Bonus Chapter 02~

When Mr. Flirt Meets Mr. Nerd

 


 

Bonus Chapter 02~

 

 

"So?"

 

 

"So what?"

 

 

"Did he ask you?" 

 

 

"Ask me what?"

 

 

Ryeowook sighed exasperatedly and threw a look to Hyukjae over Sungmin's head.

He hated it the most when Sungmin was completely lost to the world and clueless about what was happening around him while his fingers moved furiously over the screen of his phone, texting. Who you ask? Of course, the boy's most lovely boyfriend- Cho Kyuhyun. 

 

Sungmin had his pink tongue out as he typed into his phone, with small giggles escaping his lips every five seconds. 

"Oye Lee Sungmin!" Ryeowook hissed as he pulled away their harum-scarum friend's phone;  earning a sharp squeal of indignation. 

 

 

"Ryeowook, why would you do that? I was talking to Kyuhyun!" Sungmin whined as Ryeowook kept the phone out of his reach. 

 

"Sungminnie, you're really mean. " Ryeowook complained. "Hyukjae and I literally helped you guys get together and now you ignore us like this."

 

 

"I do not ignore you-  .. wait what?!" Sungmin's voice increased an octave and he glared daggers at his two friends. "What do you mean by 'helping us get together' ? Kim Ryeowook, Lee Hyukjae what did you two do?!" 

 

"Oops." Ryeowook muttered under his breath and made a motion to get up from the chair but unfortunately for him, Hyukjae got a firm hold of his arm. "If I'm gonna be in trouble, I'm taking down you with me." He stuck out his tongue while Ryeowook pouted and settled back into the chair. 

 

"So explain!" 

 

"That is not the point here!" Ryeowook argued. " The point is why hasn't your loving boyfriend not asked you to the dance yet?"

 

Fortunately for the two of them, Sungmin seemed to have forgotten everything about them possibly sabotaging his love life and he slumped over the desk.

"I don't know, you guys. I mean the dance is next week and now would be a really good time to ask your boyfriend to it but no, you have to be cute nerd and forget all about the finer things in life." Sungmin bemoaned, completely oblivious to the relieved smiles on Hyukjae and Ryeowook's faces.

 

"Why don't you do the asking?" Hyukjae quipped, like it was the most obvious thing to do.

 

Sungmin blinked.  " I could, hey I could do the asking!" He shouted happily earning a couple of hisses and be-quiets from rest of the people in the library.

 

"Problem solved!" 

 

"But I haven't really asked anyone before, so I'm not sure as to how I should go about- "

 

 

"Well then, problem not solved." Hyukjae grumbled while Ryeowook giggled at the expression of misery on his friend's face.

 

 

 

"I will show you how its done!" Ryeowook declared. "Oye, Lee Hyukjae. You and me, let's go to the dance together?" 

 

"Oh sure! I'll be there. " Hyukjae shrugged as if it was the easiest thing ever. 

 

 

With a happy smile, Ryeowook turned towards Sungmin and spoke, "See, Sungminnie, it isn't really that difficult!"

Seeing his friend throwing doubtful glances at him, he rolled his eyes, "And you have to ask your boyfriend to the dance, the same guy who's head over heels in love with you. You don't even have to worry about him refusing."

 

 

"What if he does?!" Sungmin's eyes widened in horror. "What if Kyuhyun breaks up with me!?"

 

 

"Ouch!" Sungmin pouted as both of his friends smacked his head. "This is not the time to be childish, Sungmin!" 

 

 

" Okay okay fine,  I'll ask Kyuhyun to the dance."  Ryeowook and Hyukjae let out a cheer of joy. 

 

 

                        "....only if he doesn't ask me by end of the week."

 

 

Hyukjae flipped his notebook while Ryeowook facepalmed. 

 

***

 

"Sungmin?! What are you doing here? " Kyuhyun squeaked out and pushed his eye glasses up his nose in a hurry, in the same dorky way that Sungmin had fallen in love with. 

"You need to stop doing that!" Sungmin whined as he took a seat next to his boyfriend. Kyuhyun blinked in confusion.

 

 

"Stop doing what?" 

 

Sungmin flicked Kyuhyun's nose with his finger and laughed at the boy's bewildered expression. "You're so cute Cho."

 

"I am not cute!" 

 

 

"Yes you are."

 

 

"I am not! If there's anyone that's cute, its you Min."

 

 

"I can't hear you~ " Sungmin sang and stuck out his tongue childishly. Kyuhyun simply sighed and arranged his papers on the table," What brings you to the electronics lab anyway? I haven't seen you in here in like, forever."

 

"Well Hyukjae and Ryeowook got into detention again, so I figured I could keep you company instead of going home alone." Sungmin smiled happily. Kyuhyun laughed, "They got into detention? Woah, are they gonna break some record for the most number of detentions or something?" 

 

"Let's just say that lady luck hasn't been gracing them much, off late." Sungmin giggled lightly. 

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled and stood up from his seat, "I'll finish up this experiment real quick and then we can leave alright?" 

 

Nodding, Sungmin sank back into the chair and watched Kyuhyun fiddling with a couple of wires, connecting them into the breadboard and the power supply....doing all the serious, nerdy things in which he had no interest at all but he still liked watching his boyfriend perform all those experiments. 

 

Seeing Kyuhyun being all so serious and focused was certainly a sight to see, and Sungmin secretly adored watching Kyuhyun's concentrated face. He giggled to himself as Kyuhyun kept muttering while writing down his observations neatly onto the paper.

 

"Min could you pass me more connecting wires?" Kyuhyun asked softly. After handing over the blue and white wires, Sungmin plastered himself over Kyuhyun's broad back, wrapping his arms around the taller boy's waist.. watching quietly as Kyuhyun worked.  

 

 

 

Kyuhyun tinkered with a couple of integrated circuits, connecting them and noting down the outcomes at different inputs methodically, not seeming to mind the way Sungmin was clinging onto his back, at all.  Whenever Kyuhyun moved to fetch a new equipment, Sungmin followed suit.. although Sungmin was doing it unknowingly, it was all very adorable and amusing in Kyuhyun's eyes.  

 

After a couple of minutes, all the observations were noted down. "All done!" Kyuhyun declared victoriously and turned around to face his boyfriend.  He enveloped Sungmin into a warm hug and pecked the tip of his nose, "Thank you for helping me koala bear."

 

 

"I didn't do anything, Kyu. It was all you~ " Sungmin stifled a yawn and spoke sleepily, " Can we go home now?" 

 

"Sure we can." Kyuhyun gave Sungmin's arm a gentle squeeze and smiled. "But first would you mind doing something for me?"

 

 

"What is it?"

 

 

"Put out your hands." Kyuhyun whispered softly against Sungmin's earlobe. Sungmin obliged, only to be confused with what was put into his palm. 

 

 

"What is this Kyuhyun?" He asked in bewilderment. 

 

Kyuhyun seemed to be a little flustered as he spoke in a low voice, "This is an memory circuit and its for you."

 

 

Sungmin blinked, "Okaaaay?"

 

Although it seemed very weird and strange for Sungmin at that time, he decided just to pocket the circuit piece so that they could go home without any further ado.

 

 

Three days later, it was friday and Lee Sungmin was sitting in the library all alone, sulking in his little corner because his boyfriend had failed to ask him to the dance despite of him hinting multiple times all throught the week. 

Kyuhyun was busy doing his lab reports all day long, and Sungmin didn't really have the heart to disturb him because the boy looked like a walking zombie with all the impending submissions, assignments and reports to complete. Taking a course in electronics wasn't a joke after all.

 

 

 

 

Sungmin sighed loudly as he turned the page of a comic book he'd been reading, completely oblivious to the glares being thrown over his head by the rest of the people on the table.

"Why do you have to be so dumb Cho Kyuhyun." He bemoaned to himself, playing with the circuit piece in his hands. Although he had no use of it... the boy didn't even know what the heck it's used for but Sungmin figured he could just hold on to it, since it seemed to be important to Kyuhyun. 

 

"Sungmin, is this seat taken?" A voice suddenly brought him out of his thoughts.

 

 

Sungmin looked up to see the school's tennis star- Choi Siwon smiling dazzingly down at him. Nodding awkwardly, Sungmin shifted his chair closer to the bookshelf to allow the taller boy to sit.

 

"Thank you." Siwon murmured with a bright smile. 

 

 

Sungmin smiled back and proceeded to flip the page of his comic book, lazily playing with the black circuit with his fingers. Siwon spoke all of a sudden, "Prom?" 

 

"Excuse me?" Sungmin felt horrified, what if his friends were actually telling the truth, was Choi Siwon asking him to the dance before his own boyfriend could?! 

 


"That circuit in your hand. Is that Prom?" Siwon rested his face into his palms and stared at Sungmin. 

 

Sungmin stopped playing with the circuit and spoke nervously, "I have no clue what you're talking about." 

 

 

"Programmable read-only memory.. P.R.O.M." Siwon stated as a matter of fact. "Its a digital memory to store permanent data in electronic devices."

 

"Wait what?!" Sungmin shouted loudly causing Siwon to raise his eyebrow in surprise.

 

The gears in Sungmin's brain  were finally falling into place as he finally understood why his stupid, idiotic, adorable, loving boyfriend gave the device to him in the first place. Sungmin let out a breathless chuckle and gave Siwon's hand an excited squeeze, pushing his chair back violently he stood up.

 

 

"Thank you! Thank you so much Siwon!" Sungmin beamed happily, his eyes twinkling in glee as he stuffed his things into his backpack rapidly. And in less than a second, Sungmin rushed out of the room, clutching the black memory device in his palms tightly.

 

He ran along the corridors of the school, muttering his excuses and sorry's as he barely managed to avoid hitting people. Sungmin laughed as he finally stood across the laboratory with his chest heaving in exertion. 

 

Kyuhyun had to be the most nerdiest, cutest, dumbest boyfriend anyone could ever ask for, and he wouldn't have him any other way. 

 

 

"Cho Kyuhyun!" Sungmin shouted at the top of his voice as he flung open the door to the laboratory.

 

 

Thirty pairs of eyes stared him down, and unfortunately for Sungmin, none of them belonged to his boyfriend. He turned bright red as he read Mechanical Lab on the door of the room. Blushing crimson, Sungmin muttered apologies quickly and shut the door quietly, not wanting to embarrass himself any further. 

 

"Sungmin?" A soft velvety voice spoke from behind him. 

 

 

"Kyuhyun!" Sungmin yelled and threw himself into his surprised boyfriend's arms. "Kyuhyun, you're such an idiot! Yes yes! I'll go to the Prom with you, you nerd!"

 

 

Kyuhyun held Sungmin by his elbows and laughed,"So you finally figured it out, huh?" 

 

"I kept wondering why you hadn't asked me to the dance yet, you know?" Sungmin whined, smacking Kyuhyun's chest for good measure and then buried his face into the crook of his boyfriend's neck.

 

Kyuhyun smiled apologetically and rubbed Sungmin's back in comfort, "I'm sorry Min." 

 

"I don't know whether I want to kiss you right now or punch you for being so cute and nerdy." A muffled reply arose from his chest causing Kyuhyun to laugh aloud.

 

 

"May I have some kisses up here, please? " Kyuhyun teased, patting his finger to his pursed lips.  

 

Sungmin stifled a laugh as he peeked a look. "If I kiss you, would you stop pouting your lips?" Sungmin asked, shaking his head in amusement.

 

 

"Well why don't you try it and find out for yourself?" 

 

"Don't mind if I do." Sungmin whispered with a smile, before taking on Kyuhyun's challege and pressing his bow-shaped lips onto Kyuhyun's full ones into a sweet kiss.

Kyuhyun's arm fell to Sungmin's waist as he tugged the shorter boy even closer than before, his fingers weaving through Sungmin's brown hair as they kissed like they were short on time. 

 

 

"Uhh Kyuhyun? Don't you have submissons to complete?" Sungmin managed to murmur between the kisses.  

 

Kyuhyun's eyes shot open at the sudden realization and he cursed, "Oh ." 

 

 

Sungmin laughed as Kyuhyun quickly pressed a soft kiss to his lips before stumbling over his feet...shouting out a hurried promise to catch up with him later before disappearing back into the classroom.

 

 

Once a dork, always a dork.

 

 


[A/N]

First of all, thank you so much for all your kind words and love to this story, 

I really didn't think so many people would be so keen to a bonus chapter haha <33

I hope you enjoyed reading this ;3  

ps. I had the idea of using P.R.O.M while studying digital design circuits last week ... so this is what my tweet about "thinking about kyumin in middle of doing an assignment" was all about XDD