Chapter 01~

When Mr. Flirt Meets Mr. Nerd

 


  

Chapter 01~ 

 

Just another bright sunny day at the school, Sungmin flipped through the pages of a comic book lazily, sitting comfortably in the confines of the library. 
You see Sungmin was simply waiting in the library for his friends to finish with detention.

 

That's what Hyukjae and Ryeowook got for throwing paper planes at him in class.  Ha! Those little ers.   

 

 

 

He suppressed a yawn and narrowed his eyes at the grandfather clock behind the water cooler, twenty more minutes until he could escape from all those piles of reference books..that kept screaming at him to study. But no, Lee Sungmin doesnt open a text book a week prior to the tests.

Sungmin had almost nodded off to sleep when a booming voice startled him out of his wits. He frowned upon seeing a bulky guy crowing upon a boy- a very dashing boy if you’d ask for his opinion. 

 

 


"You. Cho nerd give me your math assignment before I pulverize you to dust." Kangin glared upon the boy who had his nose buried under a textbook. 

Sungmin looked up in alarm at Kangin's huge form looming over that nerdy boy; he pitied such the handsome.. poor erm soul from the bottom of his heart-noone deserved to be bullied after all. 

 

 


"Why don't you call for a cab and go back home to fetch your brain. Cause you’re clearly lost without them. " The boy answered calmly barely lifting his head from the book. 


Sungmin snorted which quickly turned into awkward coughs as Kangin shot him a menacing glare. Hey, he didn't want to get into trouble with anyone.

 


 "How dare you-" Kangin yelled slamming his hands onto the table, furious at the lack of reaction from the kid.

Kyuhyun merely rolled his eyes and murmured with his eyes still glued to the book,"I suggest you leave before the librarian throws you out."

 

 

"What the..."

 

 


"She's quite a feisty young woman." Kyuhyun continued waving a hello to the old ahjumma at the entrance of the library.

 


Kangin looked at the librarian glaring daggers at him and swallowed," I'll get you later."

 

 


"Oh sure you will and I was born just yesterday. " Kyuhyun answered in disinterest much to Sungmin's surprise. 

 

 

"Oh go yourself. " Kangin snarled savagely wanting nothing more to get a rise out of this poised nerd.


Kyuhyun sighed and looked up explaining patiently," I can’t.. you see  it's not so long."

 


                
Sungmin burst into peals of laughter as Kangin stomped out of the library in defeat. 

 

Kyuhyun turned towards Sungmin and winked at the boy. Sungmin felt something pleasant stirring in his heart at the gesture and he resisted the urge to flail around.

 

 

 

Before Sungmin could open his mouth to say anything, Hyukjae and Ryeowook sauntered into the library and pulled him up. Throwing a small smile in Kyuhyun’s direction, Sungmin allowed himself to be dragged out of the library with his two friends yapping away into his ear about how torturous the detention was. 


So that was the first and unfortunately the last time Sungmin saw the 'Cho nerd'

 

 

Sungmin had forgotten all about the small incident at the library until a year later..

 

 

Mrs. Kang turned towards her class with a smile, her pretty dimples showing in," Boys, we have a new addition to our class this year. Now now, no need of those smirks. Be good to Kyuhyun, he's very smart and skipped a grade to join us.  Behave now; be nice to him, okay?" 

 

Sungmin rolled his eyes at Hyukjae grinning maniacally while flipping the pages of a magazine.  They were in school for crying out loud!  And it was the start of the day; absolutely not the best idea for .

 

 


"Cho Kyuhyun. " a voice as smooth as velvet spoke successfully drawing Sungmin from his task of smacking his erted friend’s head.

 

 

Sungmin gasped a little as his eyes fell upon the soft brown curls and a very familiar face. He felt himself shiver pleasantly as Kyuhyun pushed his glasses up his nose cooly as he walked to the seat right behind Sungmin. 
 

He plastered a flirty grin onto his face and turned back in a handsome(well according to him) smooth manner.

 

 

Do you know what my shirt is made up of?” Sungmin smiled gorgeously.

 

Kyuhyun lifted his head up from his book and studied a nervous Sungmin before stating,” Cotton.”

 

 


Sungmin widened his eyes in disbelief; he’d been so sure that this Cho Kyuhyun would have replied with a no and he could toss his head handsomely and say boyfriend material and bam he’d have Kyuhyun’s attention.

 

What just happened?

 


Kyuhyun sniffed a little and buried his nose back into his book much to Sungmin’s dismay.

 


Attempt number one- fail.

 

~~

 

 


A week later in Gym class..

 

 

All the boys were dressed in red shorts, with white t-shirts; a look that got along with Kyuhyun so well; well at least according to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin stood on the aisle snickering as he watched Ryeowook and Hyukjae shriek and run around the court dodging the balls thrown by the opposition team. Sungmin felt his heart thump against his ribs as Kyuhyun threw a small smile in his direction. 

 

 

 No wait, he should’nt be delusional; maybe Kyuhyun just had a muscle spaz or something. Why would the boy he was crushing on smile at him anyway.

 


You’ve got it baaaad~” Hyukjae sang into his ear.

Ryeowook latched on to Sungmin’s shoulders and snickered,”You’ve got it soo baaaad~”

 

 

Sungmin turned crimson and squeaked while pinching Ryeowook’s arm viciously,” What are you talking about?!”

“You like Cho Kyuhyun.” Hyukjae prompted, wriggling his eyebrows at the fidgety boy.

 


I do not!” Sungmin squawked eyeing Kyuhyun loitering at the corner of the basketball court. Ryeowook and Hyukjae merely cackled before shoving Sungmin towards Kyuhyun. Sungmin swallowed a little before stepping beside Kyuhyun who seemed to be staring in some direction; deep in thought.

 


“Maybe I should talk to him later.” Sungmin whispered to himself readying himself to march back to his friends. But looking at their looks of disapproval, he stood his ground.

 

Sungmin mustered up courage and finally spoke smoothly,” Hey, is that a psp in your pocket or are you just excited to see me?”

 

 


Much to Sungmin’s surprise, Kyuhyun proceeded to feel his shorts and exclaimed,”Oh would you look at that! My psp was there all that time and here I was wondering where’d it go. Thanks Sungmin!”


With that Kyuhyun patted a crestfallen Sungmin’s head gratefully and situated himself over the bench;pressing the buttons of his game console furiously.

 

 

“What did just happen?” Sungmin wondered staring at Kyuhyun’s concentrated face; and he failed to notice the bombarding ball thrown in his direction. And Sungmin went down like a sack of potatoes.

 

“Lee Sungmin striked out!” The coach called out; choosing the next boy to be thrown into the game of dodge ball.

 


Attempt number two: fail.


~~

 


So Sungmin found himself limping towards the infirmary all alone; Hyukjae and Ryeowook had run off to find a table for them in the cafeteria while he was left to tend to his bruised knee. Tch!

 

Sungmin squeaked out in mortification seeing Kyuhyun taking out his books at the locker as he walked down the corridor to the nurse; his heart did a cartwheel looking at how Kyuhyun’s arms flexed while taking out heavy reference books from his locker. 

 

 


He looked around the corridor cautiously and then sighed in relief seeing that everyone had almost left for lunch. Sungmin walked towards Kyuhyun and stood beside the said boy shyly.

 

He turned towards Kyuhyun and murmured, “Do you have a band-aid? Cause I just scraped my knee-”

 


“Sure I do!” Kyuhyun cut with a smile and rummaged into his backpack to bring out a band-aid.

 


....falling for you.

 

 

 


Dammit! His mind screamed at him.

 

 Sungmin watched astounded as Kyuhyun gently placed a blue band-aid with rockets designed over; into his palm and pushed up his glasses up his nose and cracked a dorky grin that had his heart beating over 150 miles per hour.

 

 


“Be careful Sungmin-ah ” Kyuhyun called out to him; swinging his backpack over his shoulders and walking towards the cafeteria, leaving an open mouthed Sungmin behind.

 

 

Attempt three: fail.


~~

 

 

Two weeks later~

 

Seeing Kyuhyun heading towards the cafeteria, Sungmin scuttled behind the object of his affections.Shoving Ryeowook and Hyukjae’s faces away from him, Sungmin hurried his footsteps.

 

He skidded past a couple of students and stopped handsomely(well he hoped) beside Kyuhyun. Sungmin arched up an eyebrow and murmured huskily,”Do you know CPR? Cause you just took my breat-”

 

 


Kyuhyun smiled at him and answered,”Of course I do! We learnt that last month in health class, remember?”


 Seeing Sungmin’s look of disbelief, Kyuhyun chuckled at patted the cute boy’s fluffy hair gently before remarking,”You sure are getting pretty forgetful eh, Sungmin?”

 

 

Sungmin let out a dismayed squeak as Kyuhyun shot him a gorgeous smile before waving him goodbye.

 

 

Attempt twenty nine: fail.


~~

 


Five weeks later, all we had was a pretty oblivious Cho Kyuhyun and a pretty frustrated and pouting Lee Sungmin. 

 

 

Sungmin twiddled his thumbs hesitatingly as he glanced over Kyuhyun’s concentrated form. He turned quickly just as Mrs.Kang shifted to write something onto the board. Sungmin resisted the urge to squeal at Kyuhyun pushing up his eye glasses up his nose before chewing on his bottom lip thoughtfully.

 


He cursed softly tapping the screen of his cell phone with a frown,”Crap there’s something wrong with my phone.”

 

This would turn out to be great, Sungmin knew it! It wasnt advertised as the best entry on the pick up lines galore website (that had become his morning newspaper the past couple of months) for nothing!

 

 

Kyuhyun arched up an eyebrow at Sungmin’s outburst, and he outstretched his palms in Sungmin’s direction,” Can I see it? Maybe I can fix it for you. ” Kyuhyun smiled gently.

 


Damn it.  Sungmin hadn't expected that.

 

Kyuhyun was supposed to ask him what was wrong with his phone and he would have flicked back his hair bangs and answered- the only thing that was wrong with his phone was that Kyuhyun’s number wasnt on it. And then score! He would have Kyuhyun’s contacts.

 

Sungmin chuckled nervously and scratched his hair sheepishly while handling his phone to Kyuhyun. 

 

 

Attempt sixty nine: fail.

 

Oh yeah, Lee Sungmin had been trying since a very long time, alright. Stupid, dorky, handsome, dashing and oblivious Kyu! Damn you ><

 

~~

 

 

A couple of days later~

 

Kyuhyun shut his book with a sigh and stood up to leave the library only to be stopped with a very familiar voice protesting.            

 

"I tried so many pickup lines, guys~ But my nerd is too dense to notice me!"

 

 


Isn't that Sungmin's voice?  Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows and stopped dead in his tracks. 

 

"So you gonna give up on your first crush, Sungmin?" Kyuhyun heard Ryeowook scolding. 

 

 

The three friends were right behind Kyuhyun with only the thick bookcase separating them; but Kyuhyun could hear them talking so clearly. 

 

He parted a couple of reference books and stayed as quietly as he could, eavesdropping on Sungmin's conversation sneakily.

 

 

From what Kyuhyun perceived,  Sungmin had a crush on someone. 

 

Oh.

 


"He's the most dumbest,  densest, cutest gorgeous person I've ever seen in my entire life!"  He heard Sungmin whining adorably. 

 

"Why don't you just talk to him directly,  Min. Ask for him to help you with math or something. "Hyukjae added helpfully.  

 

 


"Math? Nuh uh. "  Sungmin scorned.

 


"He'd probably rattle off numbers and formulaes and I'd be lost." He finished in dismay.    

                       

Kyuhyun chuckled silently, so Sungmin hated math? 
                       

 


                 
He also wondered who this lucky nerd could be who was the source of Sungmin's affections.


From what he had gathered,  Sungmin liked someone who was good in math, but yet was the densest person ever.

 

 

So who could it possibly be? 

 

 


There was Yunho, a senior who'd won the math olympiad; but everyone knew that he was in a relationship with the feisty Jaejoong. So surely it couldn't be him.

 

 

And then there was Kibum,  a year younger than them- silent and deadly.  His boyfriend was the football team captain-Changmin.

 


                                                           
"I just feel like giving up." Kyuhyun heard Sungmin sigh in dismay.                           

 

"Oh come on,  Sungmin. " Hyukjae cried out. 

 

 

 

"Maybe we're not meant to be. " Sungmin finished sadly.

 

 


Kyuhyun felt his heart hurt at Sungmin's miserable voice; he felt really annoyed at this stupid math genius that Sungmin had a crush on. 

 

Like seriously,  how can anyone be so dense to not notice such a cute adorable boy like Sungmin?

 

 

 

Ryeowook looked at Sungmin knowingly and mumbled, " This Cho Kyuhyun isn't anyone great,  Sungmin.  We will find someone more dashing and handsome for you!" 

 


Wait.  

 

Cho Kyuhyun? !

 

 

 

 

Him? He was the stupid dense nerd? Oh my god.  Kyuhyun squeaked and then clasped his palm against his mouth as Hyukjae raised an eyebrow in his direction.

 

Sungmin liked him?! How did he not see that?  Kyuhyun wondered in dismay;  was he really that dense?  

 

 

He didn't even realise it that the cutest gorgeous boy in his class had a crush on him! Cho Kyuhyun!

 

Kyuhyun felt his heart leap into his throat at Sungmin whining, " I don't want anyone else but handsome Kyu.."

 

 

Sungmin just called him handsome. Kyuhyun pinched himself to see whether he was dreaming.  There was no way anyone could like his dorky eye glasses and acne scars, right?     

                  


"Oh dear." Ryeowook mumbled.  

 

"But I'm not so sure anymore. " Sungmin exclaimed much to Kyuhyun’s horror.

 

 


"Maybe it's for the best that I give up. ", Sungmin finished in resignation.

 

Ryeowook and Hyukjae shared worried glances at each other and patted Sungmin's shoulder in comfort. 

 

"Let's go now,  we're getting late for literature. " Sungmin concluded, leaving the library with his friends, never even realising that his ultimate crush had been evesdropping on him not less than a meter away. 

 

~~

 


Sungmin sighed sadly while nestling his head comfortably under his arms as he slept on the lawn, the scent of fresh grass tingling his senses pleasantly. It had been three hours since he’d decided to give up on Kyuhyun.

 

Sungmin was secretly too shy to talk to Kyuhyun directly, afraid that he might ramble a lot and end up having verbal diarrhea in front of his crush. He sat up straight and plucked a few blades of grass from the ground and exhaled.

 

 


“Roses are red..

Violets are blue

You might not know me

But I love you “

 

 


Sungmin slapped his cheek tightly and flailed his arms, no he won’t think of Kyuhyun anymore. 

 

 

Unknown to him Kyuhyun was within two meter radius of the boy, sitting on the opposite side of the tree; finding solace with his books (cough.cutenerd.cough) 

He heard Sungmin’s sweet voice singing and he subconsciously found himself smiling at Sungmin’s cute poem..until he heard of the end, he sat up straight and a sad look came into his eyes at how stupid and dense he’d been.

 

 


Oh why oh why was he blessed with brains and intelligence but no senses of noticing the cutest boy in class flirting with him. Tch!

 

Sungmin stood up from the lawn on hearing the towerclock chiming, he patted his gently removing the tiny blades of grass and dirt on his pants before swinging his backpack over his shoulders. He walked to the other end of the tree only to gasp seeing Kyuhyun’s leaning over the tree bark, fast asleep.

 

Sungmin peered onto Kyuhyun’s sleeping form and sighed looking at Kyuhyun’s long eyelashes underneath his glasses; and his gorgeous pair of plump and so deliciously soft lips, 


“You may fall from the sky, you may fall from a tree, but the best way to fall...is in love with me.”

 


~~

 


Kyuhyun opened his eyes the second he heard Sungmin sighing softly;he felt his heart jump up to his throat feeling the cutest boy he'd ever known, leaning towards his form; Sungmin’s warm breath on his cheeks...

 


He glanced at Sungmin's crestfallen form disappearing into the building in dismay ; seeing the normally cheery boy so troubled. 

 

 

Hyukjae and Ryeowook observed the entire scene from a distance and smirked, sending silent messages to each other.

 

The duo marched towards the tree where Kyuhyun was resting against and then Hyukjae exclaimed in a high pitched voice,” Wook, you know- that handsome tennis star was asking about Sungminnie before.  He seemed pretty interested.“

 

 


Kyuhyun’s ears perked up at the unexpected voices and he felt his heart flaring in irritation. Hyukjae gasped in mock surprise, enjoying himself tremendously at their sneaky plan,” You mean Siwon hyung?” 

 

”Yeah, maybe we should introduce him to our Sungminnie.” Ryeowook finished while looping an arm into Hyukjae’s arm and giggling sneakily while rushing away from the lawn.

 

 

What? No, Sungmin can’t like anyone but him! Kyuhyun’s heart screamed. He looked into the sky, feeling troubled.. and then Kyuhyun's lips turned into a smug smile as he gathered his books together,  he'd just thought of a perfect plan.

 

-to be continued-


[A/N]

It's my birthday today meep :3 I share it with Kangin Oppa.. 17th of January ~<3 

Leave me some love  c:

ps#HappyKanginDay and ....coughs awkwardly #HappyAniDay

/runs/