Chapter 13

Reunited (A YeSung Love Story)

There was a pause. No one said anything. Then suddenly the door opened. Jenny looked me up and down the walked back into her room. I followed. “Sit down” she said doing so herself on her bed. She picked up her homework book and continued whatever she was doing. “What is it?” she asked without even looking at me. I swallowed. But not so hard she could here. “It’s been real hectic lately and…” I paused. Was that the right way to put it?She looked up at me, still keeping silent. “They told me you wanted to cause trouble.” I could sense a tear building up in her eye. I looked at her concerned. “Who said!?” Jenny took a deep breath. “The other girls.” She shook her head. “I didn’t want to listen to them but, I had to!” She held her head as if she was confused. “I feel so mixed up! I just wanted my best friend back, but I wanted Aidan and popularity at the same time!” She was defiantly crying now. “I should’ve helped you when I had the chance! But I didn’t and I’m really, really sorry!!” I got up and moved closer to her, she stood up and gave me a hug. “It’s ok.” I said to her. By now I was crying to, we were in a terrible state.

 

I walked home feeling better with myself. Me and Jen had made up. I still had Aidan to deal with...but why should I worry with that, now? I had Jenny on my side. When I got home I ran up the stairs and went straight into my room. No doubt Ye Sung would be waiting there! I burst in through the door to his shocked face. “It went well?” he guessed with my expression. I nodded. He smiled at me. “I knew it would!” he told me standing up from where he was sitting on my bed. “It’s hard not to forgive you!” he said rapping his arms around me. I pulled away, shaking my head. “This is all so so weird.” He glared at me. “Within a week my life has gone to hell and back. It’s just all a bit…a bit…” I couldn’t think of the right word. “Overwhelming?” I looked at Ye Sung. “Yeah.” I sighed and nodded. “If you don’t mind, I want to sleep early.” “O-oh of course.” He stuttered. “I’m going to go downstairs anyway.” He replied nervously. I was confused why he was talking to that but couldn’t be bothered to interrogate him. “Night-night” he said reaching over to me. He held my head a kissed me lightly on the forehead. “Sweet dreams”. Then he left. I touched my forehead, brushing my fridge away out of my eyes. “Sweet dreams?” I whispered.