Chapter 6

Getting There

 

            Yuri was sitting nervously outside her boss’ office, alone. Jaebeom went inside about a half hour ago, after Taec peeked out of his door and called for him.

            It felt like forever passed when Park Jaebeom and Ok Taecyeon finally emerged out of his office, serious looks on their faces. Taecyeon looked extremely stressed out, more than Yuri has ever seen him. And that’s saying something, seeing as Yuri has seen her boss on countless late nights in the office.

            Yuri immediately rose from her seat. Taecyeon turned his attention to the woman in front of him and said, “I’m extremely sorry for this inconvenience, Ms. Kwon. I know that this whole night must have been tiring for you and that you must want some answers. And I believe that I owe them to you, at the very least, considering what you’ve went through just now.”

            “As you must have figured out by now, me and Ms. Im have a special relationship which we are forced to keep a secret from others for obvious reasons. You do understand how unsafe it is for the both of us had we decided to make our relationship public. The two of us have always been careful about keeping this secret, and only a few of our closest friends know about this, not including our families, of course. A couple of weeks ago though, we were discovered by Nichkhun; we let our guard down for a moment, and he, unluckily, spotted us. He wanted to publish his suspicions right away of course, but without enough evidence, he couldn’t prove anything. Ever since then, he’s been trying to catch us again and get what he needs for his story.”

            “What worries me is that he is getting better at his job, as you probably noticed tonight. And you may not think so, but you being there was actually a very lucky circumstance for our situation. My people have talked to Nichkhun, explaining our “story”. We’ve told him that you came looking for me after realizing that I left my wallet at the office and that’s the time he discovered us.”

            “The thing is, Nichkhun is not a fool.” Jay interrupted “Of course, he didn’t believe our story and I highly doubt that we’ve seen the last of him. That’s why, after talking it over with Yoona and Taec, we’ve decided to take more drastic measures.”

            Ok Taecyeon had a grim look on his face, one that Yuri did not like at all. It was the type that sent shivers down her spine.

            “What exactly do you need me to do?” Yuri asked softly, looking at the two men who were looking at her.

            “Well,” Jaebeom started “It’s nothing too difficult actually. All you have to do is pretend to be Taecyeon’s girlfriend for a couple of weeks, a few months at most.”

            Yuri’s eyes widened with shock. “You want me to do WHAT?!?”

 


 

            “That was one heck of a day.” Yuri said quietly as she allowed herself to fall into her surprisingly comfortable bed. So many things happened to her that she felt more exhausted than ever in her life. The bed she was in right now felt like heaven and she wished she could just curl up and stay there forever.

            “Yuri? Is that you?” A small figure was walking towards her in the darkness. The lights weren’t in Yuri’s room as she was too tired for that. “It’s almost 2 in the morning. Did you get in just now?”

            Kwon Yuri lived in an apartment that she shared with her two best friends. One of them, Kim Taeyeon, was currently hovering above her bed, wearing pajamas and holding a glass of milk.

            “Taeyeon-ah…I got into big trouble at work today.”

            Taeyeon sat on the corner of Yuri’s bed and gave the latter a stern look. “Didn’t I warn you how dangerous that assignment is? I told you to be careful! Did Taecyeon find out that you’re secretly studying him for a story?”

            “No…it’s much worse”

            “What could be worse than Taecyeon finding out?”

            Yuri relayed the events of that night to her now very surprised house mate. “WHAT?! You have to pretend to be his girlfriend now? How do you plan on doing that?” Taeyeon’s eyes were wide awake despite the fact of it being so early in the morning.

            “I don’t know how I’m going to do this! I’m supposed to meet up with them tomorrow morning to finalize the plan, but I don’t know what I’m going to say. They didn’t actually tell me that I had to go with the plan...”

            “But of course you have to go with the plan! This is THE Ok Taecyeon we’re talking about. And you’re just Kwon Yuri. It may seem like you have the freedom to decide what will happen to the three of you, but I don’t think you actually do.”

            “You’re not helping, Taeng!” Yuri was near tears by now. She was beginning to realize just how extremely problematic her situation was.

            Taeyeon scooted closer to Yuri and put her arm around her shoulder. “I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to be harsh. Don’t worry, we’ll figure all of this out tomorrow. But for now, I really think you deserve some sleep.”

            Taeyeon pulled the covers over Yuri, gave her a hug goodnight and closed the door slightly on her way out.

            Sleep started to overcome Yuri the minute Taeyeon left the room. Her eyes were becoming more and more droopy as the warm blanket surrounding her slowly reeled her in to a deep slumber. As she drifted off to dream, she forgot, at least for that moment, all the chaos that was happening and was about to happen in her life.

 

Author's Note:

UPDATE! Hahahaha...

I said from the previous chapter that I was slowly going to incorporate new character as the story progresses...and in this latest chapter, we see just that! Taeyeon joins the cast as one of Yuri's roommates/best friends. The second best friend will be revealed in the next chapter, but I'm sure that if you've been keeping track of the comments, you already have an idea who this is gonna be...

How did you like this chapter, guys? Leave a comment and let me know, okay? :D
 

P.S. My favorite couple makes an appearance in the next chapter! Want a hint? Kid Leader and Ssanti Kid! nyahahahaha! Wootae ftw!