Chapter 2

Getting There

 

            “Oh, you’re here.” Choi Sooyoung said as she saw Yuri come into her office. It was only 7:30 am, which meant that Yuri was 30 minutes early. However, this wasn’t surprising as today is Yuri’s first official day as The Chronicle’s newest reporter and the day she would get her first assignment.

            “Annyeonghaseyo! I hope you don’t mind that I’m a bit early today. I couldn’t sleep at all last night, you see…” Yuri said.

            Sooyoung let out a small laugh. “Newcomers are always excited at first. I just hope you’ll stay that optimistic when you hear what your assignment’s going to be. Take a seat.”

Sooyoung then took out a white folder from a drawer under her desk, handed it over to Yuri and said to her, “In here is your first assignment.”

            Yuri opened the folder and inside she saw a personal profile of a man that was familiar to her. The picture enclosed with the profile showed a handsome man in his mid-twenties. The man was dressed in an expensive looking suit, was tall and had a good physique. He had a very business-like feel to him. However, the first thing that stood out for the new reporter was the man’s eyes; to other people, they may seem serious and maybe even cold, but it somehow for Yuri, radiates a warm feeling.

            “This man, he’s Ok Taecyeon isn’t he? The heir of Ok Corporations, the largest conglomerate in Korea?” Yuri said. “I don’t understand; my first assignment is about him?”

            Ok Taecyeon was someone that everyone would know about. The man was going to inherit that largest company in Korea, so naturally there was a certain buzz surrounding him.

            “Exactly.” Sooyoung replied. “There have been rumors regarding the health of President Ok, Taecyeon’s father. Their side haven’t released an official statement yet, but we all know what’s coming is inevitable; Taecyeon will take over the company soon. Currently, he’s the CEO for the real estate sector of the company. You’re assignment is to go undercover and work for Ok Taecyeon in order to find out more about him.”

            “Go undercover? But why? I haven’t heard of any scandals regarding Ok Taecyeon. He seems like a pretty good guy.” Yuri said.

            “That’s the point though! Ok Taecyeon is too clean, it’s almost weird. No one could have that clean a record, especially a person of such high estate as the Ok’s. I’m sure that there must be something about him; a mysterious past, a secret romance, anything! I just want to make sure that the first newspaper to publish something juicy about Ok Taecyeon is The Chronicle, and you’re going to make that happen.”

            Yuri was a bit unsure about this. It seemed like an extremely difficult assignment. It was like she was going into something she didn’t know anything about; she didn’t even know what exactly she was supposed to be looking for.

            “Uhmmm…I don’t know about this Ms. Choi.”

            “I thought you said that you were willing to do anything for this job? To be honest, we’ve been having trouble finding the right person for this job. All the rest of the reporters are either too scared of what the Ok’s would do to them if they get caught, or don’t have the right image for the job. When I first met you, I sensed that you were the kind of girl who wouldn’t have these kinds of insecurities and is passionate enough for her craft to go through any kind of challenge. Ms. Kwon, I am telling you right now, if you play your cards right and give me a great investigative piece on Ok Taecyeon, your career as a news journalist would sky rocket and I assure you that you will go places.”

            Yuri stared at Sooyoung for a while. She knew that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone like her. Ms. Choi was right, a story like this can jumpstart her career and open more doors for her, something that Yuri desperately needed. But in as much as she was honored that she was chosen for this chance, she was also worried that she would be able to pull off the job. Yuri felt as though taking this assignment would cause her a big headache.

            But still, she thought, it is a great opportunity for me. I mean, where else can I be given such a chance?

            Throwing all her doubts aside, Yuri said, “Okay, I’ll do it! And I promise you Ms. Choi, you are going to have a great piece after all of this is done.”

            “I knew you’ll take the job.” Sooyoung said with a smile on her face. “We’ve already made arrangements for your assignment. You’ll start working for Ok Corporations tomorrow as Taecyeon’s new secretary.  You can get all the information from my secretary outside. Oh, and I’ll require you to come in to the office at least once a week, so that you can report on your current status.”

            Yuri stood up from her chair. “Don’t worry, Ms. Choi. I won’t let you down!”

            With that, Yuri bowed goodbye and left Choi Sooyoung’s office. On the way out, she took the folder that the secretary gave her, which contained the information on her new “job”.

            “You just have to stay positive about this, Yuri!” she started talking to herself again. “Just think of how much fun this going to be; you get to write and you even get to play detective!”

            As the tall woman walked out of the waiting room, the secretary was giving Yuri strange looks again, but the latter didn’t even notice as she was busy trying to convince herself that what she was about to walk into isn’t going to be one of the wildest rides of her life.

 

Author's Notes:

I'm back with Chapter 2! Hahaha...

@jk31399 - thank you soo much for commenting! it  means so much to me that someone actually took the time to even look at my fic :) i promise i'll work harder to write better chapters and sweeter taecyul scenes!

So, how did you like the newest chapter? Again, i know it's really uneventful, but this time, we get to have an idea of exactly what kind of relationship Taecyeon and Yuri are gonna have, and how they end up falling in love...(cause this is a TaecYul fic)

Comments are very much welcome okay? :)

P.S. Taecyeon makes an appearance at the next chapter, so please anticipate for that! :D