III

Exo Thriller Series: Backfired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been so long and I apologize from the bottom of my lazy heart! So, to make up for that long hibernating stunt I pulled, I decided to make this one LOOOOOOOOONG. You may want to grab some popcorn too. Enjoy!

 

 Aimi blinked over and over, watching the door. She hung up the phone, so she couldn't hear the last thing baekhyun was trying to tell her. Someone was still trying to break in the front door as the force became more forceful; he was trying to shove it with his body.  With a shaky breath, Aimi quickly removed herself from the sofa and crawled to the stairs. 

Thankfully, all the lights were out.

"I'm glad I didn't turn on the TV..."

Aimi looked up to see the door not shaking anymore, "did he leave...," she mumbled. She went to check if he was still there, but stopped and faced the kitchen. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Th-the backdoor!" Aimi ran towards the kitchen, reaching to grab the knob and locked it-

"AHHH!" She fell back.

"There's really no need, I'm going to get in anyways,"  The masked man eyed her through the window. He began to bang on the door window with his crow bar.

"! What kind of glass is this?! " He grew frustrated, repeatedly trying to crack it.

 Aimi knew this would hold him back for a little, but not long enough. She had to think of something. Running up stairs,  she ran to her closet and pulled out her makeup bag. Opening it, Aimi rummaged through the weapons and government devices to find her silencer.

She never told Baekhyun she was an under cover agent for the United States Marine Corps.

She pulled out two 20 inch silencers, retractable ropes, gloves, DNA sanitizer, and hooks. 

Aimi ran back down stairs-

He wasn't there.

 She took that opportunity to go through with her plan: putting on her leather gloves, she grabbed a kitchen cloth and covered it with DNA sanitizer; Aimi wiped down both 20 inch guns, erasing any prints she made when she pulled them out her bag. She then went on to wipe down the hooks and the hooks on the retractable ropes. Moving quickly, Aimi grabbed a chair from the dining area and dragged it to the front door.

"Dam it, I need a hammer..." She whined as she ran to grab one from her makeup bag. Checking for his presence, Aimi stood on the chair and hammered the hook in the ceiling, until the built-in nails weren't visible anymore. She nailed the hook to face left, that way, it can hold the gun up properly. She then pulled out one of the retractable ropes and hooked it to the bottom of the stair rail, expanding it as she stood back on the chair. Aimi grabbed the 20 inch gun and cocked it before settling it onto the hook and slowly, but carefully wrapping it only once around the trigger, then wrapping the rope around both gun and ceiling hook three times so it could say up.

 "You're gonna be okay Aimi." She confided herself.

To claim she wasn't scared for her life would have been a lie; Aimi was scared. Events like this only happened to the person she was paid to follow, and now the tables have turned. Somehow, Aimi believed she would overcome this no matter what; setting traps were her specialty in the airforce. 'At least the makers were smart enough to make these ropes thin' she thought as she lightly flicked it. However, she couldn't shake the feeling that this might be her last trap.

"You're going to make it out of this, okay? For your family, and Baekhyun." This reminded her.

 After wrapping the other end of the retractable rope to the front door's knob, she eyed her trap in praise. Analyzing it in her head earlier, she knew that once the intruder opened the door, the wider he opened to come in, the rope will retract, pulling back like a string on a fishing rod, while pulling the trigger with it. The intruder will die without her being present. 

Just for him, she unlocked the front door.

"You're going to die before you can even get the chance to kill me, and I'm not going down easily." Tears swimming around the rim of her eyes. She eyed the door, fearlessly. This was a game only for the best, the clever-handed; and no one wins when she's a player. 

Grabbing her phone, Aimi wiped her tears and called Baekhyun, getting rid of her dry voice. She rubbed her stomach, "being hungry now is not good."

 "Ja-jagiya! I'm almost there d-don't open that door!" He panted; he's running. Aimi put on her best show.

"Baby calm down.." she giggled. 

"Wh-what? WHAT DO YOU MEAN CALM DOWN SOMEONE'S TRYING TO BREAK IN AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO CAL-"

"It was our dog oppa." She pretended to giggle while putting together the same trap on the back door in the kitchen, except, the retractable rope was hooked to the kitchen drawer and a chair. Baekhyun stopped running.

 "..What?"

"He got loose! He was in the dog house when I came right? Now he's lounging on the couch and I really can't bring myself to kick him out." She checked the second trap and unlocked the back door. Walking back to the living room, through the window, he watched as she made her way to the window and stared him down. She's gonna protect what's hers no matter what, that includes this house, and Baekhyun's life. With the sweetest voice, she caught baekhyun's attention.

"Oppa~, before you get home can you stop by that supermarket and pick up some foot cream? You know how bad my feet are after 8 hrs of standing over a stove." She whined. According to her, baekhyun only knew of her being a chef at a hotel. Baekhyun sighed in relief.

 "Oh goodness! You don't know how worried I was sweetheart, I thought I was going to lose you." Aimi gulped and looked down coming back to reality: she's fighting for her life, and protecting baekhyun. She refused to let him be a  part of this. 

"Baby! You're really being paranoid, but I forgot the doctor said you had more estrogen hormones than testosterone so I shouldn't have been surprised..." The masked man disappeared when she looked back up.

Baekhyun laughed out loud this time.

"I'll show you how much estrogen I have when I get home sweetheart." He his seductive voice. A sad smile shadowed her beautiful face. "Take your time. There's no rush to come home."

 "Huh?" He was clueless to her response.

"I'm eating now! I'll see you when you're home..I love you baekhyun." She steadied her eyes in the darkness, alert of the sound from up stairs. Pulling her machete quietly from under the coffee table, Aimi listened to the sound of footsteps upstairs. 

"Love you too baby, I'll be home soon," he hung up. Aimi swallowed all her tears. Her eyes were red from the tiresome event and she's been hungry all night; so she's gonna eat-like her head told her to. Grabbing both plates of spaghetti, a small smiled showed on her face as she mixed both plates of spaghetti together and grabbed her 'makeup bag'. All her weapons and government devices packed tightly inside, everything that assumes her a threat to society, except for one thing sitting in the pocket of her luggage, the one thing that suddenly broke her: A photo.

 "I'll leave this for him to see." Tears slid down her face. It was liberating for her to finally be able to do this. The photo was left on the coffee table as she wasted no time to get out the house through the living room window before he came down stairs. Aimi knew this kid was dumb enough to wait upstairs, thinking she's going to run up their. She scoffed, "Idiot."

Aimi wasn't leaving her boyfriend's house-no. That's out of the question if she wanted to protect it. She hid on the side of it, by the living room window and ate her 4 servings of spaghetti. 

"This is actually pretty good." Nodding her head. Suddenly she heard voices from inside the house.

 The masked man tossed and shredded everything upstairs. Things just weren't right for him-no, scratch that, nothing was ever right and fair for him in his life, so he decided to change that tonight. He thought Aimi would come up there, looking for him. Instead, everything was quiet...too quiet for his liking. "Why isn't that screaming for her pitiful life right now.." He wondered, searching through the bedroom. 'Normally, girls would be calling 911 shreiking for someone to come save their ,' he thought. Getting angry, the masked man picked up a book from the nightstand and threw it, hearing a clank and something round falling out of it. Eyeing the object, he walked over and quickly picked it up 

"11/13/13 huh..." He was curious as to why it was labeled a terrible date. His thoughts brought him back to that night, 'Me and Baekhyun..'

 FLASHBACK

Me and baekhyun stood in front of this big house, preparing to turn it upside down. I looked at my hyung, overwhelmed in excitement because of him. Baekhyun looked back at me and patted my shoulder like and older

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter