A Chance

Our Journey
YOUR POV
 
"I'm home~~~" I say as I walk into my apartment. Excuse me - my co-owned apartment. Before I continue on, I should probably explain what the heck is going on.
 
It's now been 6 months after Changmin broke up with me, and I've decided to be more serious on my work at the moment instead of putting all of my attention in a new relationship. My childhood best friend, Kim Jongdae or as he preferred Chen, had offered me move in with him, and I did.
 
So here I am, 6 months later: living with my best friend while working as a manager at one of the Yongsan Electronics Market branches in Seoul.
 
"In the living room!" Chen shouted, probably from the living room.
 
"Okay! I'll make dinner after I shower!" I shout back as I walk to my room. I grab a pair of shorts and one of Chen's old hoodies that was too small for him, and step into the shower. 20 minutes later, I walk into the kitchen ready to make dinner. I decided to make some spaghetti and bake a cake along with it. I started singing along to my iPod as it blasted away on the speakers as I set the spaghetti to boil and got the eggs out.
 
저 멀리 밝게 빛나는 저 별빛
어깨를 두드리는 바람
모두 나를 비춰 다시 꿈을 꾸네
내일 아침 떠오르는
태양도 서로를 위해
꼭 잡은 손 다시 날 일으켜
나는 노래하네
 
(The starlight that shines brightly from far away
The wind that knocks on my shoulders
It all shines on me and I dream once again
The sun that will rise tomorrow morning is for us
We tightly hold hands and it raises
me up so I can sing again)
 
"What ya making?" Chen asked, walking into the kitchen.
 
"Spaghetti and a cake," I answer.
 
"Oohh, can I help?" he asked, excited after hearing 'cake'.
 
"Sure. The bell for the cake is going to go off in about 20 minutes. Until then, cut the onions for the spaghetti, and I'll make a salad."
 
"Yes ma'am," Chen said, saluting me in a playful way. We both continued to work silently as the music went on, before my phone went off.
 
여보세요 밥은 먹었니
어디서 뭘 하는지 걱정되니까
여보세요 왜 아무 말 못하니
여보세요 여보세요
 
(Hello, did you eat?
Where are you, what are you doing? I’m worried
Hello, why aren’t you saying anything?
Hello? (Hello) Hello? (Hello))
 
"Whoops that's my phone." I said. "Yeoboseyo?...Oh! Jaejoong Oppa!...Yes, I was making dinner...Oh, it's no problem!...This Saturday? I would love too!...Okay, thank you! Good evening!" I turn around and see Chen giving me a strange look.
 
"Yes?" I ask.
 
"Nothing. Just wondering if you wanted to take a walk after dinner." he said, facing his back towards me.
 
"Sure. It's nice outside." I answer and we returned to cooking.
 
CHEN'S POV
 
Whoops that's my phone." Soo Bin said. "Yeoboseyo?...Oh! Jaejoong Oppa!...Yes, I was making dinner...Oh, it's no problem!...This Saturday? I would love too!...Okay, thank you! Good evening!"
 
Jaejoong sunbae? Who was he? Is he trying to take Soo Bin away? I guess Joon Myeon hyung was right. I should confess to Soo Bin before someone else did.
 
I didn't notice I was staring at her until she said, "Yes?"
 
"Nothing. Just wondering if you wanted to take a walk after dinner," I suggested, turning my back towards her.
 
"Sure. It's nice outside." she answered and we returned to cooking.
 
*AFTER DINNER*
 
"So, uh, why exactly are we walking around after dinner on a Tuesday night?" Soo Bin asked.
 
"What, I can't spend some quality time with my best friend?" I asked in a playful way. But honestly, I felt like the butterflies inside were about to burst out any minute.
 
"Okay," Soo Bin said, shrugging the matter off. "But, can we sit down? We've been walking around for a LONG time," she asked
 
"Arraso," I say and guide her to a near by bench. We sat there in a silence, a comfortable silence. "I-I-I have s-something to s-say," I say nervously stammering.
 
"Yes?" Soo Bin, giving me all her attention.
 
I take a deep breath and began talking, "Look Soo Bin, I know that  we've been best friends for 15 years now and you probably only see me as an older brother, but I don't. I know that you probably don't feel the same, but there's that one piece of me saying something else, that's a little hope. I just want to get this off my chest. I get really mad and jealous when I see you talking to other guys. I want to be that guy that can make you smile and laugh. Comfort you when you're sad. Wipe your tears away when you cry. Hug you when your cold. Park Soo Bin. I like you. A lot."
 
Soo Bin's face was showing me no clear emotion. 'Good going Chen,' I think to myself. 'There goes 15 years of friendship.'
 
"I'm sorry Soo Bin. I shouldn't have said that. I know that you're not looking for a relationship right now, and now I probably made you so confused and I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. Let's - let's just forget everything I just said," I said, trying to make her feel better.
 
YOUR POV
 
"I'm sorry Soo Bin. I shouldn't have said that. I know that you're not looking for a relationship right now, and now I probably made you so confused and I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. Let's - let's just forget everything I just said," Chen said. His face and voice were both filled with guilt.
 
"It - it's okay Chen. Don't feel bad," I said, but Chen didn't hear me.
 
"You should go back to the apartment. I'll stay at Joon Myeon hyung's apartment tonight," Chen said and started to walk away.
 
"Wait Chen!" I shout, grabbing his arm to stop him. I look up into his eyes and said,"I don't know how I feel right now, but...I can always give you a chance, right?"
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
| Song Soo Bin sings while cooking | Tonight - SPICA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VSpBPqBJF8
 
| Soo Bin's ringtone | Yeoboseyo (Hello) - NU'EST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwlKalNwGdk
 
*Thank you for reading! Please comment, and sorry for any mistakes!