Chapter 5

Getting There

 

          Yuri stood up and immediately stuffed the voice recorder she was holding into her purse. Her mind was filling up with excuses to tell her boss, who was now currently running towards her with his secret lover on one hand, on what she was doing following him to the pier at this time in the night. 

          At the same time, Taecyeon was running as fast as he can, frantically trying to avoid the man that was following him and Yoona. He saw a figure in the distance, and upon coming closer, he saw that it was actually his secretary, Kwon Yuri.

          “Ms. Kwon? Is that you?” Taecyeon said.

          “I’m so sorry, Mr. Ok. I followed you here because…” Yuri tried to explain but was suddenly cut off by Taecyeon.

          “Now’s not the time” he said, as he quickly pulled both Yuri and Yoona to the back of the crate where Yuri was hiding in earlier.

          Taecyeon turned to Yoona and said, “Hide here for a while. I’ll come back for you later. Make sure you just stay here, okay?”

          He was talking to Yoona with that familiar warmth in his eyes, Yuri noticed. Taecyeon lightly kissed Yoona on the forehead, and quickly shifted to the other woman present there. He muttered, “Let’s go”, suddenly took Yuri’s hand and started running again.

          Things were happening too fast and the next thing Yuri knew, she was running along with Taecyeon, holding his hand, while trying to run away from Nichkhun, who was now almost catching up to them.

          Yuri looked at her side and saw a very different person from that she has known for about a month now. The usually composed Ok Taecyeon had a confused look in his eyes. This was extremely weird for Yuri to see, as her boss was never one who didn’t know what he was doing. However, even if there was fear in his eyes, there was still that glint of determination and strength.

          The pair kept running and running; Yuri was losing track of where they were going, how may lefts and rights they’ve taken. The fact that it was pitch black around them didn’t help as well.

          Taecyeon and Yuri were both out of breath as they’ve been running for who knows how long now. They took a left, and quickly realized that that was a wrong move; they’ve got themselves into a dead end.

          “A dead end?” Yuri said in a low voice “What do we do now?”

          The sounds of hurried footsteps were heard by the two of them; Nichkhun has caught up to them. Taecyeon pulled Yuri sharply towards him, hugging her and covering her face.

          “Well, well. Looks like we’ve got a bit of problem here”” Nichkhun said while slowly walking towards the two people who were not pressed against the wall of the dead end. “You’ve got nowhere to go, Ok Taecyeon. You’ve got no choice but show me who the girl you’re currently trying to hide is.”

          Ok Taecyeon stared at the man before him. He hesitated for a moment and said “Okay, if you’re so eager to find out who this person is, I don’t think I have any option but to show her.”

          Quickly shifting the woman he was holding in his arms, Taecyeon yanked at Yuri’s arm and exposed her face to Nichkhun, who was now sporting a confused look on his face.

          “What the…” Nichkhun sputtered “Who the hell is this?”

          Yuri kept changing her gaze from the man who was currently gripping her wrists to the man who was looking her up and down.

          “I…uh...” she started, but couldn’t complete her sentence. She stood there stuttering, red in the face and absolutely confused at what was going on.

 


 

          “Why don’t you have a cup of tea, Ms. Kwon. I’m sure that’ll help you calm down a bit” Park Jaebeom was handing a steaming cup to Yuri, who was currently sitting down on a white couch outside Ok Taecyeon’s office.

          Park Jaebeom was Ok Taecyeon’s closest business partner. Every decision that Taecyeon made was put through Jaebeom’s opinion first. Jay is more than a workmate for Taec; the two were the best of friends. This is exactly the reason why Jaebeom was now inside Taecyeon’s office with Yuri, trying to work out the mess that happened earlier that night.

          “The tea definitely helps, Mr. Park, but what I really would like right now is some answers. Is there any way that I could go and talk with Mr. Ok?” Yuri said after taking a sip of the tea Jaebeom handed to her.

          “I think Taec is on the phone with Yoona at the moment, but I’m sure that once they’re done, the both of you are going to have a long talk. I know that you realize how big of a mess the three of you are in right now. And there’s no doubt that Taec and Yoona are cooking up a plan to fix this as we speak. So now Ms. Kwon, I suggest that you just take your tea and relax for a bit, cause I don’t think that you’ll have the luxury of doing so once Taec comes out of his office with his plan. Oh, and I think it would be better if you started calling me Jay or Jaebeom; I have a feeling that we’ll have to appear to be close to other people for the next couple of weeks.”

          Jay talked to Yuri in a calm and reassuring voice; Yuri was almost convinced that everything was going to turn our okay. However, the last points that he pointed out scared Yuri a bit. What exactly is Ok Taecyeon planning?

 

Author's Note:

Another update! Yay!!! 

Uhmmm...not a lot of things are revealed in this chapter. I really don't like making cliff hangers in my stories, but I am kind of OC about the length of my chapters. Every chapter has not more than 1000 words in them, which explains why this feels a bit cut...sorry about that!

You may have noticed that I introduced a new character in this chapter: Jaebeom! I didn't provide a character list at the beginning of the story because I like to reveal the characters slowly as the fic progresses. This explains why Yoona and Nichkhun had a surprise appearance in the last chapters. In line with that, I've finished the next few chapters and they feature a few more new characters, which includes some SNSD girls, some 2PM boys and my favorite couple! So please anticipate for that :)

I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter and please continue on supporting this fic! *hug*

 

P.S. I finally got around to replying to your comments :D check them out at below! :)