Lean On Me

Our Journey
YOUR POV
 
"What?" I said, surprised.
 
"You heard me. We're over." Changmin, my boyfriend - well, now ex-boyfriend - said.
 
I was shocked. But I should've seen it coming. He's been neglecting me lately. Heck, he even forgot our two year dating anniversary three weeks ago.
 
"I'll be gone by tomorrow evening," I said, walking out of the apartment with my wallet, keys, and phone in hand. I had no idea where I would stay until I found a new apartment, but I had to get out of there, away from Changmin.
 
I walked to a near by park and sat on one of the benches, staring blankly ahead without a thought in my mind. I just wanted to sit there and forget about everything for just a minute.
 
I must of lost track time because the next thing I knew, the sun was setting and I heard a voice next to me. "Hey you," I looked up to see my childhood best friend, Kim Jongdae, or as he preferred, Chen.
 
"Hey Chennie," I said, immediately placing my head on his shoulder.
 
"Why so touchy today? You usually hate physical contact," Chen said, giving me a look.
 
"Nothing. Can't I show my love for my best friend? Let's just stay like this for a while," I said, closing my eyes.
 
"Okay then," Chen said, as he placed his head on mine. He started humming my favorite song, My Precious by Jang Geun Suk and it slowly lulled me to sleep.
 
*LATER THAT NIGHT*
 
I woke with a start, taking in my surroundings. 'Oh,' Ithought to myself. 'It's Chen's place,' Just as I was about to get out of bed, Chen walked in with a tray of food.
 
"Hey there. You fell asleep and looked really tired so I just brought you over here, I hope that's okay," he explained. "I made dinner," He walks over with the tray and sits down.
 
"Ahh," I say, too lazy to feed myself.  Chen chuckled to himself, but nevertheless picked out the chopsticks and started to feed me the rice. "Thank you, Chen-Chen," I said after I was full.
 
Chen got off the bed and asked, "So why were you at the park alone? Where's Changmin?"
 
"He's busy with work," I lied, not wanting to tell Chen yet. "He's on a business trip and I was lonely so I went to the park,"
 
Chen looked into my eyes. "You're lying,"
 
"No, I'm not," I said, playing with the hem of my shirt.
 
"Yes, you are. I've been your best friend for the past 15 years. Whenever you lie, you play with hem of your shirt. What's wrong, you can tell me,"
 
"Changmin...he broke up with me..." I say almost inaudible, as my eyes started to slightly tear up.
 
"He what?!"
 
"He broke up with me," I said a little louder, looking up at his face filled with anger.
 
"That little - " Chen started.
 
"Chen, please don't. I don't want to talk about it," I said, trying to hold in my tears.
 
Chen took a deep breathe, moving in closer to me. He placed his arms around me, one around my waist, and the other on my head. "It's okay, Soo Bin. It's okay. Just let it out," he whispered to me.
 
And I did. I cried and cried and cried. I cried until I had no tears left in my eyes. I looked to see Chen, smiling softly at me me. "Are you feeling a little better?" he asked.
 
"Yeah. Thanks Chennie," I said hugging him. "But now your shirt is all wet because of me..." I said, feeling a little bit guilty.
 
"It's okay. Why don't you change into something else? You still have some clothes left from last time. I'll also change and you can pick a movie for us to watch, arraso?" Chen suggested.
 
"Okay," I said, with a smile.
 
CHEN'S POV
 
"Yeah. Thanks Chennie," she said hugging me. "But now your shirt is all wet because of me..." Soo Bin said with a slight pout on her face.
 
"It's okay. Why not you change into something else? You still have some clothes left from last time. I'll also change and you can pick a movie to watch, arraso?"
 
"Okay," she said, with a smile.
 
"Good," I smile back, and walk out of the tray. After washing the dishes,changing into sweatpants and a hoodie, and making popcorn, I walked back to the room Soo Bin was in. "Done changing?" I asked, knocking on the door.
 
"Yeah, you can come in!" She shouted from inside. I walked in to see her on the carpet where the TV was set up, deciding what to watch.
 
"What did you come up with?"
 
"I'm stuck between A Moment to Remember and Miracle in Cell No. 7. What do you want?"
 
I take a look at both and say,"Let's watch A Moment to Remember,"
 
"Arraso," she said.  She put the DVD in the player and joined me and the bowl of popcorn on the bed.
 
*AFTER THE MOVE*
 
"Oh my gosh, that was such a beautiful movie!" Soo Bin said, as she wiped her tears away with a tissue.
 
"Eh, it was alright," I said. Honestly, I thought the movie was super sad and I was about to burst into tears.
 
"Well, you're Chen," she said, shaking her head at me.
 
"And it's time for bed for you," I said, looking at the time. 11:49 P.M. I was about to get up when Soo Bin grabbed my arm. "Yeah?"
 
"Can you sing for me? Please?" she asked with her big doe like eyes.
 
"Sure. What song?" I ask, chucking at her innocence.
 
"Neorago (It's You) by Super Junior,"
 
"Arraso," I say, and clear my throat ready to sing.
 
oh! 난
그 누가 누가 뭐래도 나는 상관 없다고
그 누가 누가 욕해도 너만 바라본다고
나 다시 태어난 대도 오직 너 뿐이라고
째깍째깍 시간이 흘러도
oh! 난
널 사랑한다 말해도 천 번 만 번 말해도
내 가슴 속 다 불타고 마른 입술 닳도록
나 다시 태어난 대도 오직 너 뿐이라고
째깍째깍 시간이 흘러도
 
(Oh I don't care what anyone says so
No matter who curses at me, I'll only look at you
If I am born again, it will still be only you
(Tik-tak) Even as time goes by
Oh when I tell you I love you thousands of times
Even if my heart is on fire and as my lips are dry
If I am born again, it will still be only you
(Tik-tak) Even as time flies)
 
Just as I finished the chorus, Soo Bin had fallen asleep. I tucked her into bed, and kissed her forehead. I got off the bed with the empty popcorn bowl and made my way to the door.
 
Before I walked out of the room for the night, I turned around and said to my sleeping best friend, "Good night Soo Bin, and sweet dreams. I know you won't ever notice me as more then a brother, but I want you to know that you can always lean on me,"
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
| Song Chen hums | My Precious - Jang Geun Suk:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfqQVJzCpXQ
 
| Song Chen sings for Soo Bin| Neorago (It's You) - SUPER JUNIOR:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ErgffP0wVw
 
*Thank you for reading! Please comment, and sorry for any mistakes!