Be careful!" He turned around to see Kai who's face seemed to be flushed with anger, "It was your fault, you didn't have to suddenly stop you know!" 

"Well, that's what you get for following me." Kai released his grip and was now his calm usual self and continued back down. "I wasn't following you," Baekhyun protested as Kai plopped himself on his bed, "Right." Baekhyun shuffled to the couch next to his bed and also plopped himself down with a frown, "Well, why did you come upstairs? 

"I was trying to shut you up. As you can see, I'm trying to rest here, so, leave me alone." Baekhyun sneered, "I wasn't that loud, Was I? Kai glared at Baekhyun, "You were." 

Baekhyun sulked, "If you say so, I'll get going now." When Baekhyun sat up from the couch a hand grabbed his wrist just as fast, "You did not meet anyone yet, right?" Baekhyun thought awhile, Wait is he asking me what I think he is, as in dating? No, that is not like Kai. I'm not meeting anyon-. "Let me rephrase that." Kai cleared his throat as Baekhyun snapped back into reality, "Did you meet new people today?" Baekhyun, awfully embarrased, spoke, "Lots of new people, why?" 

"Nothing, you can go now." Kai replied as he closed his eyes and let go of Baekhyun wrist. He heard Baekhyun trudge upstairs, and shot his eyes open when he was sure Baekhyun was upstairs. No, something's not right, he looked familiar. Black hair, short, big eyes. It was-"Kyungsoo." Kai whispered quietly. Getting up, he slipped on his sweater on, and head towards the door, "Kai?" With his hands on the door knob, he released his grip and looked up to where Baekhyun was, "I'll be back, just going for a jog." He quickly vanashied after that comment, "I thought he was tired." Baekhyun frowned and plopped back onto the bed.

Running out into the yard Kai searched around for Kyungsoo. He then ran to the soccer field, gym, practice room but couldn't find Kyungsoo. That was until he spotted the petite man sitting at a bench. Kai ran up to him and grabbed his collar, "K-Kai, what are you doing?" Kyungsoo asked trembling, "Don't you dare do anything to Baekhyun." Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly, "W-what do you mean? Is this all you take me for?" Kai tightened his grip, "If you harm him, you better watch your ." Kyungsoo sighed then smirked looking up at the taller male, "Why does it matter to you what I do? Unless you came to take me back I have no intrest on listening to you."

Baekhyun changed from his uniform into comfortable sweatpants, a big white t-shirt and a grey sweater. "If I remember, it's alright to have uniforms off if we're not attending any clases, right? Right." Baekhyun fixed his hair and slipped on tennis shoes. It was only 6 in the evening, maybe if he found Kai they could jog together. Heading out into the yard he saw many students in their normal attires, everyone looked so different without their uniforms, "Wow, clothing really does play a role in expressing yourself." Baekhyun grinned greeting some students as he was looking for Kai.

Baekhyun walked around for quite awhile now, it was late and he was terribly hungry, "Maybe he prefers quieter places?" He spoke to himself as he approached the little garden behind the music department building. Spotting Kai, Baekhyun was about to yell out his name until he saw a smaller male with him. Baekhyun couldn't move from shock as he saw he smaller male reach up to give Kai a kiss. W-what is this. What am I doing? Baekhyun, get out of here, now! Baekhyun ran inside the building and up to a practice room. Leaning against the wall he slid down into a sitting position, "What did I just see?" Baekhyun couldn't help but feel his heart shatter, he knew that they were nothing, just roommates, but Kai had lied to Baekhyun. What the hell has gotten into me? I just met him. This is just sad. Now I understand how those fangirls feel. Baekhyun pouted, and hit his head continuously, "Kkaeb Song!" 

"Kkaeb song?" Baekhyun looked up and scanned the room until he spotted a tall male at the corner of the room with his guitar, "What's that?" Baekhyun quickly stood up and bowed, "I'm sorry! I didn't know you were in here." Baekhyun said as he scratched his head, Make a run for it Baekhyun! He thought to himself, "I'll be leaving now..." Just before he could run off he was pinned to the wall, Baekhyun looked at him with fear. "W-what are you doing?" Baekhyun stuttered, the taller male broke out into a hysterical laugh and released his grip, "I was just playing around. Sorry if I scared you." He ruffled Baekhyun's hair and all Baekhyun could do was stare back at the boy with disbelief. "You just gave me a heart attack!" Baekhyun said as he hit the male's arm. "A violent one I see," he cleared his throat and reached out his hand, "I'm Park Chanyeol by the way. I'm sorry we had a bad start but I'm always teasing like this so I hope you don't feel violated in anyway."

Baekhyun shook his hands then squeezed them with the strength he had left, "Just don't play like this again, Park Chanyeol!" He laughed as he saw Chanyeol jump in pain and then let go, "Revenge is a sucess! I'm Byun Baekhyun!" Chanyeol grinned and immediatly head locked him, "I have a feeling we'll get along well Baek!"  Baekhyun slapped his way out of Chanyeol's grasp and fixed his hair. "Oh and are you okay, about earlier?" Chanyeol asked as patted Baekhyun's head. "You were hitting yourself you know." 

Oh right. There was still that incident that I happened to see. What is going on? No, Baehyun, don't bring yourself deeper into this problem. "I'm fine now but thank you." Baekhyun nodded with a grin, "And didn't you ask me about Kkaeb song too?" Chanyeol nodded and Baekhyun sat down on the couch patting the seat next to him, "Come here and let me tell you the legend of Kkaeb song!" Chanyeol laugh and took a seat.

Kai returned to the dorm to see that Baekhyun wasn't there. He took off his sweater and flung it across the room. Sitting down on the couch Kai leaned his arms on his knees and covered his face. Peace and quiet, at last. Kai wasn't happy though, this day felt like crap to him. He rested his head on the surface of the wall and recalls the past. Yes, he and Kyungsoo went out, but he was never in love, never. Like all Kai's other relationships, Kai and Kyungsoo also broke up. Fragile Kyungsoo couldn't deal with it and tried everything to get Kai back. Kai knew this, he knows that because Baekhyun is his roommate now, Kyungsoo will try anything and everything just to get close to him. 

Unlike the other girls Kyungsoo messed with, Baekhyun is an absolute no. Kai can't have anyone else get hurt because of him. He's hurt so much people,and because he doesn't want to hurt himself he never tried to open his heart towards others. 

Kai got up from the couch and went upstairs, Speaking of Baekhyun, where is he? It's already 9. Kai roamed around the upper floor until he spotted some sticky notes. Kai smirked and took out a pen to scribble something on the peice of paper. Sticking to the nearby lamp he head back to bed.

Baekhyun waved goodbye to Chanyeol as he left back to the dorm. Baekhyun walked slowly, only wanting to remember the good parts of today. Chanyeol was a very good friend. It was a short time but Baekhyun now finds himself able to but all trust in him, it's like they have known each other for years!

Baekhyun grinned until he was all the way back at the dorm. Opening the door slowly, without turning on the lights Baekhyun felt his way throught the dorm. Before he could even reach the stairs the lights suddenly turn on, which causes Baekhyun to trip from shock. Baekhyun groaned as he got back up.

"I told you to be careful." Kai said as he walked over to help Baekhyun upstairs, "Where does it hurt?" 

"My knee." Baekhyun sniffed as Kai folded up his sweatpants to reveal the bruise. "Wait here." Kai ran down stairs and quickly grabbed ointment out of his drawer. "Why didn't you turn on the lights?" Kai asked as he returned.

"Well I thought you were sleeping and I didn't want to bother you, you seemed tired today." 

There you go Kai, it was because of you again. Kai thought to himself with a frown as he applied some ointment on the bruise. "Where were you?" Kai asked once more changing the subject. 

"I was in the practice room." Baekhyun answered as he was busy flinching from the pain.

"All by yourself?"

"No, wait, why are you asking me this again?" 

"I was just curious. So...who were you with?"

"With a friend." Baekhyun nodded, "How about you? How long does it take you to jog?" Baekhyun looked at Kai then back down at the wound. Kai noticed how serious he was. 

"I was with someone..." Kai confessed as he felt there was no need to hide it. "All done. Now just sleep like that, don't use a blanket or pull your pant sleeve back down." Kai headed back down and Baekhyun sat there in shock.

"He told the truth." Baekhyun whispered as he smiled to himself. As fast as he laied down he got back up. "Oh right. I ate ramen with Chanyeol today. I don't want to get bloated so let's wait awhile." He patted his tummy and scanned around the room until he saw a note on his lamp.

'Goodnight. -Kai' 


 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back! Sorry for my absence. I've been on a writers block and worst of all I've been trying to keep up with school work. I finally got to update a much longer one today so yay! I'm sorry if it feels rushed our if there are grammar mistakes. Two characters were also introduced. Yay! Trust me, I love my baby Kyungsoo, WITH ALL MY HEART. but I just had to had a bad one in here. But who knows, Kyungsoo may not be so bad. At some point I want to add them all in there bec0s, EXOTIC. I hope you like it and thanks for all your lovely comments. I'll say it once more. Yes, this story is based on Hana Kimi. Just a bit different. Thank you once more.♥