I'm Sorry

Our Journey
YOUR POV
 
It's been 18 months since Chen confessed his feeling to me, and we've officially been going out for 9 months. I felt happy that I gave him a chance, but now I was starting to think it over. Chen is an amazing best friend but such a possessive boyfriend.
 
 Usually, it would be a tiny fight: I would go into my room and Chen would go in his. 1 hour later, we would go back together each other, kiss and make up. But nowadays, we have been fighting a lot worse than before.
 
"I already told you! Jaejoong Oppa and I are co-workers!" I shouted for probably the nth time that night.
 
"Then why would he ask you out to lunch?!" Chen shouted back. "Doesn't he know that we're together?!"
 
"Of course he does!"
 
"Then why is he asking you out to lunch?"
 
"Jaejoong Oppa and I are the co-managers! We went out to lunch to discuss the upcoming interview for new workers!" I shouted in a frustrated tone. I was getting sick of Chen.
 
"It takes 5 lunches to talk about an interview?! You guys have went out everyday this week for lunch! Are you sure that you're not seeing him behind my back?!" He shouted.
 
"You actually think I would cheat on you?! You actually think that?!" I said, shocked at his words.
 
"I don't think that. I know it. You're cheating on me with that Kim Jaejoong!" Chen shouted.
 
Silence. That's all you could hear after Chen shouted. Silence.
 
"Kim Jongdae," I said, trying not to cry and slap him at the same time, "since you think I'm cheating on you, then why are we still together? You should've broken up with me. Here you know what, I'll make your life easier and do it for you," I stood up from the dinner table and looked at him in the eye. "We're over. I'll be back tomorrow while you're at work and take all my stuff," I walked away from him, walking to my room. I grabbed my keys, phone, and wallet and I made my way to the door.
 
"Where you going to go, huh? Your Jaejoong Oppa?" Chen scoffed.
 
"Maybe I will. But why do you care? I'm not your girlfriend anymore. Good bye Kim Jongdae," I said, without looking back.
 
'Damn it. Of course it has to rain this bad right now,' I said as I got into my car and drove away as fast as the speed limit would let me. I picked up the phone, pressed #2 on my speed dial, and waited until the person picked up.
 
"Yeoboseyo?" a sleepy deep voice answered.
 
"Chanyeol Oppa? It's me, Soo Bin," I said, thankful my older brother picked up the phone.
 
"Oh, hey sis. What happened, you're calling me at 11:36 P.M.?" he asked me in a worried tone.
 
"Nothing. I was wondering if I could crash for the night, something came up," I asked, already making my way towards my brother's apartment.
 
"Yeah sure. I'll see you in a few," he said. I could hear him getting out of bed and making his way to the living room.
 
"Thanks Oppa. I'm just parking. I'll be there in like 2 minutes," I said before hanging up. I parked my car, and ran as fast as I could to escape the heavy rain, but I wasn't that lucky since I was still somewhat drenched in rain. I stepped into the escalator and pressed the 5th floor button. As the door opened, I could see my brother waiting there for me.
 
"Hi Oppa," I said, giving him a hug. "Thank you for letting me stay for tonight,"
 
"It's okay. Let's go to the apartment. You should change your clothes; they got all wet in the rain. You could wear one of my shirts and one of Baekhyun's old sweatpants should fit you. He's gone on a trip with his family, so it's just me and you," he said as he hugged me back.
 
That's why I loved my older brother. No matter what time, he'll always be there for me. Never once in my 21 years of existence has he ever yelled at me. If I ever did anything bad, it would only be a small scolding. Whenever no one  else was there, my brother was.
 
After changing out of my wet clothes, I joined Chanyeol in the kitchen, making tea. "Thank you Oppa," I said as he handed me the cup of tea.
 
"No problem. Can I ask why you're staying here?"
 
"Um...Chen and I kinda broke up and I left the place," I said, quietly.
 
"Excuse me?!" Chanyeol yelled, trying not to spit his tea. "Did he hurt you?! You know what? I'm going to get my bat and drive over and have a little talk with that little bas-" Chanyeol said, standing up from his seat.
 
"Oppa, no!" I exclaimed, scared of what he would do. "I broke up with him!"
 
"What? I thought you loved him," Chanyeol said, as he stopped looking for the bat.
 
"I do. It's just that...he thought I was cheating on him with Jaejoong Oppa!" I exclaimed.
 
"He thinks you're cheating on him with Jaejoong?! Kim Jaejoong?!" Chanyeol said shocked.
 
"He wouldn't let me explain! And when he accused me of cheating I just finished the whole thing," I said. I sat down on the chair and the tears came. "I don't want to be hurt anymore. I don't want to love someone who doesn't love me back. It hurts too much for me. I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to, Oppa. I just wanna give up,"
 
"Ssshhh, don't cry!" Chanyeol said, wrapping his arms around me. He placed his chin on my head and continued to hug me. "Don't cry. Oppa's here, so don't cry. I'll give you chocolate if you stop crying," he said trying to bribe me.
 
"I'm not three anymore, Oppa. I'm twenty-one," I said, chuckling at his way to make me better.
 
"Well, you're still so short," he said, ruffling my hair. "Why not you go find a drama to watch, I'll join you in a minute. I have an important call to make, arraso?" Chanyeol said.
 
"Actually I think I'm just gonna go to sleep. I'll be in your room. Good night, Oppa," I said.
 
"Good night," he called after me.
 
CHEN'S POV
 
"Sir, we are closing the bar now," the bartender said. "Would you like me to call a taxi for you?"
 
"Aniyo! I'm not drunk! I can drive!" I said as I laughed. Just because I had about a few shots doesn't mean that I'm drunk.
 
Okay. Maybe I was a little drunk. But only a little.
 
"Okay, then sir. Please be careful. It's raining very bad," the bartender warned. I stumble off my seat and make my way to the car. I drive very carefully not to hit anything as I drive home, fully knowing how dangerous it was with my conditions and the weather conditions mixed together. After parking, I walk into the building without caring I would soon get a cold from the rain. I enter the apartment and say out of habit, "Soo Bin, I'm home!" After no answer, I remember what happened an hour ago. 
 
"Right. You're gone," I said. I take off my shoes but end up tripping over a wire. Instead of getting up, I stay on the floor, leaning against the wall. "Aish, why did I drink so much?" I said a lot, massaging my head, when my phone went off.
 
どうして君を好きになってしまったんだろう
どんなに時が流れても君はずっと
ここにいると思ってたのに
もう帰れない
 
(Why did I end up falling for you?
No matter how much time has passed
I still thought you were right here
Now we can't turn back)
 
"Yeoboseyo?" I answered without checking caller ID.
 
"Chen? It's Chanyeol," the deep voice answers.
 
"Oh hey -"
 
"Don't 'hey' me. Not after you hurt my little sister, you jerk," he said. I could hear the anger in his voice.
 
"She cheated on me. I don't see how I'm the jerk," I scoffed. Of course Chanyeol would take his dear sister's side.
 
"Kim Jaejoong. That's the man that Soo Bin is seeing behind your back right?" he questioned.
 
"Oh, even you know the man she's seeing. No surprise there," I scoff once again.
 
"I would hope to know the man that my COUSIN is married to," Chanyeol said in a dark voice.
 
"No - wait, what? What did you just say?" I said shocked, snapping out of drunkness.
 
"Kim Jaejoong is married to our cousin, Jae Kyung. And they are both very much in love,"
 
"B-b-ut Soo Bin never told me that!" I exclaimed.
 
"You never gave her the chance. Instead being there with you, she's in my apartment, crying herself to sleep. Now usually, as an over-protective brother, I would tell you to stay away from her. Which is exactly what I want you to do, unless you can prove to her and me that you're seriously sorry for this mistake. Thanks to Soo Bin, you're still alive and not in the grave I was about to personally dig and bury you in," Chanyeol said and hung up on me.
 
" Chen.  What did you do?!" I said to myself as I dialed Soo Bin's number.
 
"I'm sorry but the number you have dialed is currently switched off. Please leave a message at the end of the tone..................BEEP!"
 
"Soo Bin, please pick up the phone," I said and hung up. I dialed her number about 157 times leaving the same message. In the 179th message, I sang one of her favorite songs, "Neorago (It's You)" by Super Junior:
 
oh! 난
그 누가 누가 뭐래도 나는 상관 없다고
그 누가 누가 욕해도 너만 바라본다고
나 다시 태어난 대도 오직 너 뿐이라고
째깍째깍 시간이 흘러도
oh! 난
널 사랑한다 말해도 천 번 만 번 말해도
내 가슴 속 다 불타고 마른 입술 닳도록
나 다시 태어난 대도 오직 너 뿐이라고
째깍째깍 시간이 흘러도
 
(Oh I don't care what anyone says so
No matter who curses at me, I'll only look at you
If I am born again, it will still be only you
(Tik-tak) Even as time goes by
Oh when I tell you I love you thousands of times
Even if my heart is on fire and as my lips are dry
If I am born again, it will still be only you
(Tik-tak) Even as time flies)
 
I knew nothing was going to work, but I didn't give up. I wiped my tears away and left another message.
 
 "Soo Bin, please answer the phone. I'm sorry for being a total and jerk. I'm sorry I didn't let you explain. I'm sorry I made everything so hard for you. I'm sorry for letting you go. Just please come back to me. I'm sorry..."
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
| Chen's ringtone | Doue - DBSK:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4A468sNTU
 
| Song Chen sings in message | Neorago (It's You) - SUPER JUNIOR:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ErgffP0wVw
 
*Thank you for reading! Please comment, and sorry for any mistakes!